Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nostradamus and the pole shift

leowh

Literally meaningless. The magnetic poles have nothing to do with the equator.

Boom.

I’m trying to figure out where the North Pole will end up in the next pole shift. The below information that I used to make my mathematical calculations is taken from Peter Thomson's discussions board on his website. Apparently he's a scientist in the U.K. His blog seems to be a dead post as one cannot reply to the posts and the last post shown was in 2006.

Some people think that Mount Kenya in East Africa will be a pivot point for the next pole shift and that Greenland will rotate to the equator along a line of longitude through Greenland. I don’t know where this idea of Mount Kenya being a pivot point originates from though. The pivot points will be the safest points since they will have the least rotation in a pole shift. In the earth crustal displacement theory the crust of the earth would rotate as a whole over the liquid magma layer of the earth’s core.

From Wikipedia, Mount Kenya has coordinates 0° 9’ S, 37° 18’ E, or 0.15° S, 37.3° E.

180° - 37.3° = 142.7°

Its antipode pivot point would have coordinates 0.15° N, 142.7° W, which is located in the Pacific Ocean with the nearest land being the Marquesas Islands.

90° - 37.3° = 52.7°

90° + 37.3° = 127.3°

If Greenland rotates to the equator, it would need to rotate along the 52.7° W longitude, which passes through the west coast of Greenland. The North Pole would then need to travel along the 127.3° E longitude, which passes through the Laptev Sea in northern Russia.

The North Pole is located at 90° N latitude and from Wikipedia, Greenland has coordinates 72° N, 40° W.

90° - 72° = 18°

In the earth crustal displacement theory if Greenland rotates a distance of 72° to the equator then the land on the other side of the hemisphere would need to rotate an equal distance to the North Pole. This would put the new North Pole at coordinates 18° N, 127.3° E, which is located in the Philippine Sea. Its antipode South Pole would then have coordinates 18° S, 52.7° W, which is located in the state of Goiás in Brazil.

http://www.peter-tho...onal axis shift

http://www.peter-tho...howdate=checked

I don't quite think you understand the difference between poles. There are the north and south poles, then there are the magnetic poles. The "magnetic pole shift", which this is referring to, will have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the equator of the world. How can you not comprehend that? *sigh*.... :no:

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 1

[i think the magnetic pole is headed into Russia and China. That is where it is headed right now. The shifts have moved my home closer to the equator, and I plant the yard and garden with that bias.

Keep thinking about this. Don't give it up.

The difference between us is that I think the pole shift will be gradual and not extreme in change.

I’m trying to figure out where the North Pole will end up in the next pole shift. The below information that I used to make my mathematical calculations is taken from Peter Thomson's discussions board on his website. Apparently he's a scientist in the U.K. His blog seems to be a dead post as one cannot reply to the posts and the last post shown was in 2006.

Some people think that Mount Kenya in East Africa will be a pivot point for the next pole shift and that Greenland will rotate to the equator along a line of longitude through Greenland. I don’t know where this idea of Mount Kenya being a pivot point originates from though. The pivot points will be the safest points since they will have the least rotation in a pole shift. In the earth crustal displacement theory the crust of the earth would rotate as a whole over the liquid magma layer of the earth’s core.

From Wikipedia, Mount Kenya has coordinates 0° 9’ S, 37° 18’ E, or 0.15° S, 37.3° E.

180° - 37.3° = 142.7°

Its antipode pivot point would have coordinates 0.15° N, 142.7° W, which is located in the Pacific Ocean with the nearest land being the Marquesas Islands.

90° - 37.3° = 52.7°

90° + 37.3° = 127.3°

If Greenland rotates to the equator, it would need to rotate along the 52.7° W longitude, which passes through the west coast of Greenland. The North Pole would then need to travel along the 127.3° E longitude, which passes through the Laptev Sea in northern Russia.

The North Pole is located at 90° N latitude and from Wikipedia, Greenland has coordinates 72° N, 40° W.

90° - 72° = 18°

In the earth crustal displacement theory if Greenland rotates a distance of 72° to the equator then the land on the other side of the hemisphere would need to rotate an equal distance to the North Pole. This would put the new North Pole at coordinates 18° N, 127.3° E, which is located in the Philippine Sea. Its antipode South Pole would then have coordinates 18° S, 52.7° W, which is located in the state of Goiás in Brazil.

http://www.peter-tho...onal axis shift

http://www.peter-tho...howdate=checked

In Richard W. Noone’s 1986 book ‘5/5/2000: Ice, the Ultimate Disaster’ (re-published 1997) and which is now out of print, there is a one-page blurb at the back of the book that says a group of American Freemasons plan to take their families on a plane and fly to an undisclosed pivot point when the time comes. It is interesting that even back then there was a group of esoteric-thinking freemasons who took the pole shift seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s another possible location for the new poles that I found on the internet. It’s quite a cataclysmic scenario from the Zeta group.

