Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astral projection help

Kevin28

I see. Thanks for the reply's. I have a mirror in my room and often wondered if it kept me from projecting. But I rather think I lack the concentration it requires.

Hi again, i think i got to the vibration stage. Is it when your body feels all fuzzy? I tried laying for about 50mins asking for help and all. I listened to my favorite Linkin park song Krwling. So when you float up do you still here the music?

Edited by kevink

Kevin, I am in the same position as you, I felt a small buzz through my body, no loud noises. I pulled my head away from the rest about 3/4 inches and I could still feel my head touching the rest..

May I ask, when you invite the spirit guides to help you in your efforts do you truly believe in the help you will receive? I didn't, though defiantly do now. Try truly believing that you will be assisted. Cause after all belief goes a long way. :)

I almost got it :) so this morning I was vary tired wanted to go back to sleep, but then I started to see out of my 3ed eye I think! I felt as though half of my body was out and I could see some stuff but in black in white. And i could not here anything. But then I went into a dream..

Now you know which part of you to focus on, the third eye. The third eye is where your astral eyes open. Did you write the dream down ? high chance it would be an astral one if you had started to project prior.

Write down the dream I went into or the black and white one?

Edited by kevink

Well both. Start a dream journal and record any dreams or projections you have. It helps develop your recall and improve it greatly.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

So how come I could not here anything? And the astral eye only sees in black and white right?

Because the third eye does not work like your physical senses. Everything is perception or based on perception of the energy and reality around you. And your level of perception is based on your level of awareness, and your level of awareness is based on your experiences and intention to cultivate and connect these things.

Why you couldn't hear anything is not anything to be concerned about. I don't hear in my visions and projections, and in a proper astral dream/state all communication is via perception, telepathic means.

As for why you saw in black and white - that is unique to you, as it is to everyone. It will improve with experience, and as your perceptions and awareness increase so will how well you can perceive (visually see) ...For me in the beginning my sight was always quite blurry and grainy, like their was a layer of something over my eyes, it felt like looking through a window with water on it or watching something in old film. Now i haven't heard of anyone else experiencing that, but it just shows how unique we experience things when it's through our perceptions / third eye. Nowadays I see as clearly through my third eye as I can with my own physical eyes and a whole lot more. You can manipulate perspective in a way you can't with your physical eyes, example, pull and zoom in an image to particle level..., push and zoom out an image to see it's whole context or dissect energy through its layers - healing for example.

Oh this is one thing I forgot to tell you. For me it was like seeing out of a telescope and the part of the sofa I saw was white lines. Is it because it's hard to see around your body?

Oh this is one thing I forgot to tell you. For me it was like seeing out of a telescope and the part of the sofa I saw was white lines. Is it because it's hard to see around your body?

Hi Kevin.. It's just as blue described. It's because you are still working on your perceptions. The third eye is not an eye. Try to have a go with the flow attitude when you are altered.

So its like a state before you do it?

It was like seeing some stuff "outlined" in white lines.. And all i could say in my mind was "what..what..what is this??" But i kinda knew what is was at the same time.. And i felt as though i was trying to get up with my arms like i was laying on my stomach but my arms were vary weak and tired, and i could not fell my other half. I could not here anything noises too. "If there where any at that time". And then i went into a dream I don't remember much of the first one but i woke up and went back to sleep and had a different one. What woke me up after that was a swarm of bats hitting me, i could really feel the vibrations of the hit!

PS: This was in the morning.

Sorry if there are a lot of and 's.

I approach OOBEs in a different manner to bLu3 de 3n3rgy or rather I have a different thing for you to try.

But first, purely based upon this comment...

"I can get to the sleep paralysis state but i don't know what to do after that. I stay in that state for a about 45 minutes or more then i feel like i have to move."

... I don't think you are experiencing Sleep Paralysis.

If you were experiencing SP it would come in cyclic waves... most of the time starting off gentle then working to a crescendo of sensations including buzzing, vibrations, being pressed down or the feeling of a force pushing you down and sometimes the feeling of a presence. This repeats in a time cycle (and not exactly because of time disorientation) of every 10 to 20 seconds, each time resetting... this sometimes gives rise to many people thinking it has stopped... they move and realise they are Out of Body or move and find it building up again. Each cycle seemingly gets more aggressive, culminating in very uncomfortable and violent crescendos. SP is fleeting at best... and most of the time the battle is to stay there.

Also... you don't have SP then wait for it to stop then separate. You separate during.

