Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Preacher says NO to Thug Checkpoint

Charlie Prime

By this reasoning, it's okay to beat your wife because your neighbor beats his wife more than you.

Brilliant.

No. Just pointing out how actual "ploice state thugs" work. Just asking a question is not, generally, considered thuggish behavior.

Thinks, compared to some I am fairly brilliant.

• Like 1

Wow. No wonder the United States has more people in prison than any other country. Americans like you love Big Daddy government.

Don't worry. Your dream of a total police state will be realized soon.

Chaz P,

I think the idea of having a checkpoint spitting distance from the border is a pretty decent idea. Even before I was brainwashed I felt this way.

You labeled the police thugs but the video did not show thuggish behavior.

You made the illogical jump to Bama (RTR) thinking it is ok to beak on wives and kids.

I don't even know how you have me filling up the prisons or how you can see my dreams.

You bypass any real discussion and jump to name calling, trying (and failing) to support your point of view with logical fallacies.

You gave an opinion and were cool with those that agreed, but pounced on those that didn’t. Kinda sounds similar to how you define the “Big Daddy” government.

Deuces!

• Like 1

Chaz P,

I think the idea of having a checkpoint spitting distance from the border is a pretty decent idea. Even before I was brainwashed I felt this way.

You labeled the police thugs but the video did not show thuggish behavior.

You made the illogical jump to Bama (RTR) thinking it is ok to beak on wives and kids.

I don't even know how you have me filling up the prisons or how you can see my dreams.

You bypass any real discussion and jump to name calling, trying (and failing) to support your point of view with logical fallacies.

You gave an opinion and were cool with those that agreed, but pounced on those that didn’t. Kinda sounds similar to how you define the “Big Daddy” government.

Deuces!

dizug, are you BAMA fan?

• Like 1

dizug, are you BAMA fan?

My friend's daughter just received a academic/athletic scholarship to Bama, so I've been inundated with Roll Tide, Roll! 24/7 for the last couple months.

• Like 1

That is because you are a Statist, which I understand because I was one for thirty-five years. I'm a free market anarcho-capitalist. We believe governments are inherently immoral.

> You labeled the police thugs but the video did not show thuggish behavior.

That is why the video was remarkable. When the preacher asserted his freedom, the thugs did not beat him as one would expect.

> You made the illogical jump to Bama (RTR) thinking it is ok to beak on wives and kids.

I used an analogy to point out his "Not As Bad As" Moral Equivalence Fallacy. You know this.

> You gave an opinion and were cool with those that agreed, but pounced on those that didn’t. Kinda sounds similar to how you define the “Big Daddy” government.

Not similar at all. I don't use force. When someone disagrees with me, I try to sway them to my way of thinking via dialog, exposition, discourse, rhetoric, and discussion. Your Big Daddy Government on the other hand simply uses violence to force compliance. I do not.

Edited by Charlie Prime

Good post Charlie, very good.

But I must agree that IN THIS CASE, using the word 'thug' to describe the Border Patrol guys is not accurate.

Simply put, the citizen asserted his rights in a most courteous way, and the agents recognized and honored his assertion of rights.

• Like 1

Holy cow, you were right! I checked. The Supreme Court recently ruled the 4th Amendment no longer applies.

I apologize. I was going by how things were thirty years ago.

This is what I get for not following The News. I'm unaware when government makes the cage smaller.

You don't mind because you are accustomed to being treated like livestock and ordered around by low-level authorities. It seems normal and proper to you, but I grew up with a lot more freedom. I'm spoiled because of that.

You're also an arrogant, overbearing a** who can't be satisfied with preaching your worldview under a single alias. Do you think a sock puppet will make your drivel more appealing?

Let go of the hate. Free yourself from bitterness. It's not too late to save yourself. :w00t::clap:

OMG, our resident torture advocate and mean-spirited Statist tells another to 'let go of the hate'. Pot, meet kettle. :whistle:

Everybody be nice please. Let's not let the tread dissolve into the snip and snap game.

The officers in the OP video weren't being thugs, and the pastor kept a cool head too. I skimmed through a couple other of the pastors videos and from the one's I've seen, that's usually the case.

I always find videos like this refreshing. More often than not someone is flaking out in videos- either the officer is being an overbearing jerk, or the person questioned is being a total unreasonable jackwad.

