Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roswell Crash Debris Analysis

archernyc

Newly discovered documents reveal that in the months immediately following the purported 1947 UFO crash at Roswell, secret government studies began on a material that was previously unknown to science. The "memory metal" that was studied precisely matches some of the debris material reported by several witnesses to the crash. Evidence shows that -under military direction- these unique metal studies were undertaken by a contracted laboratory that possessed advanced technical capabilities that the U.S. government itself did not have at the time. A former high-level scientist employed by the involved laboratory has offered a confession that he was tasked to study the crashed UFO material. Information provided by two U.S. Air Force Generals also offers direct support for this discovery.

The documents suggest that after the crash, the US government attempted to develop a unique material that is today referred to as memory metal. This shape-recovery alloy was reported by several witnesses to the Roswell crash in the summer of 1947. The lightweight "morphing" material was able to be crumpled or deformed and then return itself instantly and seamlessly to its original state. The metallurgical discoveries that resulted from these studies were then "seeded" for further technology development to other government agencies (including NASA) and through a series of military contracts to universities and industry.

The laboratory contracted by Wright Patterson Air Force Base to perform these studies was Battelle Memorial Institute in Columbus, OH. It has been credibly reported that Wright Patterson Air Force Base was the very base where the Roswell UFO debris was flown after the crash.

Recently obtained documents reveal that these studies for Wright Patterson were conducted at Battelle under the direction of Dr. Howard C. Cross. In the late 1940's, H.C Cross was Battelle's expert scientist in exotic metallurgy and Titanium alloy research.

Read more here:

http://www.theufochronicles.com/2012/07/roswell-battelle-scientist-confesses-to.html

Edited by archernyc

See how this plays out, cool though be good to have a memory rubix cube last one iddnt fare so well.

Memory metal was being developed long before the Roswell.

The first reported steps towards the discovery of the shape memory effect were taken back in the 1930s. A. Ölander discovered the pseudoelastic behavior of the Au-Cd alloy in 1932. Greninger & Mooradian (1938) observed the formation and disappearance of a martensitic phase by decreasing and increasing the temperature of a Cu-Zn alloy. The basic phenomenon of the memory effect governed by the thermoelastic behavior of the martensite phase was widely reported a decade later by Kurdjumov & Khandros (1949) and also by Chang & Read (1951).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_metal#History

• Like 3

Memory metal was being developed long before the Roswell.

The first reported steps towards the discovery of the shape memory effect were taken back in the 1930s. A. Ölander discovered the pseudoelastic behavior of the Au-Cd alloy in 1932. Greninger & Mooradian (1938) observed the formation and disappearance of a martensitic phase by decreasing and increasing the temperature of a Cu-Zn alloy. The basic phenomenon of the memory effect governed by the thermoelastic behavior of the martensite phase was widely reported a decade later by Kurdjumov & Khandros (1949) and also by Chang & Read (1951).

http://en.wikipedia....y_metal#History

Come on - don't you know we humans are just too stupid to do anything without the involvement of ALIENS?

BTW, why is this guy reposting a 3 year old blog entry?

Hi archernyc,

I think you find that this has been discussed extensively already. And the research into memory metals actually started in the late 1930's so way before Roswell. A couple of threads on the topic from a few years ago:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=160936&st=0

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=157853&st=855 (a bit messy)

A little blurp I wrote a few years back:

<snip>

I suggest you read the report by Frederick Wang, the co-inventor of Nitinol. You can find a PDF file here. It's 5.6MB and 107 pages (or so). You don't need to read it all, but just pieces here and there.

If you look at pp. 1, you will find the history of Nitinol or, rather, the Ti-Ni system.

1938: Wallbaum et. al. starts looking into the Ti-Ni system finding

• A primary solid solution of titanium in nickel exists with the solubility falling with decreasing temperature.
  • The primary solid solution of titanium in nickel forms a eutectic with a congruent melting intermediate phase, TiNi
  • A eutectic on the titanium-rich side of TiNi is bounded by titanium and nickel with slightly variable composition.

