Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congrats to Pres. Obama on his reelection

Pyridium

A much worse outcome will be Obama 50% and Romney 50%. It won't be Bush Gore this time around though. I could actually see a constitutional crisis with riots in some cities. This is where even a few thousand dead voters or illegals will make all the difference.

You forget that the President is picked by the electoral college not by the popular vote. 95% of the popular vote could theoretically be for a candidate and the electoral college could pick someone else.

As my source told me a few days ago, Obama has initiated the first step in legalizing all 12 million illegal immigrants. Read my comments on this just a few posts above this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/25/dhs-deportation-policy-cost_n_1702072.html

Some states just need a valid address to vote. With a work permit, it will be easy to get a driver's license also. The article states that over 1 million immigrants will be "legal" in just a few months.

Congrats, Obama, you da man!

Historically speakiing Obama is in trouble. Historically the sitting President has never won if his approval rating is below 50% in the Spring, and Obama was at 47%. Also the economy has not turned around very fast, or grown barely at all. Bernakie just said Unemployment is high and growth is substandard. Not good signs. People (the 20% of swing voters... the wishy washy fence sitters!) usually wait till the last 2 months before they make up their minds, so if the economy turns around well between now and October, Obama is in a good place. And if it is about the same, he's in hot water... scalding in fact.

Bringing up Bain now is excellent for ROmney, it gives him, August and September to work on dulling any edges on what happened suring that time. Just like I think he needs to release more tax returns now, so that the 20% of the sheep herd can forget about it by September.

ROMNEY! ROMNEY!

heh, heh, heh... couldn't resist a little fanaticism...

I do wonder who the VP choice is going to be? I heard that it was supposed to be announced by now.

• Like 1

The point of this thread is that there is no way OBAMA can lose in November.

Just today it was revealed that Romney is a criminal for false reporting to the SEC after 1999. Romney is a mormon and hides hoards of money offshore. His Bain company sent millions of jobs overseas.

Vote results for November 6 is.... Obama 75%...Romney 24%.

Time to start planning for Christmas.

Historically speakiing Obama is in trouble. Historically the sitting President has never won if his approval rating is below 50% in the Spring, and Obama was at 47%. Also the economy has not turned around very fast, or grown barely at all. Bernakie just said Unemployment is high and growth is substandard. Not good signs. People (the 20% of swing voters... the wishy washy fence sitters!) usually wait till the last 2 months before they make up their minds, so if the economy turns around well between now and October, Obama is in a good place. And if it is about the same, he's in hot water... scalding in fact.

Bringing up Bain now is excellent for ROmney, it gives him, August and September to work on dulling any edges on what happened suring that time. Just like I think he needs to release more tax returns now, so that the 20% of the sheep herd can forget about it by September.

ROMNEY! ROMNEY!

heh, heh, heh... couldn't resist a little fanaticism...

I do wonder who the VP choice is going to be? I heard that it was supposed to be announced by now.

Well, if Romney wants to stand a chance, he would be wise to at least give his VP spot to Rand Paul. That could possibly turn the tide. Otherwise, goodluck Mitt, you've got a steep hill to climb.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

From where I'm standing Obama is the most charismatic politician in a long while, not that that should necessarily commend him, but slickness and media skills take a lot of beating at election time, for better or worse.

From where I'm standing Obama is the most charismatic politician in a long while, not that that should necessarily commend him, but slickness and media skills take a lot of beating at election time, for better or worse.

Charismatic does not fix the Deficit, or get Congress running, or get us out of foreign wars, or put people back to work.

