Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whale shark filmed sucking fish out of net

jugoso

Looks like a bait ball..

• Like 1

Animals are more intelligent than we give them credit for. Not much surprises me about the animal kingdom anymore.

• Like 1

Shark is probably thinking "Geez, what swell guys. They left all this fish here, just for me."

It probably never had such an easy meal like this before. Pretty cool though.

Dang, smart shark.

awesomeness

I always thought they were exclusive filter feeders of microscopic life but checked and now realise they do also eat small fish.

It must have looked at that bait ball and thought wow look at that a free take away, all you can eat for nowt.

• Like 1

Well this is what happens when you take away their food with over fishing and polution, I just hope he can hit and run before they put him on their menu. :clap:

• Like 1

im sorry b4 i say it bu wish i could meet a woman that good

im sorry b4 i say it bu wish i could meet a woman that good

why would u say this in public?!?! just plain old disturbing. but i admit, if u think of the whale shark as a woman and the net holding the fish as a uhh...sack :whistle: then i would sorta seem like...ya noe ;)

Do you Humans believe that this shark simply swam up to the net and thought to itself, "hmmm ... a net full of fish! How can I get them? Hmmm...I know, I'm going to suck them right out of the net and have a feast"? That it solved a puzzle by thought?

No, the whale shark is a filter feeder and one way it feeds NATRUALLY, by INSTINCT, is by sucking large quantities of water and food into its mouth and expelling it through the gills which serve as a filter, exactly as is depicted in the video. The animal is doing this by INSTINCT. It did not rationalise a solution to a problem.

"Some whale sharks have developed the unique ability to suck fish straight out of the fishermen's nets." declares the introductory sentence. This is simplistic, sensationalistic "journalism". There is noting unique about it.

What a clever animal, using stupid humans to round up the fish for him in a bid to conserve energy.. Its such a shame that the fishermen, angered by the Whale Shark, caught him instead, cooked him and ate him with salad and potatoes (NOT mentioned in the article, lol)

• Like 1

This was like a McDonalds drive-thru (swim-thru?) for this Whale Shark...

Fillet o' Fish please, and yes, I'll go large...

Edited by Junior Chubb

Hope they don't start killing the whale sharks because they are dining from their nets.

Afterall they are bait fish.

Looks like a bait ball..

Just had an advert at the bottom of the page I was viewing for Bait bombs, (I should imagine they are just like Bait Balls http://baitbomb.co.uk/?gclid=CJH0k8qspLECFUVTfAodSA5qPw) and remembered your post...

Should I start a thread in the 'Metaphysics & Psychic Phenomena' section about this? :tu:

Do you Humans believe that this shark simply swam up to the net and thought to itself, "hmmm ... a net full of fish! How can I get them? Hmmm...I know, I'm going to suck them right out of the net and have a feast"? That it solved a puzzle by thought?

No, the whale shark is a filter feeder and one way it feeds NATRUALLY, by INSTINCT, is by sucking large quantities of water and food into its mouth and expelling it through the gills which serve as a filter, exactly as is depicted in the video. The animal is doing this by INSTINCT. It did not rationalise a solution to a problem.

"Some whale sharks have developed the unique ability to suck fish straight out of the fishermen's nets." declares the introductory sentence. This is simplistic, sensationalistic "journalism". There is noting unique about it.

What a bummer & here I was thinking what a great shark. :unsure2:

• 3 weeks later...