Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Big User Name Thread

Likely Guy

my grandfather gave me the nickname lotus when i was really little, i would have been just Lotus here but someone has that name so i had to figure out something to put infront of it dunno why i picked iron but i did and here iam :D

• Like 3

my grandfather gave me the nickname lotus when i was really little, i would have been just Lotus here but someone has that name so i had to figure out something to put infront of it dunno why i picked iron but i did and here iam :D

My grandpa called me his "Wee El Dorado". Cos I was his first grandson with fair hair. :)

p.s. Forgot to add, it's also the name of a locally made alcoholic beverage so am rather suspicious.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 8

My grandpa called me his "Wee El Dorado". Cos I was his first grandson with fair hair. :)

haha thats really cool! :)

• Like 1

As a child, I could never work out why I was Russian and my parents, English. Then when I was 12 it was pointed out to me that my name wasn't 'O.Sodoff!'

A simple "like" is not sufficient for that one, Eald so....

:w00t::tsu::lol::rofl:

• Like 2

A simple "like" is not sufficient for that one, Eald so....

:w00t::tsu::lol::rofl:

My parents did try to show me affection on occasion - dad even bought me a teddy bear to cuddle when I went to bed, but Whipsnade Zoo noticed it was missing and took it back!

• Like 4

I like zombie books and movies and my username is how to kill them. :yes:

• Like 6

My first name is Jonathan. When I was a kid I was a huge wrestling fan, my favorite wrestler was Kerry Von Erich. Me and my friends always joked that I was an honorary Von Erich. That's about it. Lame isn't it ??! :D

• Like 5

My first name is Jonathan. When I was a kid I was a huge wrestling fan, my favorite wrestler was Kerry Von Erich. Me and my friends always joked that I was an honorary Von Erich. That's about it. Lame isn't it ??! :D

Not really. My favourite wrester was Eric Froelich (All Star Wresting) so I almost used 'Likely Froelich'. It just didn't roll off the toungue though.

• Like 2

I like zombie books and movies and my username is how to kill them. :yes:

I have been curious about your name for a long time...I was thinking it meant something totally different lol thank you for telling :yes:

• Like 1

I have been curious about your name for a long time...I was thinking it meant something totally different lol thank you for telling :yes:

tsk tsk lol

I thought it was cos Aim played Modern Warfare, and i've known her for years. Think you know someone, turns out you don't really. :(

I do feel safer now though, with me not being a zombie. Yet.

:)

Disclaimer: Only jokin

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Am rather disappointed JVE ain't your real name. I had visions of your Great-Grandfather flying a WW1 plane, chasing the Red Baron, trying to do him in.

Oh, well. *sigh* Another dream shattered by UM. (lol)

• Like 5

Am rather disappointed JVE ain't your real name. I had visions of your Great-Grandfather flying a WW1 plane, chasing the Red Baron, trying to do him in.

Well, he could have been Jonathon Von Richthofen... :whistle:

• Like 2

im not sure... i just thought my name was cute/funny, i started off with Sensei Waffles. Im going to change it to Old Man Waffles :P

• Like 3

i was between 16 and 19. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had a dream and i had to remember these 2 words for some reason. "semorgus gentai." even though i dont remember anything about the dream i had other than me having to or wanting to remember those words. i wrote them down on a paper with a list of gifts for my girlfriend for christmas because it was the closest thing to me without me getting out of bed. i went back to sleep. i woke up in the morning, looked at those words, and have wondered ever since. im now 36. what do they mean and in what language? are they even the same language or 2 different ones? these words mean something to me but i dont know what. so at 21 i got a tatoo of them. its my only tat. i figured id just use gentai because it sounds nice. like gentle. semorgus sounds like the morgue. ive tried asking people. even looked on the computer only to learn that i am dumb and have no luck. i thought, once, i did see in some asian language i thought it said gentai means decay or to decay. i have not seen any semorgus definition. if any one could ever help me i would be eternally grateful.

• Like 1

I had wondered, and I thought it was something like that!

I was a teen when the Von Erichs were at the height of their popularity. They were our local heroes- our hometown boys- and they were indeed beloved by all.

I didn't really know them, but I would see the family around, and like every other girl, I had a huge crush on Kerry.

