Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 6
MaKaElectric

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

278 posts in this topic

It doesnt say anything for the state of my living conditions. Nor does it for the state of anyone I know. Though I would have less free meat in the ice box.

Yes it does, if you need a gun because you need to defend yourself that bad, it really does.

No one is going to invade us cause thier country would be ashes within one hour.

Nobody will invade you because China OWNS you. Nobody messes with someone like China.

I know but I am referring that the size of the country does not matter

It's not the size it's the location.

Yes it does, if you need a gun because you need to defend yourself that bad, it really does.

I defend my right to own a gun. I have never had to point a gun at anyone ever.

Nobody will invade you because China OWNS you. Nobody messes with someone like China.

Right. Im sure invading countries would be far more worried about our banking ties with China then the several hundred thousand nuclear war heads with full means to deliver them we posess. :rolleyes:

I know this is off topic but since preacherman had the courtesy to provide the link, I would like to respond

I took the time to read up on it as I had never heard of this. The man in question wrote a bigoted anti-gay letter to a newspaper in 2002 which resulted in a gay teenager being assaulted. He was charged with a violation of Alberta's Human Rights Act. He was convicted and fined in 2008 and that was overturned on appeal 2009-10.

His letter did not result in a assault on anyone. He would have had to call for violence for that to happen. He didnt even come close to doing that. This ruined him financialy as well.

There is no mention anywhere of him spending anytime in jail. I have to agree with Czero, this was a single incident and not a widespread problem like you are inferring.

Well said rashore....back on topic

~Dot

I heard a interview from him back when this happened. When he was arrested, he was put in a cell. So basicaly this man was put in a cell, bankrupt having to provide his own defense, for a thought crime where he simply expressed his biblical view on homosexuality. A view that did not include, or could even be construde as calling for violence.

Make no mistake, this would be the norm if it wasnt for public backlash. The laws are still in place. They may not be at the moment enforced. But you can be arrested in Canada for speaking out again homosexuality.

Posted (edited)

because speaking out against homosexuality is considered a hate crime. and that is why you can go to jail for it.

(some) christians need to learn to mind their own business where bed partners are concerned.

Edited by JGirl
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I heard a interview from him back when this happened. When he was arrested, he was put in a cell. So basicaly this man was put in a cell, bankrupt having to provide his own defense, for a thought crime where he simply expressed his biblical view on homosexuality. A view that did not include, or could even be construde as calling for violence.

Perhaps you can find and post a source that confirms he was actually "put in a cell" as you claim.

But I must tell you that I've been searching for a few hours now and have so far found nothing... no evidence whatsoever that supports that claim.

I've read through blogs and news articles from 2002 when his the letter was published, blogs and news articles from 2007 - 2010, some of which have included interviews with Boissoin where he says nothing about being "put in a cell", nothing about being "arrested", nothing about dealing with the police at all in any way.

Or you could just retract the whole "put in a cage / cell" part of your claim and admit that it was just there to sensationalize your position.

Make no mistake, this would be the norm if it wasnt for public backlash. The laws are still in place. They may not be at the moment enforced. But you can be arrested in Canada for speaking out again homosexuality.

There are many laws that are in place that are not enforced. Shall we start looking at some of the ones the US has?

The bottom line here is that you're taking one, singular incident that highlighted a breakdown of the Human Rights Commission of ONE PROVINCE, sensationalizing it by making up and adding the whole "put in a cage / cell" aspect, then purposely putting it out of context in order to make it seem like this is a systemic problem running rampant throughout all of Canada.

Are you sure you want to continue down this path you've started down....?

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
2 people like this

So seems a thread about a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion has been derailed by a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion.

Posted (edited)

So seems a thread about a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion has been derailed by a small issue that has been massively blown out of proportion.

That's what happens when you give fright wingers a keyboard. That and a long list of repetitive, fallacious arguments pushed through the paranoia-fueled conspiracy theory echo chambers financed by the ridiculously few people who actually benefit from who is in the White House.

Edited by Framling

I defend my right to own a gun. I have never had to point a gun at anyone ever.

Right. Im sure invading countries would be far more worried about our banking ties with China then the several hundred thousand nuclear war heads with full means to deliver them we posess. :rolleyes:

America "Hey China, can we afford (x)?"