1941: Wallbaum3 extended his previous work into the titanium-rich end of the diagram and discovered Ti2Ni which forms a eutectic with a solid solution of nickel in Beta-titanium

And so on and so on it continues. On pp. 7 you will find that Wang describes the discoveries by Buehler and Wiley and subsequently Wang himself that leads to the trade-marking of Nitinol. The development of Nitinol shows a very linear and continuing line of research until the specific composition called Nitinol was trade-marked. Thus, there are no sudden leaps, no bumps, no sudden great inventions or anything like it. And the Ti-Ni system was not a crude by-product, but a very specific research effort as otherwise you don't write scientific papers about it. And it should be noted that what Buehler and Wiley were actually looking for were alloys resistant to heat for missile warhead cones.

But the fact remains that shape memory alloys themselves have been known since 1932 and that Nitinol has a very well documented history going back well before 1947. That it was trade-marked in 1962 with the name Nitinol has no bearing on it's research history. What matters is the careful analysis of the properties if Ti-Ni alloys and the development production facilities (i.e., getting the purity required) as described in the linked reported. That is the important part, namely the research and development history of the material. It didn't just pop up out of nowhere and it certainly wasn't looked at only after 1947 and Roswell.

<snip>

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

Come on - don't you know we humans are just too stupid to do anything without the involvement of ALIENS?

BTW, why is this guy reposting a 3 year old blog entry?

Dr. Cross and his infamous memorandum come up on UM every so often, mainly as an indication that there was a much larger or more highly classified UFO investigation going on than the public was ever aware of. In fact, I know that there was--more than one of them. Hynek even knew the code names for one of them, since it was his real employer: Project White Stork.

There were others that went on after Blue Book supposedly ended, such as Project Old New Moon, but no one has ever been able to get a single record from them. Nothing at all.

Edited by TheMacGuffin

Hi archernyc,

I think you find that this has been discussed extensively already. And the research into memory metals actually started in the late 1930's so way before Roswell. A couple of threads on the topic from a few years ago:

http://www.unexplain...pic=160936&st=0

http://www.unexplain...c=157853&st=855 (a bit messy)

Drat! That's what happens when I don't search the forum prior to posting! (before my time, I think) Thanks for your courteous reply.

I'll have to check out those threads as I found this article very interesting relative to the morphing properties of the Nitinol alloy; i.e., reports sometimes mention objects morphing from one shape to another. I suppose that we may see a few of these types of articles pop up due to the recent 65th anniversary.

As usual, it's someone that's pushing a book. Oh, well!

Edited by archernyc
  • Like 1

Drat! That's what happens when I don't search the forum prior to posting! (before my time, I think) Thanks for your courteous reply.

My pleasure. I remembered vividly as I was part of that discussion :)

I'll have to check out those threads as I found this article very interesting relative to the morphing properties of the Nitinol alloy; i.e., reports sometimes mention objects morphing from one shape to another. I suppose that we may see a few of these types of articles pop up due to the recent 65th anniversary.

It is actually a very interesting topic, albeit ET plays no part in it. And certainly no Roswell connection. But the history behind it, however mundane and uninteresting some will find it without ET in the equation, is a compelling one. Good, solid science - by man.

Read the threads if you find it interesting and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask :)

Yeah, unfortunately so.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Lets just say its all in the way one folds it and throws it into the round file cabnet ! :clap:

THis Roswell thing will never end ! WHo knows ? Its all may be just a pigment of our imagination !

Hey archernyc

It is an Anthony Bragalia story originally, the UFO chronicle site has just regurgitated his claim. Personally I find Anthony's claims to be a bit hard to reconcile in general.

I cannot stand that UFO Chronicles site, lary colours and it takes forever to load.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Hey archernyc

It is an Anthony Bragalia story originally, the UFO chronicle site has just regurgitated his claim. Personally I find Anthony's claims to be a bit hard to reconcile in general.

I cannot stand that UFO Chronicles site, lary colours and it takes forever to load.

Cheers.

Its because of the Government hacking ! and filters that we use to Dr. up the content in there ! As for the rank colors ! Thats for the puke factor ! I cant wait until E.T. actually lands and sets us all on our Beer`s !

THen we can get down to real Alien Party bussiness !

! :alien::clap::tsu:

Hi archernyc,

http://www.unexplain...pic=160936&st=0

http://www.unexplain...c=157853&st=855 (a bit messy)

A little blurp I wrote a few years back:

Cheers,

Badeskov

so what happened to this metal? they found no use for it after 30's :whistle:

What do you mean?

