Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Beany

Critter in the sewer

15 posts in this topic

A family member posted this on FB, I think it's photoshopped, anyone else have an opinion?

I think I've seen this or something similiar. Since I can't view the video, I'll be on the fence and let others decide before I decide.

Posted (edited)

Been solved for a very long time.....Here is link to other link that shares the story of whom made it and why....

http://www.unexplain...3

Ah Hell, I'll make it easy :

SIGHTINGS of an unusual-looking animal in the sewer network in the North West, which we reported this morning, were an April Fools Day hoax.

The creature, dubbed 'Messie', was described as being 'far too big for a rat, standing upright on strong back legs'.

Grainy CCTV footage of the 'creature' was filmed in real sewers as part of the stunt.

Water company United Utilities came up with the idea to highlight the perils of flushing inappropriate items down the loo.

It clears 15,000 sewer blockages a year after the wrong items are flushed away.

The blockages cause sewage to flood onto roads, pavements, rivers and even into customers' homes.

Rose Francis, United Utilities campaign manager, said: "The real monsters lurking in the sewers are the baby wipes, cotton buds and nappies which clog pipes and cause flooding.

"It's a big issue, as the resulting flooding can cause real distress for households, and pollute local watercourses.

"By using a bin in the bathroom instead of flushing waste, many of these flooding incidents can be avoided."

According to the Consumer Council for Water, three quarters of all sewer blockages - and half of all cases of sewer flooding - are caused by people putting items they shouldn't down the loo or the sink.

Edited by Sakari
2 people like this

"Messie" hahaha great!

Yeah, this is like the 4th or 5th time this has been posted in the last year. It was a well established and docmented hoax, in England I believe.

This is exactly why so many folks believe this paranormal silliness.

As was stated, this video is an admitted hoax, but yet it's still sitting out there in the ether just waiting to ensnare new believers.

Anyone knowing his way around After Effects / Premiere can put this together. Still fun though.

Posted (edited)

Looked familiar...

post-108992-0-00659300-1342147676_thumb.

Edited by Rye17

Looked familiar...

tats proven a hoax too

Messie is a good name :D

Ah, shame its fake. They should use the creature in a film though. It's creepy.

i have to admit i flushed the craper this morning but i did name it oboma does that count?

1 person likes this

tats proven a hoax too

It wasn't actually in the end. (Even though it's blatently fake)

A computer game company said they made it, but later on they where either caught out or admitted to not making it. They jumped on it for free viral publicity. It will be fake, I can't remember if we discovered who did make it int he end though.

A confirmed hoax, was it not?

i LOLed.