If you are experiencing SP for 45 minutes you should be a master by now. :)

I feel numb all over and sometime fuzzy, but i also feel like i can move when i want to but it feels heavy. And i spend 45mins trying to it. Also sometime i can here like something is walking around me at night so i cant really focus for a long time and the music starts annoying me so i turn it off.

Right... you aren't getting SP Kevink. The state you are in is a sort of mis managed meditative state... if there is such a thing.

You are reaching a nice relaxed state but you are focusing for three quarters of an hour upon awaiting 'something' to happen. bLu3 de 3n3rgy is using the third eye approach. This method is also popularly called Phasing. It's almost a state of noticing without noticing. You clear your mind and focus on picking up any visual shifting within your closed eyes field of vision. At first you will get blooms of colours or/and white patterns that repeat themselves as they shift across the blackness. These are called phosphenes. Once these subside there may be a shift in visual spacial awareness like it is a 3D space, then pictures might form.. fleetingly or prolonged static scenes. Sometimes the sensation is as if you were looking through your closed eyelids. Half the battle is not giving in to astonishment and to instead be almost passive; noticing without noticing. This requires practice. After some time you can learn to control the image and figuratively 'step inside' the scene.

Sleep Paralysis is the direct root. Only if experienced once, it is enough to trigger more through the associative memory of how it feels. It is very unique and you won't have to lay there for 45 minutes. If you are. Sleep Paralysis probably won't be happening that night/morning.

So... if you want to trigger SP then read this...

http://www.unexplain...pic=183616&st=0

I wrote this a while ago and can be simplified.

Basically... you need to have had a short sleep (nap) before you induce Sleep Paralysis... and try to do it at night right before you go to bed proper.

I say this because if you fail the nighttime SP you can still catch a morning one. Not attempting before you have a nights sleep is just a wasted opportunity.

To do this you need to be adequately tired enough to NEED a nap. It's no good trying to have a nap... you actually need to be genuinely sleepy. This might mean that you have to adjust your sleeping habits.

Do you work? Go to school?

Edited by Bedeekin

Right... you aren't getting SP Kevink. The state you are in is a sort of mis managed meditative state... if there is such a thing.

You are reaching a nice relaxed state but you are focusing for three quarters of an hour upon awaiting 'something' to happen. bLu3 de 3n3rgy is using the third eye approach. This method is also popularly called Phasing. It's almost a state of noticing without noticing. You clear your mind and focus on picking up any visual shifting within your closed eyes field of vision. At first you will get blooms of colours or/and white patterns that repeat themselves as they shift across the blackness. These are called phosphenes. Once these subside there may be a shift in visual spacial awareness like it is a 3D space, then pictures might form.. fleetingly or prolonged static scenes. Sometimes the sensation is as if you were looking through your closed eyelids. Half the battle is not giving in to astonishment and to instead be almost passive; noticing without noticing. This requires practice. After some time you can learn to control the image and figuratively 'step inside' the scene.

Sleep Paralysis is the direct root. Only if experienced once, it is enough to trigger more through the associative memory of how it feels. It is very unique and you won't have to lay there for 45 minutes. If you are. Sleep Paralysis probably won't be happening that night/morning.

So... if you want to trigger SP then read this...

http://www.unexplain...pic=183616&st=0

I wrote this a while ago and can be simplified.

Basically... you need to have had a short sleep (nap) before you induce Sleep Paralysis... and try to do it at night right before you go to bed proper.

I say this because if you fail the nighttime SP you can still catch a morning one. Not attempting before you have a nights sleep is just a wasted opportunity.

To do this you need to be adequately tired enough to NEED a nap. It's no good trying to have a nap... you actually need to be genuinely sleepy. This might mean that you have to adjust your sleeping habits.

Do you work? Go to school?

Wow!!! Some good stuff here.

Bedeekin.... Phosphenes, are they the same as nural discharge? The blue/purple blooms of light?

Edited by Seeker79

Just want to highlight here that the 'phasing' method which correctly said, is my primary method, is also the method that remote viewers use. It's using the third eye/pineal glad to directly project and perceive with in live time under full conscious control. But it also goes beyond what you described there, it is a way to directly project from if that is what one wants to learn to accomplish, and involves a whole lot more than just static images. You say that SP is the only direct way to project but it is wrong to say that because it's not. Using SP to project from is just a short cut.

