Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Sleep Paralysis Case

Shtriga

Hello,my name is Sofia,and I wanted to share my experience with somebody with the same problem,because I know nobody with the famous 'sleep paralysis'.

Actually it happens to bunch of people in the world,and it also happens to me,but it hasn't 'waked' me for like 6 months maybe.

So,I was in a house at the seaside with my friends,and we decided to prank our neighbours that were laughing too loud,by calling a demon named Astaroth.So we were reading something from a paper,and we had Astaroth's sigil,and after we finished,our loud-laughing friends went back to their rooms which was our goal actually.

Then soon after that, we went all to bed.And then I experienced really strange case of sleep paralysis.You know when it wakes you and you open your eyes and you're like halucinating.I saw like some ghosts dancing all over the room and some black cat.I was awake,and also my brain, I mean I was conscious and I could see my friends on the other bed sleeping,and then something (you know...) started to push me down,and I thought it was Astaroth,I consciously thought it was him,and my heart was beating so rapidly and started to hurt a lot like neveer in my life! After that pushing stopped,I jumped off my bed and ran out of the hotel because I was sure Astaroth came there to kill me..after that I needed hours to calm down..It was the scariest Sleep Paralysis ever experienced.

Greetings for all people with the similar problems!

What causes demons be summoned?

i know very little on this subject, is it as easy as that?

thanks.

I find it strange demons prefer to harass stupid kids who simply utter their name, while authors who use demon names in movies and books are left alone.

• Like 1

What causes demons be summoned?

i know very little on this subject, is it as easy as that?

thanks.

well no,it's not as easy as that because we were trying to freak out our neighbors,and we don't know actually anything about it,I mean I know something because of supernatural TV show,but imagine how little that is haha.anyway,im sure somehow that this time it wasn't about the

Sleep Paralysis whether my psychiatrist tells me that it was only about that.

I find it strange demons prefer to harass stupid kids who simply utter their name, while authors who use demon names in movies and books are left alone.

how do you know they are left alone exactly?

Well, to be clear - you are capable of posting - so you DID NOT summon a demon,,,

Next, the supernatural show, while entertaining is definitely not a guidebook by any means. It's written like some Game Master's fantasy run wild.

Lastly, unless you were seeking the answers to your algebra exam Astaroth would probably not be the ideal summon - I mean sure treasure and fortune would be great, but what's the point. If you really want to scare your neighbors next time - try something a bit more rational.

As for why you were hallucinating, did you burn anything during the "summoning", and you've also said you have experienced sleep paralysis before - it is possible that this was a simple case of the imagination running wild with your already inspired actions of the evening.

edit: emphasis on the wrong word....

Edited by Mark is Back
  • Like 1

Lot of thread about this going about. Keep in mind though that it's merely your mind playing tricks on you. Astoroth is a character in a computer game by the way. ;)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230013

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=228116

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=226925

Well, to be clear - you are capable of posting - so you DID NOT summon a demon,,,

Next, the supernatural show, while entertaining is definitely not a guidebook by any means. It's written like some Game Master's fantasy run wild.

Lastly, unless you were seeking the answers to your algebra exam Astaroth would probably not be the ideal summon - I mean sure treasure and fortune would be great, but what's the point. If you really want to scare your neighbors next time - try something a bit more rational.

As for why you were hallucinating, did you burn anything during the "summoning", and you've also said you have experienced sleep paralysis before - it is possible that this was a simple case of the imagination running wild with your already inspired actions of the evening.

edit: emphasis on the wrong word....

Go on,ruin a party

• Like 1

Astoroth is an awesome character - - - Astaroth however, is not. Astaroth is a demon mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and then converted to fit a role in the Latin/Greek bibles later. He was a key figure as a "crowned prince of hell" and even became an occult icon. There is a lot of lore on the subject, up to and including the seal/sigil and his distinct grantable "gifts" - Knowledge of Liberal and Mathematical Sciences, handicrafts, and can make men invisible leading them to hidden treasures. It is also said that he answers every question asked of him.

Some would attempt to summon him for knowledge or answers, or wealth and gain. Some supposedly have - gained fame, and have lost it since and are suffering the consequences now. How true any of this is I have no idea, I just know that the pretense is there.

Go on,ruin a party

Sorry - kind of my job 'round here...

• Like 1

Lot of thread about this going about. Keep in mind though that it's merely your mind playing tricks on you. Astoroth is a character in a computer game by the way. ;)

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=230013

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=228116

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=226925

I'm sure that In first case 72 hours of not sleeping played main role in experiencing Sleep Paralysis and not the movie Insidious.

Anyway,if Sleep Paralysis is only about dreams and things,then why do I,while hallucinating,not ever see someone or something I think about?for example Justin Bieber naked or something..but noo,things that we all see are always some demons and evil women and black cats and rats....

P.S. a computer game..Final Fantasy?:)

I'm sure that In first case 72 hours of not sleeping played main role in experiencing Sleep Paralysis and not the movie Insidious.

Anyway,if Sleep Paralysis is only about dreams and things,then why do I,while hallucinating,not ever see someone or something I think about?for example Justin Bieber naked or something..but noo,things that we all see are always some demons and evil women and black cats and rats....

P.S. a computer game..Final Fantasy? :)

Hehe no Soul Caliber:

http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Astaroth

Astoroth is an awesome character - - - Astaroth however, is not. Astaroth is a demon mentioned in the Hebrew Bible and then converted to fit a role in the Latin/Greek bibles later. He was a key figure as a "crowned prince of hell" and even became an occult icon. There is a lot of lore on the subject, up to and including the seal/sigil and his distinct grantable "gifts" - Knowledge of Liberal and Mathematical Sciences, handicrafts, and can make men invisible leading them to hidden treasures. It is also said that he answers every question asked of him.

Some would attempt to summon him for knowledge or answers, or wealth and gain. Some supposedly have - gained fame, and have lost it since and are suffering the consequences now. How true any of this is I have no idea, I just know that the pretense is there.

Yeah I see

I have sleep paralysis nightmares all the time, the content of the dream is usually pretty centered around what I've experienced during the day. My wife usually gets the worst of it as I usually start screaming a weird guttural noise until I fully wake up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have sleep paralysis nightmares all the time, the content of the dream is usually pretty centered around what I've experienced during the day. My wife usually gets the worst of it as I usually start screaming a weird guttural noise until I fully wake up.

wow you can scream a noise during sleep paralysis???that's pretty cool!the only thing I can do is breathing and moving eyes only!

wow you can scream a noise during sleep paralysis???that's pretty cool!the only thing I can do is breathing and moving eyes only!

Yeah, it takes a considerable amount of effort and results in my waking fully, it's a creepy thing to hear. I'd get the missus to record it but she doesn't find it as interesting as I do

how do you know they are left alone exactly?

Because it's in some cases it is a theme found in their other works.

SLEEP PARALYSIS.

I have suffered from this for a number os years and was recently in The Daily Mail about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2181274/Waking-nightmares-Heart-pounding-Frozen-fear-Unable-scream-The-little-known-condition-millions-suffering-from.html

I have a website called WWW.EEARLE.COM and it it debutting my book, Tartarus, which was sinpired by this condition. There is also a help page on how to combat and deal with sleep paralysis. I welcome you all to read it. Sleep paralysis seems to still be a taboo subject in today's society and shouldn't be. The more awareness on it, the more chance people have in talking about it and combating it.

Tartarus is available to buy online at Waterstones, Amazon and is even now available on kindle.

I agree i can't do anything the first time it happened to me i panicked now i'm used to it i just concentrate on moving one of my toes lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I've experienced it and the first time I had no idea what it was. I was exhausted and trying to sleep after having spoken to my new boyfriend over the phone. I was staying at my parents house and it was near Christmas. I had only just turned 18 and was embarrassed that my BF had called and also thought he as a bit of a weirdo (he was, I only dated him for about a month, he was a total loser).

Anyway... for my sleep paralysis it was him (my BF) holding me down and it felt like he was trying to smother me (i felt like I coudn't breathe). It felt very real and when I woke up my heart was racing and I felt so creeped out. So for me it was a combination of exhaustion, anxiety and broken sleep pattern that brought it on. Now many years on I know what it was and have read similar stories etc. I wonder if I had been religious or believed in witches/hags etc then I would have 'seen' them instead? As it was, my 'bogey man' was my weirdo BF.

Also I've found it has happened when I've been laying flat on my back, but never on my side or tummy so maybe a breathing thing going on too? Esp since the first time I felt I coudn't breathe. I don't snore as far as I'm aware (did when pregnant apparently!).

I hope you all sleep well tonight :yes: