Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth

As the largest branch of the military and the senior service, the Army would have insisted on getting its share of all information related to UFOs, particularly if something crashed or was otherwise on the ground for some reason. From what i saw, there were able to get quite a bit of information in the contacts with the other services and the intelligence agencies, and if something did crash, the Army had to have been notified. It would have been extremely upset if it had not been made aware of something that important.

I guess the Army would be a given, if they had to remove/protect/cordon off a crash site.

I think the world would be surprised at what would happen if the U.S. government waived the secrecy classifications about UFOs, and how many people would come forward with their own documents, pictures and recollections. It would be quite a lot of information, far more than has been declassified or leaked to the public so far.

As usual, my question would be how the masses would react to this avalanche of information, only part of which has been officially confirmed up until now.

I wonder how much longer they will keep testing the waters?

I suppose the detail of this information would be a deciding factor...i.e.' we know they come in peace' versus 'we shot one of them down, P****d them off and now the rest are on their way to kick out butts'

I should write a book, i did see something in the trees maybe it was a bird, maybe it was alien....read more in my book for only $56.99 find out the truth now!

WTF wrong with this Ex CIA, FBI people?

I want the Audio-book version

I suppose the detail of this information would be a deciding factor...i.e.' we know they come in peace' versus 'we shot one of them down, P****d them off and now the rest are on their way to kick out butts'

Yeah, I think we did shoot some of them down and they shoot some of ours down as well. It seemed that was going on quite a lot in the 1940s and 1950s, and perhaps even later than that, with weapons being "tested" in space.

Did you note this part of the article: "

He spent his final 10 years of CIA service on the director's staff as the agency's first official liaison to the entertainment and publication industries."

Of course, I have always thought the the military and intelligence community were running some kind of "public education" program with the entertainment industry concerning UFOs, probably going back to the 1950s. Maybe that was part of his job as well.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 1

All he said about the box was that it contained:

"Some written material and some photographs, and that's all I will ever say to anybody about the contents of that box," he said. "But it absolutely, for me, was the single validating moment that everything I had believed, and knew that so many other people believed had happened, truly was what occurred."

All I ever saw about that other UFO crash was some pictures and documents, never any physical evidence, and I have no idea where that would be.

See this is exactly what annoys the hell out of me.

It's ET are real the Goverment are keeping it hidden.... BUY MY BOOK NOW to read more.

Automatically when there is a book involved I shut off.

Looks like the book-hawkers come from all corners:

http://www.jamesoberg.com/books.html

Somebody's full of it, that much is obvious.

Did you note this part of the article: "

He spent his final 10 years of CIA service on the director's staff as the agency's first official liaison to the entertainment and publication industries."

Of course, I have always thought the the military and intelligence community were running some kind of "public education" program with the entertainment industry concerning UFOs, probably going back to the 1950s. Maybe that was part of his job as well.

Yes I did notice, also noticed it was during that position that he was able to access said 'box'....but as you mentioned earlier is this al part of clever 'test/plan' conducted by his superiors..

Yes I did notice, also noticed it was during that position that he was able to access said 'box'....but as you mentioned earlier is this al part of clever 'test/plan' conducted by his superiors..

They seem to do that every once in a while, even if they have to get the information across in a fictionalized way. After all, there are many of us from the military and intelligence community who have repeatedly confirmed that UFOs are real and that they are not from around here. Some have even gone further than that.....

Edited by TheMacGuffin

quote from the article:

"Brandon is currently promoting his book, "The Cryptos Conundrum," a science fiction story about the history of Earth, contact with extraterrestrials

and imagined cataclysmic events on our planet."

i sense a cash-in attempt to an old myth that probably never will be solved.....

from charles' site the comment is :

'...novel The Cryptos Conundrum –a sci-fi, political conspiracy thriller about CIA’s cover-up of the Roswell UFO crash'

hmmm.

• Like 1

from charles' site the comment is :

'...novel The Cryptos Conundrum –a sci-fi, political conspiracy thriller about CIA’s cover-up of the Roswell UFO crash'

One thing I know, that a guy in his position is not allowed to publish everything without permission from his former employers. They would have gone over ever line in the book, just to make sure he wasn't giving away anything without authorization.