What did he get pulled over for?

He didn't get pulled over for doing something. He was going through border checkpoints in southern CA.

It's not the border, from what I have read here.

Shrug, I dunno then. The guy who made the OP video said he was traveling westbound in I-8, a road that runs quite close to, but not quite crossing the border. I-8 is noted to have border checkpoints. The man who made the video also called the stops checkpoints. The agents in the videos look like border agents.

But hey, I could be totally wrong too :)

Well, I have no idea. The last time I was in California was about 7 years ago, and I am really not familiar with the area. I just repeated what others have said. Not so smart after all. :)

OMG, our resident torture advocate and mean-spirited Statist tells another to 'let go of the hate'. Pot, meet kettle. :whistle:

That was actually sarcasm Babe, sort of a private joke you might say. Personally I believe that his hate, as well as your's, is no one else's business. Labeling me because I disagree with your life view is silly. Holding Bradleykins in a cell doesn't really amount to torture. He's a man and a soldier who made a stupid decision and now he's crying to the world to save him from uncle sam.

My apologies Rashore, I shall say no more. :tu:

Edited by and then

Looked like an RBT (Random Breathe Test) to me.

Or at least, that's what we'd call them here. Sometimes, if there's some big 'do' on in the city that people will have been drinking at, you can get stopped three or four times if your route home takes you on four different major roads. Happened to me, my route home went from Queen Street (stopped) to Kelvin Grove Road (stopped) to the Bruce Highway (stopped) to the main drag in Caboolture (stopped). Four stops in about an hour. Probably spent longer being tested then I did at red lights!

Or at least, that's what we'd call them here. Sometimes, if there's some big 'do' on in the city that people will have been drinking at, you can get stopped three or four times if your route home takes you on four different major roads. Happened to me, my route home went from Queen Street (stopped) to Kelvin Grove Road (stopped) to the Bruce Highway (stopped) to the main drag in Caboolture (stopped). Four stops in about an hour. Probably spent longer being tested then I did at red lights!

They sometimes call them "roadblocks" here. I used to be disgusted by them until I saw the result of a few DUI crashes. They're just a necessary evil.

If he got pulled over at either a mobile DUI checkpoint or a dedicated checkpoint then he should have just shown his I.D. It's not a right to own a vehicle, it's privilege that comes with being responsible enough to show you can legally drive(an I.D.). If he was near the border and he refused to show an I.D., it's a logical that the cops question his citizenship status.

If he was just randomly pulled over for no reason(not speeding or swerving or anything), then I agree with him not showing his I.D.

There is no right to own a vehicle?

What about a horse? Does one have a right to own a horse? Or a house?

That reminded of this video.

[media=]

[/media]

But I must agree that IN THIS CASE, using the word 'thug' to describe the Border Patrol guys is not accurate.

I have to agree in this case the Border Patrol were not behaving as thuggishly.

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona today. I went through a Border Patrol checkpoint in New Mexico last Sunday. I rolled down my window and pulled up. The little girl running the checkpoint didn't even ask me any questions. She waved me through.

I admit, I thought to myself "Hmmm. That wasn't very thuggish". ;) Then I saw the SIX men in uniform lounging on the picnic table behind the building smoking cigarettes. I thought "Typical government workers. One working, six on break".

I'm going to visit a friend in Los Angeles tomorrow. I hope they don't give me any crap at the State checkpoint there.

I will probably roll through that federal Border Patrol checkpoint in New Mexico again around midnight Saturday night when the young new kids are working it. They tend to be more aggresive.

• Like 1

The U.S. Border Patrol asserts that they have the authority to stop people without cause within 200 miles of a border.

This contradicts the long-held tradition in the U.S. against Soviet police state style "show your papers" checkpoints. Some people in America believe people should be free to travel around unmolested, without government permission. Most people in America believe they need the government's permission to travel from one place to another.

The experiment with the American Republic has failed, as Franklin suggested.

• Like 1

The U.S. Border Patrol asserts that they have the authority to stop people without cause within 200 miles of a border.

This contradicts the long-held tradition in the U.S. against Soviet police state style "show your papers" checkpoints. Some people in America believe people should be free to travel around unmolested, without government permission. Most people in America believe they need the government's permission to travel from one place to another.

Say what? Where on earth do you get your information? Spent a lot of time in the US have you? What a joke.