Nancy Lieder claims to get her information through telepathic communication with a group of aliens from the Zeta Reticuli binary star system in the Reticulum constellation. She has quite a large group of followers on her website.

Lieder has the new North Pole at 5° S, 29° W, which is located in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-eastern tip of Brazil, and the new South Pole at 10° N, 78° E, which is located in the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India. These coordinates are not antipodes of each other.

Lieder claims that the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Rift will split wide open and that the Atlantic Ocean will widen. The photo of her demonstration globe on her website shows the North American continental plate shifting a good couple of thousand kilometres to the west and that the Pacific Ocean will become compressed.

After all these continental plate movements, and the possible subduction of the Philippine plate and the Caribbean plate, her North Pole location and South Pole location will then become antipodes of each other.

http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/7-of-10-status-as-of-april-7

Edited by leowh

Here’s another possible location for the new poles that I found on the internet. It’s quite a cataclysmic scenario from the Zeta group.

Nancy Lieder claims to get her information through telepathic communication with a group of aliens from the Zeta Reticuli binary star system in the Reticulum constellation. She has quite a large group of followers on her website.

Lieder has the new North Pole at 5° S, 29° W, which is located in the Atlantic Ocean off the north-eastern tip of Brazil, and the new South Pole at 10° N, 78° E, which is located in the state of Tamil Nadu in southern India. These coordinates are not antipodes of each other.

Lieder claims that the Mid-Atlantic Ocean Rift will split wide open and that the Atlantic Ocean will widen. The photo of her demonstration globe on her website shows the North American continental plate shifting a good couple of thousand kilometres to the west and that the Pacific Ocean will become compressed.

After all these continental plate movements, and the possible subduction of the Philippine plate and the Caribbean plate, her North Pole location and South Pole location will then become antipodes of each other.

http://poleshift.ning.com/profiles/blogs/7-of-10-status-as-of-april-7

here is the general track of the north magnetic pole over a 200 year period.

nmppath2001_med.gif

As you can see it's moving in the direction of Russia and not towards the Atlantic. The magnetic poles have no effect on plate tectonics and so even if the north magnetic pole were to instantly move to where Nancy says it will move to, the mid Atlantic ridge would not split open and move continents.

What we have is a poor fiction story with a fictional basis of telepathic information from aliens on zeta reticuli.

couldn't really see anything linking it with pole shifts ..other than 'trembling'

..the barbarian reference [to me] just suggests something political? (and nasty by the sounds of all that blood)

what was with all that other info..?

..is this the same nostradamus who used the rosehips to combat the effects of the plague? ..or has that been poo-pooed now?

sandimashighschoolfootballteamrules!

Wasn't the rosehips used more to combat the smell of the plague.

Grey14

Thankfully it's only your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion and the opinion of many people in the world is totally different. I think that Nostradamus was the greatest seer of all times. As regards the year 2012 he foretold the resetting of a man's memory:

http://www.andrzejst...sciousness.html

He foretold long sparks running from the Sun: http://www.andrzejst...om-the-Sun.html

He also foretold the coming of “one male” in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code.

No, all that is based on nothing but wishful interpretations.

Both the Germans and the English (WWII) used Nostradamus' quatrains to predict the outcome of a/the battle.

Edited by Abramelin

Abramelin,

No, all that is based on nothing but wishful interpretations.

Both the Germans and the English (WWII) used Nostradamus' quatrains to predict the outcome of a/the battle.

Indeed, many people are the authors of "wishful interpretations".

However, there is today living on Earth "one male" - the coming of whom was foretold by Nostradamus in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code - who has a full and sole right not only to explain to the people the quatrains of Nostradamus but also to read the Apocalypse. His knowledge is unique and no man ever will have such a knowledge as He has.

Abramelin,

However, there is today living on Earth "one male" - the coming of whom was foretold by Nostradamus in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code - who has a full and sole right not only to explain to the people the quatrains of Nostradamus but also to read the Apocalypse. His knowledge is unique and no man ever will have such a knowledge as He has.

I read that link, http://www.andrzejstruski.com/articles_204_Nostradamus-foretells-in-2012-long-sparks-running-from-the-Sun.html

And he made that 'prediction' based on his interpretation of Nostradamus' quatrain in 2012.

That is not predicting. He should have done that in 1996 or something.