President Obama,

Thank you for opening my eyes to a new and better way to live as an American. Your promise of "Hope and Change" has changed my life forever. I used to be one of those hard working people that struggled through the week just to get to the weekend for some well deserved rest, if I did not have to work overtime. Now I am on SSI disability and am able to enjoy life 7 days a week. Life is now wonderful; thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I went to work at a Golf course Pro Shop several years ago and met the office manager. He has been on disability since he was 48 and he is allowed to earn no more than $150 per week. He has an under the table arrangement with the owner in which he gets to eat free, drink (booze) free, helps himself to balls, gloves, shoes and chothes if he itemizes them for the owner. He plays golf 4 to 5 times a week free and has a 13 handicap. Two years ago, he blew out a knee while golfing and had a total knee replacement. The following spring he was ready to tackle the grueling game of golf once again.

He explained to me what to say to my doctor and I went for an office call for a (damaged elbow). Within a year I started getting my disability checks. I still work part-time to stay under $150 per week and play all the golf I want to play for free. No free food or booze yet, still working on that.

My daughter, (26), has 2 lovely children under 2 years old. She did not get married to the father, but lives with him; great couple. She is able to use Medicaid and gets food stamps. Marriage is so overrated.

50% of all Americans do not pay any Federal Income Taxe and 50% of all householdes receive some form of government assistance; housing subsidies, food stamps, disability, student loans, etc.

If everyone on the govt. dole would just show up to vote, you will have 4 more years to put a permenant "life" plan in place for all 100% of us.

I am so proud to be an American. Congratulations President Obama!

First off, I'm no Obama supporter...believe me...but either you're not American, or you're the latest example of how our educational system isn't priority.

• Like 2

here

• Obama has overhauled the food safety system
  • Advanced women's rights in the work place
  • Ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell (DADT) in our military
  • Stopped defending DOMA in court.
  • Passed the Hate Crimes bill.
  • Appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court.
  • Expanded access to medical care and provided subsidies for people who can't afford it.
  • Expanded the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
  • Fixed the preexisting conditions travesty [and rescissions] in health insurance.
  • Invested in clean energy.
  • Overhauled the credit card industry, making it much more consumer-friendly.
  • While Dodd-Frank bill was weak in many respects, it was still an extremely worthwhile start at re-regulating the financial sector.
  • He created a Elizabeth Warren's dream agency: The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
  • He's done a lot for veterans
  • He got help for people whose health was injured during the clean-up after the 9/11 attacks.

• He's killed Osama Bin Laden
    • Eliminated several other Al-Qaeda leaders
    • Ended the War in Iraq
    • Begun the drawdown of forces from Afghanistan
    • End-run Republican obstructionism by recess-appointing Richard Cordray to run the Consumer Financial Protection Board.

Here;s an even larger list http://obamaachievements.org/list

Wait a minute. Stop the presses. Obama killed Osama Bin Laden? I was under the impression he was acting on intelligence that was in hand WELL BEFORE his administrationl was in place.....and I'm fairly certain he was sitting in a control room watching the operation on a screen........thousands of miles away.

This is also the same guy who "preached" frugality not long after his inauguration, while his wife was "renting" a ball gown for over $40,000 and still refuses to buy a pair of shoes that cost less than $400. Oh....but she'll "preach" about how she started a White House vegetable garden to set an example to save money.

When Obama got elected......I was against it simply because he had no executive experience. It had nothing to do with ethnicity or background. I honestly couldn't understand how an entire country could be swayed by one man's ability to speak.

Also, to address one of your points.....Obama expanded access to medical care? You're right. He did. And in doing so, he gave insurance companies more leverage to choose which medical provider was the cheapest. Not based on quality of care......the cheapest. So to give you an example, my brother-in-law is fighting cancer. He can get treatment 15 miles from where he lives.....but because of Obama, his insurance takes the cheaper rate.....and he has to drive SIX HOURS PER DAY TO GO FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES OF RADIATION THERAPY. And that's one way. He has to drive another six hours back home.

Do you think the insurance company covers his fuel expenses.....or cares about the fact that the drive alone every day of the week is doing him more harm than good?

There's more than the bottom line, and campaign supporters don't realize it. Your guy didn't do anybody any favors, trust me.

• Like 1

Wait a minute. Stop the presses. Obama killed Osama Bin Laden? I was under the impression he was acting on intelligence

AS Commander in Chief, Obama gave the order. Same as Bush getting whatisname in Iraq.

This is also the same guy who "preached" frugality not long after his inauguration, while his wife was "renting" a ball gown for over $40,000 and still refuses to buy a pair of shoes that cost less than $400. Oh....but she'll "preach" about how she started a White House vegetable garden to set an example to save money.

When did Obama preach frugality before the election? (which was 3+ years ago now) What should she have worn to the most important party in the nations calendar? Walmart? The vegetable garden is about saving money AND it's about eating right. Do you have a problem with that?

When Obama got elected......I was against it simply because he had no executive experience. It had nothing to do with ethnicity or background. I honestly couldn't understand how an entire country could be swayed by one man's ability to speak.

executive experience is not a qualification. The founding fathers apparently knew something you don't.

Also, to address one of your points.....Obama expanded access to medical care? You're right. He did. And in doing so, he gave insurance companies more leverage to choose which medical provider was the cheapest. Not based on quality of care......the cheapest. So to give you an example, my brother-in-law is fighting cancer. He can get treatment 15 miles from where he lives.....but because of Obama, his insurance takes the cheaper rate.

You can try to blame Obama but he had little to do with your problem. The insurance companies ALREADY were doing that. And the insurance exchanges under "Obamacare" will not be setup until 2014.

Executive experience isn't a requirement to become the CEO of McDonald's either, but I highly doubt they're going to hire a fry cook for the job.......... Obama didn't even know how to sign an executive order not 10 minutes after he was publicly sworn in! He had to be told!

And what's wrong with her wearing clothes from Wal-Mart? It would have fit right in line with their stance on big business wiping out small business. Just because it's an important party doesn't mean you start setting an example later. It insulted millions of Americans when she said that times were tough and may get tougher and everyone would have to find ways to save.......and then she goes out and buys a $400 pair of shoes.

As for the insurance companies, you're right. I shouldn't lay it all on Obama. Congress and the Senate are equally to blame, on both sides of the aisle. And if Obamacare goes through, all it's going to do is empower insurance companies even more. The problem they neglect to address isn't the high cost of medical care. It's why there's such a high cost for medical care.....and that lies directly with frivolous lawsuits and people suing everybody else for ridiculous reasons.

He's still not helping. I didn't vote for him in '08. I think we're worse off than we were after the Bush fiasco, and I don't see anything changing if Obama continues. Not saying that Romney would be any better.....I just know I don't wanna go through another 4 years of the incompetent currently holding the office bungling things up even more.

• Like 1

Executive experience isn't a requirement to become the CEO of McDonald's either, but I highly doubt they're going to hire a fry cook for the job.......... Obama didn't even know how to sign an executive order not 10 minutes after he was publicly sworn in! He had to be told!

And what's wrong with her wearing clothes from Wal-Mart? It would have fit right in line with their stance on big business wiping out small business. Just because it's an important party doesn't mean you start setting an example later. It insulted millions of Americans when she said that times were tough and may get tougher and everyone would have to find ways to save.......and then she goes out and buys a $400 pair of shoes.

As for the insurance companies, you're right. I shouldn't lay it all on Obama. Congress and the Senate are equally to blame, on both sides of the aisle. And if Obamacare goes through, all it's going to do is empower insurance companies even more. The problem they neglect to address isn't the high cost of medical care. It's why there's such a high cost for medical care.....and that lies directly with frivolous lawsuits and people suing everybody else for ridiculous reasons.

He's still not helping. I didn't vote for him in '08. I think we're worse off than we were after the Bush fiasco, and I don't see anything changing if Obama continues. Not saying that Romney would be any better.....I just know I don't wanna go through another 4 years of the incompetent currently holding the office bungling things up even more.

I hate to say this but, it's probably not entirely Obama's fault either. Goldman Sachs is also pulling the administration's strings.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 1

Executive experience isn't a requirement to become the CEO of McDonald's either,

actually I think it is.

