Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wig Suggestions :-)

sarah snow

Thank hunny, the treatment starts this week and we're ready to commence battle xxx :-) xxxx

7866647526_632a4a46c5_n.jpg

"Got your backs, ladies!"

• Like 3

7866647526_632a4a46c5_n.jpg

"Got your backs, ladies!"

:clap: :clap: Thanks, bud, that gave me a proper hearty chuckle!! :tsu: xx

• Like 2

That's my son-in-law riding Argent at last year's Country Show. (I got to dress up as a Medieval falconer, display the birds, drink lots of ale and devour most of the hog-roast single-handedly!) Somebody has to do it!

My thoughts go with you both.

• Like 2

That's my son-in-law riding Argent at last year's Country Show. (I got to dress up as a Medieval falconer, display the birds, drink lots of ale and devour most of the hog-roast single-handedly!) Somebody has to do it!

My thoughts go with you both.

It's seriously cool! Flower & I sat out on Friday about midnight after I collected her from the airport and listened to the hooty owl and watched the bats flying about in her garden. We love anything like that. You are so lucky to have done falconry, that must be amazing!!! :tsu: We' d have had your mitt off, for a hog roast sarnie!!

Thank you for your lovely wishes too :yes:

Edited by sarah snow

It is hitting home. We joked about prunes as Bird bought some today. She whispered to me whilst she was cooking family roast, grandkids in earshot xxx But it can go either way, in the bum stuff.

We've never farted in front of each other. In all those foreign holidays- Africa & Caribbean, we always shared a room, but she knows,it's my stupid thing. Would rather have had gut ache than fart in front of anyone. Even Bird xxxxx :blush:

Think our life about bum stuff will change this week xxx

LOL xxxxxxxx I love her, so so very much xx

Edited by sarah snow

• 6 months later...

We've battled the beast and delighted to report that it's a success story so far!!!

I moved out a while ago when I was able to start work again, when my mate was ok. She lost her fingernails too.That hurt her more than her hair, pain wise and in some strange way other ways. She's made some assessments in life, and some changes.I'm surprised, but pleased. :-)

She still has treatment. I was with her last week as she had a heart scan miles away so we had a girly day out to heart scan city. Always a pleasure :whistle:

She works many hours now, and does her job with aplomb. She's awesome and I am so proud of her xxxxxxxx

Edited by sarah snow

*snip* I should have read the WHOLE thread. LOL.

Best wishes to you and your friend. It's a hard thing to go through! But friends help it tremendously! You're both warriors! <3

Edited by MissMelsWell

We've battled the beast and delighted to report that it's a success story so far!!!

I moved out a while ago when I was able to start work again, when my mate was ok. She lost her fingernails too.That hurt her more than her hair, pain wise and in some strange way other ways. She's made some assessments in life, and some changes.I'm surprised, but pleased. :-)

She still has treatment. I was with her last week as she had a heart scan miles away so we had a girly day out to heart scan city. Always a pleasure :whistle:

She works many hours now, and does her job with aplomb. She's awesome and I am so proud of her xxxxxxxx

Well sarah sweetie, we here on UM are all very very proud of YOU. :-*

• Like 1

Well sarah sweetie, we here on UM are all very very proud of YOU. :-*

Double Ditto on that!

• Like 1

No way- at the final hour she overruled me and would not let me have a really shortcut as I wanted. I almost forgot myself and had a full-on tantrum but then realisation hit that:

A. She'd just cuff me round the head if I did, and tell me to get a grip my hair is shorter than ever before and that's enough

B. I have no right to be peed off about anything, so refer to Option A

Her heart is fine,went for scan together recentlyat central place so we had to be up at 6am.....bless her, as it was my day off work she tried to say she could drive herself.

Uhhh....after they pump radioactive matter into you??.....YEAHHH,like I'm letting you drive yourself to that mullarkey :no:

She's great and I'm proud of her......but then, she always was indestructable xxxxxxx

I'm just arranging my next charity sea swim and my first 12 mile sea swim was going on last year, when she was diagnosed and was proper poorly and now she's doing fine but still has 5 months treatment to go, but she's defying people who never knew her,Doctor Sparkly Shoes's Trainee reports she never met a patient as positive and recovery has been helped by this attitude. She's out of the woods before that wolf has a chance to growl......we GRRRRRowl louder!!!!

That's Bird xxx :clap: :clap: xxx

Edited by sarah snow
  • Like 1

You are a fantastic friend, so proud of you!