Chine "No, keep paying us back or we'll take you over."

America "Kay

You government is under china for the moment, they get first picks on invading you if they choose.

Then why do you need a gun?

because speaking out against homosexuality is considered a hate crime. and that is why you can go to jail for it.

(some) christians need to learn to mind their own business where bed partners are concerned.

Isnt putting a man in a cage far worse then "speaking"? Dont answer, I dont want to know.

Perhaps you can find and post a source that confirms he was actually "put in a cell" as you claim.

But I must tell you that I've been searching for a few hours now and have so far found nothing... no evidence whatsoever that supports that claim.

I've read through blogs and news articles from 2002 when his the letter was published, blogs and news articles from 2007 - 2010, some of which have included interviews with Boissoin where he says nothing about being "put in a cell", nothing about being "arrested", nothing about dealing with the police at all in any way.

Or you could just retract the whole "put in a cage / cell" part of your claim and admit that it was just there to sensationalize your position.

I couldnt find the interview either. Its really old. I heard him say it though, if you dont want to believe me, thats fine. How it is you didnt find he was arrested is beyond me though. Ive found that in seconds.

There are many laws that are in place that are not enforced. Shall we start looking at some of the ones the US has?

The bottom line here is that you're taking one, singular incident that highlighted a breakdown of the Human Rights Commission of ONE PROVINCE, sensationalizing it by making up and adding the whole "put in a cage / cell" aspect, then purposely putting it out of context in order to make it seem like this is a systemic problem running rampant throughout all of Canada.

Are you sure you want to continue down this path you've started down....?

Cz

Certainly. Id lead the charge.

Posted (edited)

Isnt putting a man in a cage far worse then "speaking"? Dont answer, I dont want to know.

Is making someone feel ostrasized worse?

Is bullying someone and taking away their basic human rights worse?

Is hating someone based off your own irrational fear *snip* worse?

Your name says it all. *snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal attack

Posted (edited)

I couldnt find the interview either. Its really old. I heard him say it though, if you dont want to believe me, thats fine.

What you or I believe is fairly irrelevant.

What we can prove, however, is important. So far you haven't proven anything except a desire to sensationalize this issue for some reason.

How it is you didnt find he was arrested is beyond me though. Ive found that in seconds.

Then it should be really easy for you to post those links, shouldn't it...?

I've searched for "Boissoin arrested" and "Boissoin police" and found NOTHING that says he even spoke to the police about this.

I've searched for "Boissoin jail". "Boissoin jailed", "Boissoin imprisoned", "Boissoin prison", "Boissoin cage" and found nothing that even hints at him being "put in a cage" as you so over-dramatically have insisted happened. The closest result are discussions of whether he would face jail time if he did not comply with the restrictions placed upon him, however, since the judgment has been subsequently overturned, there's not much chance he'll be "thrown in a cage" any time soon.

Obviously you must be using some different search terms or some super-secret-squirrel search engine since you can find these links "in seconds" yet in the hours that I've been searching, I've found nothing whatsoever to add any credence to your assertion, so please, post the links you allege to have found so easily.

The longer you refuse to supply the proof that you insist is so easy to find, the more weight gets added to the conclusion that you are just making up facts to suit your position.

Certainly. Id lead the charge.

Its interesting and very telling how you are completely ignoring the fact that this is ONE isolated incident in ONE province of Canada that you have sensationalized in an attempt to make it seem like a widespread problem throughout all of Canada.

Your refusal to post any supporting links to your assertion that he was "arrested" and "put in a cage / cell" - despite your claims of how easy it was for you to find those links - adds further support to the conclusion that you are talking through your hind quarters about this issue.

Post your the evidence you "found in seconds", if you actually have any...

Cz

Edited by Czero 101
2 people like this

I own a gun and plan on buying another. I have it for a few reasons. I live out in the country. I have 7 acres of land with another 50 of woods on one side of my property. I have chickens. I shoot raccoons and ground hogs. I target shoot with my daughter. She uses her BB gun, I use my .22. i never got into hunting. I think my stomach is a little too queazy for cleaning an animal. I have my chickens for eggs and the experience for my daughters. They also eat alot of bugs. I am also well aware that if the power grids would go down in the USA for an extended amount of time, it could become a very scary situation. I may never need the gun for protection, but it's nice to have just in case. I also may never need the generator I have, but it's good to have shall the situation arrise. Guns are fine if you follow the safety rules.