Cheers,

Badeskov

memory metal = nickel titanium, its nothing alien or from other worlds. the scientist probably exaggerated it to make it sound more exciting and get more fame. as was the roswell incident, probably exaggerated and not aliens

so what happened to this metal? they found no use for it after 30's :whistle:

I have to echo Badeskov here, nitinol is used extensively in medicine. And most importantly, underwires for bras.

From Wikipedia

In 1989 a survey was conducted in the United States and Canada that involved seven organizations. The survey focused on predicting the future technology, market, and applications of SMA's. The companies predicted the following uses of nitinol in a decreasing order of importance: (1) Couplings, (2) Biomedical and medical, (3) Toys, demonstration, novelty items, (4) Actuators, (5) Heat Engines, (6) Sensors, (7) Cryogenically activated die and bubble memory sockets, and finally (8) lifting devices.

• In colorectal surgery [1], the material is used in devices for reconnecting the intestine after removing the pathology.
  • In dentistry, the material is used in orthodontics for brackets and wires connecting the teeth. Suresmile is one example of an orthodontic application. Once the SMA is placed in the mouth its temperature rises to ambient body temperature. This causes the nitinol to contract back to its original shape applying a constant force to move the teeth. These SMA wires don't need to be retightened as often as they can contract as the teeth move unlike conventional stainless steel wires. Additionally, nitinol can be used in endodontics, where nitinol files are used to clean and shape the root canals during the root canalprocedure.
  • Due to the fact it can change shapes it is also used as a golf club insert.
  • Another significant application of nitinol in medicine is in stents: A collapsed stent can be inserted into a vein and heated (returning to its original expanded shape) helping to improve blood flow. Also, as a replacement for sutures where nitinol wire can be weaved through two structures then allowed to transform into its preformed shape which should hold the structures in place.
  • Nitinol is highly biocompatible and has properties suitable for use in orthopaedic implants.
  • Nitinol is also popular in extremely resilient glasses frames. It is also used in some mechanical watch springs.
  • It can be used as a temperature control system; as it changes shape, it can activate a switch or a variable resistor to control the temperature.
  • It is used in cell-phone technology as a retractable antenna, or microphone boom, due to its highly flexible & mechanical memory nature.
  • It is used in some novelty products, such as self-bending spoons which can be used by amateur and stage magicians to demonstrate "psychic" powers or as a practical joke, as the spoon will bend itself when used to stir tea, coffee, or any other warm liquid.
  • It can also be used as wires which are used to locate and mark breast tumours so that following surgery can be more exact.
  • Nickel titanium can be used to make the underwires for underwire bras.[18][19][20]
  • Demonstration model heat engines have been built which use nitinol wire to produce mechanical energy from hot and cold heat sources.[21]

Edited by psyche101

memory metal = nickel titanium, its nothing alien or from other worlds. the scientist probably exaggerated it to make it sound more exciting and get more fame. as was the roswell incident, probably exaggerated and not aliens

I think it might have just been a way to keep the story alive. Someone just did not do their homework on SMA's properly.

Just go buy your own memory metal at any good eye glass store ! ITs da Bomb !

You gotta start to give good old man a bit of the credit some times !

Afterall were not Ape`s well sorta Ape like I guess. Maybe thats why were still on this rock ?

justDONTEATUS :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS

I have to echo Badeskov here, nitinol is used extensively in medicine. And most importantly, underwires for bras.

LOL, I actually know the guy that invented the WonderBra (he's in my pilates class). I'll ask him if he uses it in his bras. :clap:

LOL, I actually know the guy that invented the WonderBra (he's in my pilates class). I'll ask him if he uses it in his bras. :clap:

He invented the Wonder Bra?

Could you please give him my deepest heartfelt thanks, and let him know that I think he has made the world a better place, he should get an award of some sort. If he comes to Australia, he will receive a royal treatment. He is a champion amongst men.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

• Like 2

He invented the Wonder Bra?

Could you please give him my deepest heartfelt thanks, and let him know that I think he has made the world a better place, he should get an award of some sort. If he comes to Australia, he will receive a royal treatment. He is a champion amongst men.

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

I agree Alien mammory metal ! Now were on to something ! WHeres that 10 of Ten Gal when you need her ?