• Like 1

No way- at the final hour she overruled me and would not let me have a really shortcut as I wanted. I almost forgot myself and had a full-on tantrum but then realisation hit that:

A. She'd just cuff me round the head if I did, and tell me to get a grip my hair is shorter than ever before and that's enough

Her heart is fine,went for scan together recentlyat central place so we had to be up at 6am.....bless her, as it was my day off work she tried to say she could drive herself.

Uhhh....after they pump radioactive matter into you??.....YEAHHH,like I'm letting you drive yourself to that mullarkey :no:

She's great and I'm proud of her......but then, she always was indestructable xxxxxxx

I'm just arranging my next charity sea swim and my first 12 mile sea swim was going on last year, when she was diagnosed and was proper poorly and now she's doing fine but still has 5 months treatment to go, but she's defying people who never knew her,Doctor Sparkly Shoes's Trainee reports she never met a patient as positive and recovery has been helped by this attitude. She's out of the woods before that wolf has a chance to growl......we GRRRRRowl louder!!!!

sarah, you obviously love her with such a zest. I hope you have some-one that is there just to support you.

sarah, you obviously love her with such a zest. I hope you have some-one that is there just to support you.

Bless your socks xx I have Mum who's rational most of the time :tsu: and Dad's still compus mentus and we're off on a steam train weekend soon so honestly darling girl, it's all good I promise xx

Bought a big pile of logs for Mothers Day delivered yesterday.

Present from the dog, LOL,otherwise someone's spending too much money on silly treats :whistle:

I've got tickets to see Simple Minds and (VERY excited about them!) and a local band who are exceptional IMHO 'Show Of Hands'.

All is good I promise xxxxx

And I love you for caring xxxx :-* Heart of gold xx

Edited by sarah snow
  • Like 1

Bless your socks xx I have Mum who's rational most of the time :tsu: and Dad's still compus mentus and we're off on a steam train weekend soon so honestly darling girl, it's all good I promise xx

Bought a big pile of logs for Mothers Day delivered yesterday.

Present from the dog, LOL,otherwise someone's spending too much money on silly treats :whistle:

I've got tickets to see Simple Minds and (VERY excited about them!) and a local band who are exceptional IMHO 'Show Of Hands'.

All is good I promise xxxxx

And I love you for caring xxxx :-* Heart of gold xx

I wish I had your stamina and heart too, if friends were gold you'd be worth a mint!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I had your stamina and heart too, if friends were gold you'd be worth a mint!

It's what you do for your mate, but I am in a place where I had the opportunity to be there for her 100%. I never had children and so I still have a relatively selfish lifestyle although this week she has gently bollocked me for working too hard. But laughed at the hypocrisy, love her made me larf. So I love ya Misty Dawn but if yopu keep putting out these perfect vibes they'll snatch me from the street for illegal cloning LOL :blush: Then it will be like the atom to me simple brain and a memorable episode of Friends- seems like a good idea to investigate, but then a whole bunch of crap may come out :P

Simple Minds were AMAZING!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

• 2 months later...

Lynda had a BIG shock tonight. She is back at work and she it trying to tell me to slow down.....LOL

We just make each other laugh, trying to preach and then it's....REALLY??!!! HOW MANY HOURS HAVE YOU WORKED SINCE WE SPOKE?? xxx

I called her up at tea time today as I had found out SIMPLE MINDS are still touring, and she's finishing her chemo and YAY!!!!

WE HAVE TICKETS NOVEMBER!!!!!!

We're taking a couple of days and having A BREAK and she will be chemo free and alive and I feel like crying because I am soooooo happy

There was an added bonus, that even I didn't anticipate (apologies to non British Non 80s enthusiasts)

ULTRAVOX are Support Band!!!

Bird x 2 ARE OFF TO CITY LOCATION :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ultravox play good even now, I see and if we can sort a trip to London in (Flower's back to being a workaholic LOL but on call weekends, SHE says *Yeah yeah yeah) I am not going to bollock her because she is here....I nearly lost her xxxxxxxxxx

She's so chuffed about Ultravox!!!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCRUOY25N9w[/media]

Edited by sarah snow

WEEKEND BREAK FOR THE BIRDS!!!!!!!

I know it's not for ages, but for me, my Birdie is here, I love her to bits and we make plans for us Besties xxxx

Seen her suffer...... that's not good but she knows in the bad times I was there 24/7 xxx

She was an effing nightmare when she's getting a bit better LOL, perfectionist, and that's not my gig. One day you're picking sweet peas off the plant as that's all that can be consumed, the next you're........*private* and nothing will change my love for my friend

She's my compass. If I F-Up, she's always there xxx

I am a nightmare, I am so sensitive about stuff. She makes me realise that having balls in business is not wrong. Just tough.

That's Us xxx