2 people like this

In Canada, the gun laws must vary by province. I know an American who was sent to Nipawin, Sakatchewan to be the plant manager at a facility. In the 2 years he was there, he was able to take the tests and get the permits to own both a rifle and a hand gun.

Just think about how boring movies and TV would be without guns.

Just think about how boring movies and TV would be without guns.

If it meant that what happened in Colorado today couldn't have happened, I'd take boring every single time...

Cz

1 person likes this

If it meant that what happened in Colorado today couldn't have happened, I'd take boring every single time...

Cz

Can't argue with you there, nor would I want to.

Is making someone feel ostrasized worse?

Is bullying someone and taking away their basic human rights worse?

Is hating someone based off your own irrational fear *snip* worse?

Your name says it all. *snip*

Lets put you in a cage for a month, then you can answer your own questions.

Cz

If it wasnt a gun, it would have been pipe bombs. His gun ddnt make him do it.

Though I will say how horrible I feel for the victoms and thier families. My God, I couldnt imagine.

If it wasnt a gun, it would have been pipe bombs. His gun ddnt make him do it.

Nope, and I didn't say it did, either.

However, if it had been harder for him to get is hands on the AR-15, .40 cal Glock pistol(s) and the Remington 12-guage (and / or the ammo for those weapons) that were recovered at the scene[SOURCE], then maybe the 12 - 15 people (reports are still varying) he killed last night might still be alive this afternoon, and maybe he would have found some other way - hopefully non-violent - of dealing with whatever potential issues he was dealing with, although I do not disagree that some other weapon could have been used if guns were not as available.

Though I will say how horrible I feel for the victoms and thier families. My God, I couldnt imagine.

Agreed...

Now.... how about providing those links that show that Rev. Boissoin was "arrested" and "put in a cage / cell / jail"...?

Cz

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The main problem is the penalties for using a gun in a crime aren't stiff enough. The punishment for even having an illegal gun isn't strict enough either.

Someone gets out of jail within months after an armed robbery, where someone is shot but not killed, and one of the first things they do is get another gun. Unless there is a particularly heinous murder the killer will be back out on the streets within ten years to prey on someone else.

It's a vicious cycle. People used to be ashamed if they, or someone else in their family, went to jail. Now it is seen as a badge of honor by the scum of society.

Edited by Michelle

The main problem is the penalties for using a gun in a crime aren't stiff enough. The punishment for even having an illegal gun isn't strict enough either.

You can't legislate crazy. In respect to the law, they are stringent enough to keep to keep the law abiding people from taking "justice" or "vengence" into their own hands. This is the vast majority of the people.

An outlaw, by definition, does not follow the law. It does't matter how strict the law, they won't follow it.

The only people you affect with stricter gun laws are the responsible gun owners. The ones that could make a differance in crisis.

Someone gets out of jail within months after an armed robbery, where someone is shot but not killed, and one of the first things they do is get another gun. Unless there is a particularly heinous murder the killer will be back out on the streets within ten years to prey on someone else.

If what you say is true, then jail is a waste of time and money. Why bother?

It's a vicious cycle. People used to be ashamed if they, or someone else in their family, went to jail. Now it is seen as a badge of honor by the scum of society.

Depends on the circles you run in. But yeah, my family wasn't exactly proud of a few of our "bad apples". We didn't kick them to the curb either.

I own a gun and plan on buying another. I have it for a few reasons. I live out in the country. I have 7 acres of land with another 50 of woods on one side of my property. I have chickens. I shoot raccoons and ground hogs. I target shoot with my daughter. She uses her BB gun, I use my .22. i never got into hunting. I think my stomach is a little too queazy for cleaning an animal. I have my chickens for eggs and the experience for my daughters. They also eat alot of bugs. I am also well aware that if the power grids would go down in the USA for an extended amount of time, it could become a very scary situation. I may never need the gun for protection, but it's nice to have just in case. I also may never need the generator I have, but it's good to have shall the situation arrise. Guns are fine if you follow the safety rules.

Ah! Now, this is a situation where I approve of gun ownership. Farm area with genuine need (animal control).