And what's wrong with her wearing clothes from Wal-Mart?

Walmart is the height of evil. But that's another subject.

It would have fit right in line with their stance on big business wiping out small business. Just because it's an important party doesn't mean you start setting an example later. It insulted millions of Americans when she said that times were tough and may get tougher and everyone would have to find ways to save.......and then she goes out and buys a $400 pair of shoes.

then you must be insulted by Romney and the rest of the 1% as well who stash their money in offshore accounts. Every hour of every day.

• 2 weeks later...

Pres. Obama last friday defined further his executive order allowing, requiring, "illegal immigrants" to apply for work permits. Any alien found with a criminal background will be deported, with the following exceptions; driving without a valid drivers license and/or a conviction of identity theft are NOT deportable crimes. Steal someone's identy and you must apply for a work permit!

Obama does not need a congress to implement his plans to "change" this country. Obama is the "KING" of executive orders. If Romney is elected president, he will recind every Obama order and bring this country back to what we used to have.

This election is an easy one. Vote Obama and help reorganize our social fabric, or vote Romney and we are back to everyone fend for him/her self.

Edited by Pyridium

Pres. Obama last friday defined further his executive order allowing, requiring, "illegal immigrants" to apply for work permits. Any alien found with a criminal background will be deported, with the following exceptions; driving without a valid drivers license and/or a conviction of identity theft are NOT deportable crimes. Steal someone's identy and you must apply for a work permit!

Obama does not need a congress to implement his plans to "change" this country. Obama is the "KING" of executive orders. If Romney is elected president, he will recind every Obama order and bring this country back to what we used to have.

This election is an easy one. Vote Obama and help reorganize our social fabric, or vote Romney and we are back to everyone fend for him/her self.

LOL!! You are delusional. Can you name one president that has ever lessened his own powers by recinding an executive order issued by a former president?? Don't waste you time searching because it has never happened. You are also delusioned if you think puppet Romney will defeat puppet Obama.

Edited by OverSword

LOL!! You are delusional. Can you name one president that has ever lessened his own powers by recinding an executive order issued by a former president?? Don't waste you time searching because it has never happened. You are also delusioned if you think puppet Romney will defeat puppet Obama.

Ehm yes, it has happened, the sealed car headlight executive order from the 60s has been rescinded in the 90s.

• Like 1

Soooo, will Romney rescind the "sign up the illegal aliens for work permits" in Obama's exec order? In a heartbeat.

If Romney wants to do so, he could take a few pointers from Obama and sign a few executive orders that change or eliminate the "obama care" law.

Past presidents have used this priviledge mostly for national security purposes. Obama is making drastic policy decisions with a stroke of a pen. No congress needed for Obama to literally turn this country on a dime during his next 4 years.

I think that Romney would leave existing Executive Orders alone for Year One, but would act more in Year Two and Year Three.

One of Obama's top promises was Guantanamo, and that is still there. Presidents often are not able to pull off what they promise.

Sometimes Executive Orders (EO) are not recinded but are never carried out. ie Guantanamo Detention center. Obama signed an EO to close Gitmo by the end of 2009, and it did not happen. Now in 2012, he is saying that Gitmo cannot be closed due to his taking a firm stance on Terrorism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guantanamo_Bay_detention_camp

On January 22, 2009, President Barack Obama signed an order to suspend the proceedings of the Guantanamo military commission for 120 days and that the detention facility would be shut down within the year.
On January 7, 2011, President Obama signed the 2011 Defense Authorization Bill which places restrictions on the transfer of Guantanamo prisoners to the mainland or to other foreign countries, thus impeding the closure of the detention facility. He recently stated in a press release that he would not allow Guantanamo Bay to close because he does not support terrorist actions, however...

An executive order is considered as "law". Soon after taking office, Obama began rescinding many executive orders that have stood for many years.

