Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Other Paranormal sites with evidence

Brian Topp

I decide to check out some other sites and their evidence they put forward. I won't make and comment about it but i let you all decide about it.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/ghostphotos/GHOSTS/toptenghostphotos.htm

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/ghostphotos/GHOSTS/Myrtlesghosts.htm

http://acidcow.com/pics/7602-best-ghost-pictures-ever-taken-26-pics.html

The second picture from the first site is the creepiest. It literally gave me chills.

Edited by St. Jimmy

Honestly i think i'm immune to peridola (however you spell it). I never notice things in these images no matter how hard i look. Unless the person has told me exactly where to look or has circled the thing they're talking about.

What's so good about the first sites supposed no 1 photo of the year. Looks fake to me am i missing something ?

Sorry but i don't see anything paranormal about these pic . They all look fake or just photographic illusions jmo though.

• Like 1

the worst one is the stupid (supposed) arm coming through the bushes....I mean really? come on!!!! the guy acts like its reaching for him or something but if you look, those bushes are way off in the background....probably an out of focus flower bloom or the like. Hand? not even remotely close. then they follow up their proof with another photo....from a completely different angle, the bush isn't even in the shot, and has no relevance to anything. LOL.

even funnier....best ever #3

No 3. Real Photo of A Ghost Possessed Psychic Medium

I'm so glad he flew all the way from France to New Mexico to get possessed in his wizard pajamas. He's only missing a star-tipped wand, purple cape and his mickey mouse ears. hahaaa.

Edited by Sheetz
  • Like 1

Not bad, some look fake though.

I cant see most unless im told where to look lmao, like above poster said.

Thanks OP.

If only people knew how to use the settings on their cameras and what the effects of low light and long exposures produced (especially back in the film days) we'd have a lot less "actual" ghost photos. In all most all of those shots, there is evidence of that. Motion blur on a long exposure will actually make parts of the body look as if its completely missing or transparent all together. Some shots are undoubtedly cool and make you scratch your head, especially the ones from decades ago, but most of the new ones are pathetic really. The only thing about "old fashioned" photos, is that those cameras with film were notorious for taking double exposures. My father who took photos in the military has some really amazing (yet totally accidental) shots of double exposure spirit anomolies....only to find out much later, the film never advanced until after the second shot. It happens. One in particular that was astonishing looking was a picture of a large statue of the virgin Mary holding a baby Jesus. over in Europe. Above it in the sky was a very translucent image of a cross or crusafix....just barely the outline. He then remembered much later, that the shot he had taken in a church of a crucifix never got developed on its own....because it was taken over the shot of the statue by accident. But it sure looks cool....black and white film from the 50's. Not to mention, it was up to the photographer to advance the film back then...taken quickly at an event or whatever, it was easy to forget to advance to the next frame - exposing the film twice. I WANT to believe some shots are real....how can anything ever be proved is the old conundrum.

The problem is a lot of it can be faked or a malfunction perhaps of some cameras. The setting have some things to do with it as well.

I've seen all the pics on the acidcow site before though I haven't seen that particular site before. Some of them I'm pretty sure have been proven to be hoaxes.. others are bad pics or have mundane explanations. A couple of them I'm not sure if the jury has come in on them about how they are what they are. One of them I have personal insight on, but it has no real relevance as to if it's real or not.

The HauntedAmericaTours site is one I haven't seen before. Thanks for introducing it to me Brian, I'll have to check it out more. The photos in the top 10 were interesting. Some I would say are either explainable or poor enough quality that who knows what the heck it really is. Others might be hoaxes of various kinds.

The pic you singled out I found just as interesting for the rational that went with it as the pic itself. To me it's really obvious that it is plants that are the "ghost". And the blue hand. The author said: "Some have said that the hand looks like a big flower but the very next picture I took Below shows they were not close to a plant or flowers at all." Yes, and the second photo shows they were not close to a house with windows at all, so maybe the entire background in the first pic was a phantom. Or maybe since there is a tall post in the background of the second pic, perhaps the house and windows turned into a tall post?

What's your opinion?

As a Skeptic = Fake or Machine/User Error.

As a person = Concerned.

The thing that worries me is that quite a few of these faked or Machine/User Error is presented by people who call them self paranormal experts or ghost hunters or simular self proclaimed title. It seems very easy to do that on the internet.

The funny thing is some of the photos (that i had linked on the start of this thread) had been presented on UM or other forums and been over all agreed by the people on the forums to be Fake or Machine/User Error yet it creeps up on these sites where there is no one that can interject their evidence.

My thought is this, If some one (either is a hoaxer or truely believes their evidence is true) went to a forum like this and didn't like the response they got (which 9 of out 10 happens in the ghost section). Where do they go afterwards? A website that there is no one able to directly comment to discredit their work? Forgot about it? Go to forum after forum, hoping to get the right crowd that is in awe of what they caught? Go to the media? Who knows.

As a Skeptic = Fake or Machine/User Error.

As a person = Concerned.

The thing that worries me is that quite a few of these faked or Machine/User Error is presented by people who call them self paranormal experts or ghost hunters or simular self proclaimed title. It seems very easy to do that on the internet.

The funny thing is some of the photos (that i had linked on the start of this thread) had been presented on UM or other forums and been over all agreed by the people on the forums to be Fake or Machine/User Error yet it creeps up on these sites where there is no one that can interject their evidence.

My thought is this, If some one (either is a hoaxer or truely believes their evidence is true) went to a forum like this and didn't like the response they got (which 9 of out 10 happens in the ghost section). Where do they go afterwards? A website that there is no one able to directly comment to discredit their work? Forgot about it? Go to forum after forum, hoping to get the right crowd that is in awe of what they caught? Go to the media? Who knows.

I agree. The best way to get people to believe in your point of view (whether real or hoax) is to put it on the net, preferably somewhere that people can't comment and discredit it.

It's kind of like those stupid chain emails that go around, I get them and constantly think "the person that sent that to me can't posibly believe that it is real." And yet the keep coming.

• 2 months later...

I like to share what I capture. I am too ill to want to nor would I perpetuate a hoax and I feel we are here to learn.....

I care to much about it as it has been with me all my life. I try and learn of other peoples experience....

I stand by what I believe in. I do not mind if somebody doubts my evidence that is their right.

whew

I stand by what I believe in. I do not mind if somebody doubts my evidence that is their right.

well when you feel better upload it.
  • Like 1