As to how much of this is true and how much is fictionalized.....

One thing I know, that a guy in his position is not allowed to publish everything without permission from his former employers. They would have gone over ever line in the book, just to make sure he wasn't giving away anything without authorization.

As to how much of this is true and how much is fictionalized.....

http://silverscreensaucers.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/senior-cia-officer-claims-knowledge-of.html

Judging from online chatter, the UFO community is wondering if Brandon’s Roswell comments may herald the much anticipated ‘Disclosure’ of alien reality. Brandon’s book passed through the Agency’s Publications Review Board (PRB), and his radio interview should, as standard procedure, have also been subject to prior approval by the PRB. If Brandon’s comments were subject to official approval, and if he was speaking the truth, then this might indicate that the CIA is using him to work what the Agency calls a ‘limited hangout,’ whereby previously hidden information is released to the public in order to prevent a greater exposure of more damaging details.

In this context, it is noteworthy that Brandon carefully absolved the CIA of any on-going complicity in an active cover-up of the Roswell incident.

http://silverscreens...owledge-of.html

Judging from online chatter, the UFO community is wondering if Brandon’s Roswell comments may herald the much anticipated ‘Disclosure’ of alien reality. Brandon’s book passed through the Agency’s Publications Review Board (PRB), and his radio interview should, as standard procedure, have also been subject to prior approval by the PRB. If Brandon’s comments were subject to official approval, and if he was speaking the truth, then this might indicate that the CIA is using him to work what the Agency calls a ‘limited hangout,’ whereby previously hidden information is released to the public in order to prevent a greater exposure of more damaging details.

In this context, it is noteworthy that Brandon carefully absolved the CIA of any on-going complicity in an active cover-up of the Roswell incident.

Or it could be far more simple. That they looked at the material, found nothing valid in it and allowed him to release his fantasy.

Or it could be far more simple. That they looked at the material, found nothing valid in it and allowed him to release his fantasy.

They have been looking at all kinds of material for 60-70 years now.

I never bought any of his books, either. The first one I bought when I got interested in UFOs was by Hynek, and I still think that was one of the best.

That's not the same as what I meant at all.

http://silverscreens...owledge-of.html

It's de rigueur that he would have to say that, since according to the CIA they would never, ever have even dreamed of covering up anything, and at least half of the UFO reports were really U-2 flights, even before the U-2 existed. LOL

Ya I'm sure the CIA leaves this stuff laying around on shelves in unlocked boxes.. I'm sure this has nothing to do with promoting his new book..

• Like 1

Roswell UFO Was Not Of This Earth And There Were ET Cadavers: Ex-CIA Agent Says

It was 65 years ago today that the Roswell Daily Record blasted an infamous headline claiming local military officials had captured a flying saucer on a nearby ranch. And now, a former CIA agent says it really happened.

"It was not a damn weather balloon -- it was what it was billed when people first reported it," said Chase Brandon, a 35-year CIA veteran. "It was a craft that clearly did not come from this planet, it crashed and I don't doubt for a second that the use of the word 'remains' and 'cadavers' was exactly what people were talking about."

Read more

You mean there are people out there still in doubt? :no:

And the "yes its was! - no it wasn't!" arguement continues. How many Roswell threads do you think there are? :P

Bury a body prematurely and it will rise up and live again. This one's got plenty of life left in it. This is the price the authorities pay for cover ups. Had they have told the public the truth then the monkey would have been off their back years ago. Show people the aliens, show people the craft and that would have been that. Conspiracies cost; and it will cost the US government a lot more before it's all finally over.

Z

Ya I'm sure the CIA leaves this stuff laying around on shelves in unlocked boxes.. I'm sure this has nothing to do with promoting his new book..

This is what he said:

"It was a vaulted area and not everybody could get in it," Brandon told The Huffington Post. "One day, I was looking around in there and reading some of the titles that were mostly hand-scribbled summations of what was in the boxes. And there was one box that really caught my eye. It had one word on it: Roswell."

