Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

~Headbangers Lounge~

777MileStare

This might go smoothly if we can discuss our favorite metal bands that have true paranormal connections, maybe a little dark mystical influence.... maybe something else. I was hoping this won't get shut down since it's muscial influential discussion. But, if we sit for a while, be calm, turn on our favorite headbanging music without destroying a computer, things will turn out well. Death metal discussion is welcome.... as well as any Gothic types of music with metal influence. But the main thing is to keep it truly headbangin! If you headbang to it....talk about it. If it makes you sad, mad, happy, exhausted, energized, if it is an unexplained mystery how you found the music, talk about it. It does happen to be a lifestyle. My lifestyle. if this is getting shut down and I made a mistake sorry. I was just trying to make new friends, and find out who all the headbangers are in the UM. I'll take it directly to the music section and name a thousand bands that are my favorites.

So take out your brush, undo your hair, get a beer from the fridge, sit down, type out what you feel about headbangin'.

• Like 2

I'm definitely not into metal, but when we (me and my band) play a gig, I'm headbanging all the time. I don't know why I keep doing this. I just do :-).

I've got a feeling my spine won't be so excited... ;-)

• Like 1

I can think of no other way to start this off. Much better things than this to come, though, I'm sure.

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by _Only
  • Like 3

Sorry got a different impression of what kind of lounge this was from the title. Ill see myself out now... LOL

headbanging doesn't have to be just metal though...

• Like 1

I can relate, when I was younger I was very into heavy metal music. I change back and forth now with top 40 and rock. I can not relate to Country music or Rap although I'm sure I could sing along to a handful of each. I had big hair in the 80's and caked on the black eyeliner...Wow so glad I grew out of that look LOL!!! I remember head bangers ball on mtv and would make mixed tapes off of the radio :)

• Like 1

Hey IMN,

I'm glad you've started this thread. I see no reason why it should be shut down as long as the discussions are cordial and people respect other's preferences.

It may sound strange, but I feel music (and also animals, especially dogs) understands me more than another human being ever could (except maybe a psychiatrist). lol. My day starts with me turning on the music, even at work (or if I am in a bar or maybe just taking a walk) I have my headphones on, and I retire to bed listening to music. Mostly, it's more than just headbanging music for me. I love lyrics that can resonate with my emotions. I listen to almost any genre. My favorite band is Disturbed, which is NuMetal. I started listening to their music when I was in high school, but as of now I have come to love all of their songs. I like listening to Godsmack, Pantera, Black Label Society, Lamb of God, Satyricon, a few tracks from Poets of the Fall, also. Thankfully, my dad had an awesome taste. My older sister too. I grew up listening to GnR, Megadeth, Ozzy, Metallica, Maiden, and almost all of the classic rock bands. So that's about it from my end. Will share more on later (after observing how this conversation goes). Take care man.

• Like 3

where ever metal music goes knight follows :tu:

• Like 1

[media=]

[/media]

I finally saw the for the first time this summer. Great show! :w00t:

• Like 5

Watch the video from Sorrowseed from Boston, the song is called "Legless" it's so badass...and funny. Go to Youtube.

• Like 2

this will give ya a head bang black metal all the way :tu:

• Like 1

@FLOMBIE, I love Motorhead. Ace of Spades, Devil I know, Iron Fist, are some of my favorites.

@IMN, I watched the song 'Legless'. It was funny and kick-ass! While I was watching the video, it strangely felt as if Cradle of Filth and the Tenacious D (starring Jack Black) got together and had a baby, which translated into the band named Sorrowseed. :w00t:

@KoS, awesome music dude. I actually downloaded the mp3 to my computer after listening to the song.

I discovered this band named Shinedown while I was in a gentlemen's watering-hole (or a pub if you wanna put labels on it) maybe like a year back. I hear they banded only like 10 years ago, so they're relatively new. But I heard this song called 'Save Me', and it has awesome lyrics! Check it out and let me know what you think...

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

Heh.. I'm rather fond of the radio show, House of Hair. You hear all kinds of fun stuff. I still kind of miss Headbangers Ball.

• Like 1

Anyone hear of "Huntress">? theres a song they do called "Eight Of Swords"......now that is a really cool song...even cooler video.

• Like 1

Anyone hear of "Huntress">? theres a song they do called "Eight Of Swords"......now that is a really cool song...even cooler video.

pretty cool stuff am not into female vocalists much but it's nice music and video

I used to headbang all the time.... but this song kicks ass forever...

• Like 2

If an old broad can throw her two cents in: I love Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and (dare I say it), AC/DC.

• Like 4

If an old broad can throw her two cents in: I love Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and (dare I say it), AC/DC.

Thats great so do I!
  • Like 2

I like to think the "birth" of heavy metal was when Dave Davies slashed his speaker and played "You really got me" back in 65. But hey, I'm just a Mule.

• Like 3

I like to think the "birth" of heavy metal was when Dave Davies slashed his speaker and played "You really got me" back in 65. But hey, I'm just a Mule.

Well, that sounds about right... The original heavy metal bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Judas Priest, etc. were formed in 1968-69 or so. Pre-69 era was kinda ruled by the likes of Hendrix, The Beatles, Dave Davies and other classic rock bands. It was like a transition of genres from rock 'n roll to classic rock to heavy metal music, since the 1950's. My dad would have probably said that it was Hendrix who was like the father of heavy metal. But I like to think that they all were progenitors of the same genre, all of them, since the bands that came on later were probably influenced by more than just one artist. I like to think many different artists collectively inspired the '69 generation in their own unique way, to give rise to the heavy metal genre.

• Like 1

OMG yes Led Zeppelin and Judas Priest! YEAH BABY!

....and suddenly, I'm a teenager again.

Edited by lizzieboo
  • Like 1

Ive seen Robert Plant in concert once ^^^^^ He was awesome, geez that was my Led Zeppelin discovery days back in 1990 when I became a true fan....I also had the box set....ahhh those were the days :clap::tsu: but I was also into Metallica and Kreator.... I ended up seeing a Kreator show back then too - the Coma of Souls tour....in Boston...

Edited by IMN
  • Like 2

I love this thread! I'm learning about all these new groups I have to check out. Thanks IMN!

This was my headbanging music, which wasn't metal (thought I like it, too).

In high school, it was all about hardcore punk. This was my local scene:

[media=]

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1