Abramelin,

I read that link, http://www.andrzejst...om-the-Sun.html

And he made that 'prediction' based on his interpretation of Nostradamus' quatrain in 2012.

That is not predicting. He should have done that in 1996 or something.

You are contradicting yourself: first you are saying that:"he made that 'prediction'" than you are saying:"That is not predicting".

Andrzej Struski is not making any "prediction" in His article but He is explaining the quatrain of Nostradamus to the people.It is Nostradamus who foretells certain events in his quatrains but only the one who has adequate knowledge can decode - read his quatrains in a proper way.

What do you mean by:"He should have done that in 1996 or something."?

Abramelin,

You are contradicting yourself: first you are saying that:"he made that 'prediction'" than you are saying:"That is not predicting".

Andrzej Struski is not making any "prediction" in His article but He is explaining the quatrain of Nostradamus to the people.It is Nostradamus who foretells certain events in his quatrains but only the one who has adequate knowledge can decode - read his quatrains in a proper way.

What do you mean by:"He should have done that in 1996 or something."?

I put the word prediction between quotation marks because it was not a prediction, it was just a repeat of what he learned from scientists.

And that's why I said: if he had said it in 1996, then it would have been a prediction. But now he uses his twist of scientific finds from 2012.

Abramelin,

I put the word prediction between quotation marks because it was not a prediction, it was just a repeat of what he learned from scientists.

And that's why I said: if he had said it in 1996, then it would have been a prediction. But now he uses his twist of scientific finds from 2012.

That's still the word "prediction" by means of which you wanted to define His explanation and your words:"if he had said it in 1996, then it would have been a prediction" indicate this but as I have already said:"Andrzej Struski is not making any "prediction" in His article but He is explaining the quatrain of Nostradamus to the people.It is Nostradamus who foretells certain events in his quatrains but only the one who has adequate knowledge can decode - read his quatrains in a proper way." Andrzej Struski's knowledge is unique - no man ever will have such a knowledge as He has. He is not repeating anything "learned from scientists"- all His articles are the result of His own knowledge.

Please enlighten me on where this thread is heading, it started out with the Pyramid of Giza, Nostradamus ,and after 30 posts on various theories of how the Poles may shift we end up with some crackpot (not the poster)spouting on about Zeta Reticuli,seems to be total Bull dust to me.But there is one thing for sure and thats ,none of us will be witness to this event if /when it happens.

....... even back then there was a group of esoteric-thinking freemasons who took the pole shift seriously.

They are commonly referred to as nutjobs.

• Like 1

Abramelin,

That's still the word "prediction" by means of which you wanted to define His explanation and your words:"if he had said it in 1996, then it would have been a prediction" indicate this but as I have already said:"Andrzej Struski is not making any "prediction" in His article but He is explaining the quatrain of Nostradamus to the people.It is Nostradamus who foretells certain events in his quatrains but only the one who has adequate knowledge can decode - read his quatrains in a proper way." Andrzej Struski's knowledge is unique - no man ever will have such a knowledge as He has. He is not repeating anything "learned from scientists"- all His articles are the result of His own knowledge.

He is explaining Nostradamus' quatrains to create his very own prediction. But he uses what he (apparently did not) understood of solar flares, of which the first one showed up in jan/feb 2012:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/9035758/Solar-flares-Earth-hit-by-biggest-space-storm-in-almost-seven-years.html

I am not impressed.

Abramelin,

Interesting thing about the Nostradamus Vatinicia Code is that the only connection to Nostradamus was the use of his name. It was published 63 years after he died and there is no evidence to connect him to the work in any way.

Grey14

Thankfully it's only your opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion and the opinion of many people in the world is totally different. I think that Nostradamus was the greatest seer of all times. As regards the year 2012 he foretold the resetting of a man's memory:

http://www.andrzejst...sciousness.html

He foretold long sparks running from the Sun: http://www.andrzejst...om-the-Sun.html

He also foretold the coming of “one male” in Nostradamus Vatinicia Code.

In your first link Andrzej has this:

Century VII “quatrain 66”

“Comets without a tail, will fill the sky, circling in silence, Big panic, offering rejected, A comet with a tail, Shoots among the bees, dies, And the leaders helpless. Nobody will recognise the signs on the sand.”

Big shining spheres, are voicelessly circling above the earth. The people in panic, prayers and sorcery did not help at all. The burning hot matter running from the Sun goes out in the air, among many flare-ups. All technical activities are ineffective. The memory is resetted, those who survive will not be able to understand writing.

The problem with that is century 7 only has 42 quatrains.

Bugger my bad I miss read the topic I thought it said pole dancing I need new glasses lol.

• Like 1