Now I have also been in underground vaults looking for information of various kinds, and I could look through the boxes since I had the right kind of ID. There must have been tens of thousands of boxes of all kinds of classified stuff sitting on the shelves there, just stored away in the same files that had been packed in the boxes long before. A lot of that stuff was just long-forgotten and no one had ever looked at it again but me.

These were very large vaults, too, behind heavy steal doors, but I was allowed to look through the things I wanted. A lot of the time, I knew more about the subject and the right locations to find the files than the people in charge of the vaults.

I'd like to tell you that I would go down there just to look up all the old Top Secret UFO files--which do indeed exist by the way--but I was working on other things.

I can only imagine the millions and billions of documents around Washington that are still gathering dust in underground vaults, with no one paying the slightest attention to them any more.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Publishing a book is the fastest way to be discredited. Only those looking to make a fast buck publish books.

I can only imagine the millions and billions of documents around Washington that are still gathering dust in underground vaults, with no one paying the slightest attention to them any more.

It must be the same in most other countries too. It's odd that no other country has had a leader who just thought, "what the heck, I'll put it out there for everyone to see".

Publishing a book is the fastest way to be discredited. Only those looking to make a fast buck publish books.

For a first time author, a book generally starts with a completely finished and polished manuscript for fiction and memoirs, and a and sample pages for nonfiction. Yes, novelists: . Published authors can sometimes sell novels on proposal.

It's then generally advisable for an unpublished author to . Very few publishers these days accept submissions from unagented authors and a good agent can give a project a better chance at succeeding and will usually be able to negotiate a better deal than the author would be able to achieve on their own.

Once an agent has taken on a project they then send it to one or more editors at different publishing houses. The agent will specifically target the submission to the editors that they feel are most appropriate for the book. The editors take a look at the project, and if it's something they are interested in they will share it with their colleagues and boss(es) to gauge the enthusiasm. Once the editor has the go-ahead to move forward with the project they will send the agent an offer.

The submission process can take anywhere from a week to a year or more depending on when/if the agent finds a match for the project.

An offer usually includes an advance, royalties, territory, and other specific terms (please see my for definitions). Sometimes the offer will be for one book or sometimes it will be for multiple books. If more than one editor is interested there may be an auction to determine which publisher will make the best offer.

When the deal points have been agreed upon and the author accepts an offer the publisher will send a contract, which the agent or the agency's contracts director will negotiate.

After the contract has been signed, if the project was sold on proposal it's then time for the author to write the book.

Once the manuscript is completed (nonfiction) or after the contract is signed (fiction) the editor will usually send an editorial letter suggesting content changes that the author will then make. These changes are somewhat negotiable, but for the most part authors will follow their editor's suggestions.

When the changes have been made and the manuscript is deemed editorially acceptable it moves to copyediting, where typos and other errors are corrected, and designed as it will look on the page. The author has to review the different versions of the completed manuscript to catch typos. The publisher is also working during this time on the design of the book, including the cover, trim size, paper type, and other design-y considerations.

Meanwhile, the editor is coordinating with their marketing and sales teams to write copy for the publisher's seasonal catalog, write the jacket copy, to (hopefully) generate enthusiasm among the sales team for the project, and to help shape marketing plans. Several months before the book's publication the sales team will be coordinating with bookstore buyers and other "accounts" as they place their orders, which helps determine how many copies of the book the publisher prints. The agent usually keeps tabs on this process to make sure everything is happening according to plan.

The publication process from finished manuscript to in-bookstore books usually takes a year or more. It can occasionally be compressed if it is an especially timely project, but the process usually requires quite a bit of lead time.

When publication date arrives the book goes on sale and the author is rich and famous behind their wildest dreams. Sometimes. Not usually.

The author then gets cracking on their next book (or rather, they should already have been cracking), and the process repeats.

The end!

Sounds pretty easy, quick and fruitful to me. I'm sure he'll give 'Fifty Shades of Grey' a run for it's money.

• Like 1

It must be the same in most other countries too. It's odd that no other country has had a leader who just thought, "what the heck, I'll put it out there for everyone to see".

UFOs In South America - Disclosure Has Begun - Full Feature