From WiKi,

Executive Order 13233, which restricted public access to the papers of former presidents, was more recently criticized by the Society of American Archivists and other groups, stating that it "violates both the spirit and letter of existing US law on access to presidential papers as clearly laid down in 44 USC. 2201–07," and adding that the order "potentially threatens to undermine one of the very foundations of our nation." President Obama later revoked Executive Order 13233 in January 2009.[7]

This was an attempt to scrub the papers of Pres. Bush and find evidence of "torture". Bush should have been behind bars for life!

Edited by Pyridium

This topic is dedicated to congratulating Pres. Obama on his reelection. Without the help from congress, Obama has shown us the actual power of the office of President of the United States. Obama has rescinded many of Bush's executive orders and will continue to use executive orders to keep his dream moving "forward". Here is the latest effort to help the poor and needy to obtain a quality way of life.

After the republicans captured congress in 1994, Pres. Clinton signed the "welfare to work law" passed by congress. This required welfare reciepients to be "actively" looking for work, or "actively" participating in school or a job training course. This is one of Clinton's most prized actions and it reduced welfare by 50%. Obama, by executive order, has just gutted Clinton's prized legacy.

With the stroke of the pen, Obama has "eliminated the work requirement" for people on welfare. Now welfare families can relax in piece and not be burdened with going to work, or learning a new skill. Not everyone can build a successful business, so most of us need a safety net that allows us the lifestyle that we can enjoy. I really hated waking up to an alarm clock every day of the week.

This will motivate the welfare class to vote for Obama this Nov. Just another example of how Obama is "generating" enough votes to complete his second term and get rid of our "old" system and show us how a President should run this country.

Congrats on your win in Nov. Pres. Obama. Just keep those checks coming.

With the stroke of the pen, Obama has "eliminated the work requirement" for people on welfare.

That's certainly what the Romney camp has been saying. But then they've never been shy about lying.

Congrats on your win in Nov. Pres. Obama. Just keep those checks coming.

Just curious, but why exactly should my tax dollars support those who are able to work, but choose not to? Please enlighten me on the fairness of that one. I'm sure everybody else will also agree with that philosophy.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
  • Like 2

That's certainly what the Romney camp has been saying. But then they've never been shy about lying.

Did President Obama, or did he not, sign an executive order to provide Welfare waivers to those not seeking work?

Because it seems like he did. Even House democrats are going on the Record as saying that this counters the spirit of the Clinton Era welfare reform law.

This will motivate the welfare class to vote for Obama this Nov. Just another example of how Obama is "generating" enough votes to complete his second term and get rid of our "old" system and show us how a President should run this country.

I'm going to have to agree that this action has the underlying purpose of "buying" welfare votes. It is a very distasteful use of the executive order.

• Like 1

With just 90 days until the election, let's look at the picture painted for both candidates.

Obama gave every American, and documented illegals, the right to free health care.

Obama inherited a bad economy "created" by Bush.

Obama saved this country from a catastrophic depression.

Obama Ended the war in Iraq and is ending the war in Afghanistan.

Obama killed Bin Laden.

Obama gave "illegals" the right to apply for work permits.

Obama took away the work requirement for welfare.

Obama claimed support for same sex marriages.

Obama can run this country without congress passing a budget for his entire term, a first for any President.

Obama will change this country with just executive orders. Even if an executive order is challenged, it will take years for the courts to decide.

RomneyHood wants to tax the poor and give breaks to the rich.

RomneyHood wants to abolish Obama care.

RomneyHood wants to take us back to greedy capitalism.

RomneyHood wants to reinstate the "work requirement" in welfare.

RomneyHood lied on his SEC reports and should be in jail.

RomneyHood lied about paying taxes for the past 10 years.

RomneyHood lied about hiding taxable income in overseas banks.

RomneyHood lied about his time at Bain.

RomneyHood helped kill the wife of a former, laid off, worker of a steel mill that went out of business and lined Romney's pockets with millions of dollars as a consulting fee.

How can Obama lose?