For a start all forms of projection uses and works through the third eye/pineal glad as that is what you need to connect with, to perceive and interpret the astral levels. The difference between inducing the SP state or 'phasing' is that with phasing you can do it at anytime, anywhere. Through phasing you can have a certain amount of your awareness projected to other levels, the astral level, higher consciousness while being fully conscious and up and about. It's true some people may just experience just seeing static image this way, but that sounds more like meditation... It is possible to experience the vibrations (I do with the spinning sensation) and feel your energy body activate and expand out as you project your consciousness to where you want to perceive. I still experience the sensory perceptions of the energetic shifts and experience the feedback to my physical body of the higher energies/vibrations I am making contact with. Imagination for instance in the form of forced visualisations and day dreaming does not invoke this.

I can also be sitting comfortably or laying down for a period of time with and using the phasing method to begin things, end up drfiting off into a conscious astral dream, where i maintain the conscious awareness of knowing I am projected but at the same time fully immersed into it like a dream. But there is no SP involved whatsoever, its a deeply relaxed state. It often happens to me within the first 10 - 15 mins of hitting the pillow (which i find one of the best times) where i close my eyes and immediately start spinning, can feel the pull on my third eye/crown, sometimes I may be perceiving my room through my closed eyes as if they are open, other times within seconds I start perceiving somewhere else, and before i know it, I am fully immersed into a reality, interacting or being interacted with. Sometimes I experience talking to my guides in this phase in a place that is beyond this world, or with something I need to be aware of. The marked difference is the level of clarity and vantage point, it shifts too, it is so extreme that it's beyond what we can experience in our woken state, you just have to experience it to know it. When these projections happen this way I also tend to get the sensation of being thrown back in my body at the end and they rarely last beyond 1 hr. But very rarely i have been able to shift in and out of this state keeping it going for entire night around 6 hrs...

Now I've described a number of various levels and depths of projection. The main clue to what you experiencing on reflection afterwards is with the level of clarity experienced. The closer to your own everyday level of clarity you feel in the projection, the less immersed you were. This imo has little to do with what method one uses. The level of immersion and clarity you experience or can get to is controlled or influenced by other factors than just method. However in saying that, anytime i have projected from a state of SP i have found for myself (can't speak for anyone else) that it's always to a low energy vibration level, i find it energtically uncomfortable and too slow that it takes every ounce of energy to move. It's really distorting perception wise, not much level of clarity on the lower levels and a lot of BS to sift through. Now to make this clear, this is what I experience when a sleep paralysis state has been forced on me, eg, no intention on my part to project, I was just was sleeping, and happened to try and wake up and found i couldn't move. So bang I am into a paralysed state without intending it. Just wanted to make that clear, that my experience with projecting from a SP state is when the SP state is forced on me. Not the other around like Bedeekin is talking about.

Anyway all I was trying to put across is that you can learn whatever method is right for you, and once your psyche knows what it is your wanting to do and has had the experience, the gateway is open so to speak, your projections from there on out will vary all the time in depth and level of clarity and immersion.

Thanks for the great info guys! So sometimes when i know I'm in a dream I go into another one? I only remember this once happening to me. I think i knew i was in a dream cause I've had the same one before. But can't seem to wake up in my dreams? is there music that could help with that? And should i try the 4am thing?

I use both methods.. phasing and also full awareness OOBE from SP. So have the benefit of being able to offset them against each other.

Phasing is like playing a virtual reality computer game... you know you are lying on your bed and can feel the experience of the nonphysical... like a dream.. you are there but you also get wrapped up in a narrative. I love it and it's quite fun.

OOBEs from SP are BEING in the computer game... there is no narrative and everything is totally real... tactility is amazing.

Phasing is much more gentle however so is probably better for beginners whereas SP entry is more serious and can frighten the beginner.

Using a dream as a springboard into a LD/AP/OOBE whatever you want to call it, is again another hit and miss way to do it and requires a whole other set of exercises. Dream recall... keeping a dream diary... creating reality checks and learning to trigger your awareness within the dream using them... learning to not wake up because of the amazing feeling... there are many resources online for Lucid Dreaming.

Edited by Bedeekin

Both forms of projection are totally real. Again like i said before, the degree to which you experience level of clarity and immersion per projection, is not dependant on method alone.

It is also possible to have a fully immersed projection from a non SP state too. Phasing is a less traumatic form of projecting because the SP state involves the raw primitive reptilian ego bottom of the rung, level of consciousness and thus a lower vibrational level to exit into. If you don't have the experience of the lower levels or understanding of this tier of consciousness the BS can easily overwhelm a being or frighten them. In my experience you can go further with phasing and focusing on developing the third eye/pineal than focusing all effort on inducing SP states. Whatever method a person chose they are not going to get far unless they spend sometime on the third eye/pineal gland phasing aspect. Not everyone is able to interchange and offset methods at beginner level.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy