Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO over Stuttgart, Germany

Saru

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jacques Terreur

• ChrLzs

• Lupa92

• Sheetz

The footage seems legit at first glance.

Does anyone know if the use commercial blimps there for sporting events, etc, the way we do here in the US. It appears to be a slow moving illuminated blimp. I have seen similar aircraft at the airport near my home.

The use of blimps for sporting events has been going on for quite a few years in the UK and Europe.

The video appears to me to be one of those blimps :)

great video - I'm not convinced this is a blimp though...

VERY INTERESTING

The footage seems legit at first glance.

Does anyone know if the use commercial blimps there for sporting events, etc, the way we do here in the US. It appears to be a slow moving illuminated blimp. I have seen similar aircraft at the airport near my home.

I live in germany, but i've never seen any free floating illuminated blimp flying around. Commercial blimps are common, but they fly in daytime and are easily recognizable as what they are. You have illuminated balloons sometimes on sport events or music festivals, but they are tethered to the ground to stay in one spot. Maybe one tore itself lose in heavy wind, it's hard to tell. That guy's voice in the clip indicates that he's about to c**p himself every moment, though....

A quick browse around here:

http://www.modern-ai...fo/en/home.html

reveals that there are a lot of blimps that are used for advertising, tourism rides, filming events from the air etc in Germany, inc. a number in Stuttgart - the Hofbrau blimp looks like a good candidate... On another forum, a person claiming to live there said he remembered a different advertising blimp that had been used during and after a festival called Cannstatter Fruehlingsfest - the blimp was capable of changing the images/lighting effects on its sides. The dates seem to match well, and the fact he knew that festival even existed seems to suggest it may be a legitimate possible explanation.

And you need to ask the very obvious question.. This was going on over a city - if there was something like that in the skies that WASN'T a known object, shouldn't there be tens if not hundreds of other reports?

Sure looks like a blimp.

A quick browse around here:

http://www.modern-ai...fo/en/home.html

reveals that there are a lot of blimps that are used for advertising, tourism rides, filming events from the air etc in Germany, inc. a number in Stuttgart - the Hofbrau blimp looks like a good candidate... On another forum, a person claiming to live there said he remembered a different advertising blimp that had been used during and after a festival called Cannstatter Fruehlingsfest - the blimp was capable of changing the images/lighting effects on its sides. The dates seem to match well, and the fact he knew that festival even existed seems to suggest it may be a legitimate possible explanation.

And you need to ask the very obvious question.. This was going on over a city - if there was something like that in the skies that WASN'T a known object, shouldn't there be tens if not hundreds of other reports?

Sure looks like a blimp.

Nice dig! i've never encountered an illuminated one! Could have totally been that thing!

It does look like a blimp (I assume not being really that familiar with them) but if blimps are as common as they seem to be in Germany then surely someone(especially a native)would know what they looked like. He seems pretty freaked out to me. But who knows there are a lot of possibilities it's a very well done video either way.

those lit blimps are common now in every sporting country around the world and can be seen above any night time event. They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Some without tail fins, some are spheres, some are cigar shaped, even ones that look like discs. Remember, its an advertising prop, so making it look like a UFO only draws additional attention. The usual blimp shape is very common for all the same reasons. Still looked cool though

litblimp.jpg

Edited by Sheetz

It does look like a blimp (I assume not being really that familiar with them) but if blimps are as common as they seem to be in Germany then surely someone(especially a native)would know what they looked like. He seems pretty freaked out to me. But who knows there are a lot of possibilities it's a very well done video either way.

I can tell you: there's some areas in germany where people still point open-mouthed to helicopters in the sky! :D

Here's a very similar one:

:tu:

• Like 1

that pretty much nailed it....:) someone contact Stuttgart and tell the guy it's ok again to get out of his cellar....