Funny story...my best friend and I were so bold as to knock on their door (the family home) and ask if we could swim in their pool. They were so kind! and they allowed us, and after swimming, we jumped on their trampoline.

Kevin still lives near where he and his brothers were raised.

Sorry for off topic.

Back on topic, I guess I'd say lack of imagination, or lack of motivation is why I settled on "regi". I attempted to use my actual name, but couldn't. The first four letters were approved.

• Like 1

i was between 16 and 19. i woke up in the middle of the night because i had a dream and i had to remember these 2 words for some reason. "semorgus gentai." even though i dont remember anything about the dream i had other than me having to or wanting to remember those words. i wrote them down on a paper with a list of gifts for my girlfriend for christmas because it was the closest thing to me without me getting out of bed. i went back to sleep. i woke up in the morning, looked at those words, and have wondered ever since. im now 36. what do they mean and in what language? are they even the same language or 2 different ones? these words mean something to me but i dont know what. so at 21 i got a tatoo of them. its my only tat. i figured id just use gentai because it sounds nice. like gentle. semorgus sounds like the morgue. ive tried asking people. even looked on the computer only to learn that i am dumb and have no luck. i thought, once, i did see in some asian language i thought it said gentai means decay or to decay. i have not seen any semorgus definition. if any one could ever help me i would be eternally grateful.

*whispers* It's the name of your Guardian Angel.

It's a song by Mudvayne...IMN..."Suicide. Don't give a f about this my life or any other. Just go and let me hang, impossible to forgive forget murderer<I'm in control. Living A LIE,make you all pay for this, lovesick bullsh ,bring it, I don't need your thorn in my side so I die. No one, no one can ever understand, my life's exhausted, no one, no one can ever understand, pressure constricting, so hard like a stone, fight hard break bones BREAK, no one, can ever understand this life IMN. Fight for your honesty, fight for integrity...................All work and no play makes me sick, I want to eat a bullet..........youve dug the hole I'm lying in.............

my world, my noose, f you."

yeah I was thinking of changing my screen~name to something more pleasant... I have until August 16th.....

I can't link you to the video because it has swears in it.on Youtube........but check out Mudvaynes "IMN" and you'll get the picture....

Edited by IMN
  • Like 2

Mine? Anglo-Saxon...

ealdwita [] m (-n/-n) venerable man, priest, sage, one old or eminent in knowledge; an elder, senior, principal person.

• Like 4

I like Clive Barker, i have all his books and some of his artwork, and im slightly wierd in that i like pain, so what with the suspension i do and scarifications and piercing, i think if was a character in a film i would be a Cenobite

Edited by cenobite

Not really. My favourite wrester was Eric Froelich (All Star Wresting) so I almost used 'Likely Froelich'. It just didn't roll off the toungue though.

Amazing ! That jobber Froelich !? :P

Ok that made me laugh like a madman sir. :lol:

Von Erich is a little too German for a guy who was born in Quebec city. :w00t:

Well, he could have been Jonathon Von Richthofen... :whistle:

What a great name. I'm thinking about changing it now ! I'm shaking, I'm doing it ! :P

I had wondered, and I thought it was something like that!

I was a teen when the Von Erichs were at the height of their popularity. They were our local heroes- our hometown boys- and they were indeed beloved by all.

I didn't really know them, but I would see the family around, and like every other girl, I had a huge crush on Kerry.

Funny story...my best friend and I were so bold as to knock on their door (the family home) and ask if we could swim in their pool. They were so kind! and they allowed us, and after swimming, we jumped on their trampoline.

Kevin still lives near where he and his brothers were raised.

Amazing story, I'm sending you a PM right now, I need to know more. :tu:

I first discovered this site back in 2003. Came here everyday for a couple of years to read the articles, never even looked at the forums. When I decided to join in 2005 (to access the members only galleries), the Sci-Fi channel was airing the series Farscape. Pilot (one of the characters in the show) used the term "stardrive" for his faster than light mode of travel. So as I tried different names, all of which were taken, I thought of "stardrive" and it was available. And the rest is history......

edit:spelling

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1

A long ago comedy team George Burns and Gracie Allen. He ended the show with "say goodnight Gracie". I just changed the spelling.