Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ALT PEOPLE

cenobite

Hello all, thought i would start a thread for people into alternative culture and stuff, talk about your tats and piercings etc, if you want to of course, or you can just come and poke fun at freaks like me, or if you are thinking of getting some sort of body mod feel free to ask me any questions and i'll do my best to help you out

I have numerous tats and piercings and some scarification, i have also tattooed and pierced people (though im not a pro) i know a lot of people in the body mods community and also take part in body suspensions, i have done 5 myself, i also happen to know the most pierced man in the world Rolf Buckhloz - he's in the guiness book of world records.

i do not recommend or endorse body mods for anyone under the age of 18, tattoo's and scarifications are for keeps and although piercings can be removed it's still an invasive and very personal procedure.

and of course we dont have to keep it to body mods, i'd like to make a forum for all aspects of alt culture

hope to hear from some of you

Nice thread!

Have been thinking of getting a a few piercings and tats.

For me the problem is finding somebody in my area whos good enough,

i dont like there styles - if thats the right word.

anyhoo

Thanks,

what style of tattoo do you like? and what area are you in, i might be able to recommend someone for you

I have no piercings at all, not even my ears but I do have a rather large tattoo which takes up most of my back. A pair of wings...It took about six months to complete waiting to heal in-between two hourly sessions in the studio. It means a lot to me and I wouldn't be without it now. The motives run deep and are very personal, it wasn't a spare of the moment thing. i love it.

I have thought about getting more but nothing has moved me enough to do so yet.

• Like 2

I have no piercings at all, not even my ears but I do have a rather large tattoo which takes up most of my back. A pair of wings...It took about six months to complete waiting to heal in-between two hourly sessions in the studio. It means a lot to me and I wouldn't be without it now. The motives run deep and are very personal, it wasn't a spare of the moment thing. i love it.

I have thought about getting more but nothing has moved me enough to do so yet.

do you have a pic?

I have virgin skin. No tats and no piercings. However, I am not against somebody having these things. It's up to the individual. Tats I can understand but I will never understand anyone wanting piercings or mods.

If a lady has a tat, I personally prefer it to be somewhere descreet and not too large. Fine for a guy to show them on arms etc but some peeps do go a little OTT with them.

The other thing I really dont like to see are poorly done tats or loads of tats that really dont go together. No thought put into it. Just add one here, one there.

I knew of a guy once with a spiders web on the side of his face, and dotted lines round the front of his neck with words saying ''Cut Here' (he was unemployed lol)

It would be interesting to see some photogrpahs though. Just the tat. No need to be shy :)

2012-07-20%2022.11.02.jpg?w=c48a508c

This picture doesn't do it justice but here's mine. I had it done by a well know artist/tattooist in Bali, Indonesia. Totally unique, Isn't out of a book or anything. Unless he's tattooed someone else with this tattoo since me then I am the only person in the world with this haha. I love the shading, especially around the mouth and eyes.

I have no problem with people getting a tattoo if they have a good reason like artistic value or maybe a meaningful tattoo, I just don't like it when people get one for the sake of it.

I don't have anymore or any piercings.

Edited by DKO

May be, why?

.....There's no way, I am showing any pictures.

i meant of your tattoo! there are other specialized website for other stuff!

I know you meant of my tat' :rofl: but my tat is on me. Ergo....

It's personal to me. I don't go showing it off... sometimes I will show it, to a few but it's much more a personal and intimate thing to me than just ...Here, this is mine... Now show me yours, type of thing. :)

In high-school the alternative crowd were referred to as alties I was an altie ...

I have three piercings and two tattoos. I want a mahakala mask with a crow perched on top. As my next tattoo. Just waiting for some extra money and to find a tattoo artist I find worthy enough.

As a side note my first tattoo ...lol not horrible and means a lot to me but word of warning if you go to a tattoo convention don't pick the shortest line.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch
  • Like 1

DKO, sorry but your link doesn't work for me.

I got a tattoo years ago that has faded and want to get it touched up before getting another. Yes, there will be others.

oh and mine is of a cat, of course!

My ears are pierced but that's it.

Damn the link must only work for me. I'll try a different way.

This picture doesn't do it justice but here's mine. I had it done by a well know artist/tattooist in Bali, Indonesia. Totally unique, Isn't out of a book or anything. Unless he's tattooed someone else with this tattoo since me then I am the only person in the world with this haha. I love the shading, especially around the mouth and eyes.

med_gallery_120379_14_1511803.jpg

• Like 1

neat one DKO, looks like it is on your leg?

Cheers, Yeah on the side of my calf.

Whats your cat tattoo look like?

The things i like are all over the place!

i like pop arty stuff, abstract etc.

all kinds!

Thanks,

Ive been thinking of getting an Irish "Trinity" tatoo but not sure where to put it....

Ive been thinking of getting an Irish "Trinity" tatoo but not sure where to put it....

chest i reckon

I have an almost complete(my tat guy is locked up)3/4 sleeve on my right arm. It's something that I sketched up and gave to my brother to turn it into art. So not only is it my idea but its my brothers art and it symbolizes something I'm very passionate about and is very special to me. I also have my son's name on my left shoulder and my daughters name on my wrist and then the HIM symbol inside my bottom lip. I don't have any other piercings except for my ears and they're at a 1/2inch and staying lol.

I want more tattoos but I probably won't do anymore...idk we'll see

• Like 2

I have an almost complete(my tat guy is locked up)3/4 sleeve on my right arm. It's something that I sketched up and gave to my brother to turn it into art. So not only is it my idea but its my brothers art and it symbolizes something I'm very passionate about and is very special to me. I also have my son's name on my left shoulder and my daughters name on my wrist and then the HIM symbol inside my bottom lip. I don't have any other piercings except for my ears and they're at a 1/2inch and staying lol.

I want more tattoos but I probably won't do anymore...idk we'll see

Was the lip one painful? I like the idea for some reason, a secret tattoo haha.

No it actually didn't hurt at all! The inside of my elbow hurt the worse I thiink. Idk of any shops that will do the inside of the lip here, my friend before he got locked up worked out of his house so he did it but its because they fade & usually need to be redone every few mnths

I It's something that I sketched up

i want a tat done but its my own thing, its what make me so to speak.

But for me its finding the person to do it, lol

thanks for the post!

• Like 1

i want a tat done but its my own thing, its what make me so to speak.

But for me its finding the person to do it, lol

thanks for the post!

Someone to draw it or someone to tattoo?

This is what I'm waiting to finish...below the elbow is pretty much done just around the elbow but he's going to do a negative image around it because I'm a p**** and it hurts to bad lol

Edited by Viviana98
  • Like 1

No piercings at the moment except for my belly button, but I usually just wear this tiny diamond stud or a little hip-wrap silver chain; I did pierce my own lip a while ago but I ended up letting it heal, and I'm thinking of having my ears done professionally. I have a very special name tattooed on my hip that I got when I was 13, which quite frankly was stupid when you think about how bad it could've stretched. I basically stopped growing prematurely in my early adolescent years for medical reasons, so thankfully that tat is doing fine and well. I'll admit to having experimented with polyamory, and I like to read writing with "industrial subculture" influence, but Bohemianism is kind of what I'm big on, I prioritize my ability to depend on myself so that I have that sense of stability, because I also like and need some form of change in my life at different times. Usually you need to settle down in one area for some substantial amount of time to build a career, but one of the reasons I'm working towards the credentials I am now is because it'll be my qualification for a job that's pretty much needed anywhere in the world, and this way if I choose to I could essentially be moving around every 5 years if I really want to.