Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Out of curiousity: about demons

ZaraKitty

Who here thinks demons exits? I know there's a topic but I think that's on summoning, I want to know if anyone has any personal encounters? Where do they come from? Are they real? What can they do? Do they want to hurt us?

• Like 1

Demons can find the front left exit of this Boeing 737, another on the front right, please look at the safety card for more information.

I think in my opinion demons exists outside of this world, in another world or zone.

They are not real.

Overactive imaginations, psychological disorders and believing in a stupid religion are all good explanations as to why some people think demons are real.

• Like 7

Ok,I posted this on another thread months ago ,*exhaled loudly*.

When you initiate into santeria,or Palo mahyombe,depending upon whom your teachers are,or padrino madrina etc,you must read the books of Allan Kardec.

Kardec was a French philosopher ,and allegedly spoke to a spirit named Zefiro.

Kardec documented all his conversations with the spirit,and asked him to explain ,"the other side" to him.

As a devotee to these forms of religion ,I had to read these books. Given I also follow certain other spiritual paths,it made sense to me.

I am not a religious person,but a spiritual one.

I believe all forms of religous worship,have a single origin,but people,depending upon their levels of enlightenment,see only certain aspects of the whole picture

Very backwards religions,like extremists of any kind,are NOT ENLIGHTENED AT ALL.

I know of no buddhists who have gone to war,in the name of religion,but just about everyone else....has.

Kardec,as per zefiro,explained the nature of the soul,and how it advances on It's journey,each life time.

Low,base,evil souls,do exist. For lack of a better word,they are just called demons,by the living on this side.

On the other side,they are regarded at parriahs,and they do not good.

Their entire existance is to lead the living ,astray.

Just as we have "guardian angels",who are also merely souls,of a different level of advancement,we have demons.

Christ,as per kardec,was merely a very enlightened soul,doing work on this side .

There are souls,so base,they have never incarnated,and they are what they call,non human demons.

They are old,like saints are very old souls,and have energies younger souls do not.

When i refer to demons,this is what i am speaking about. It's my personal spiritual belief system .

I've seen them,I've dealt with them,and some of us,have this ability .

If you do not have this ability ,I think It's rude,to mock people,who do .

I think It's similar to things like which hand is dominant,or your eye color.

Some are born with it,some are not.

. My suggestion to you ,is read kardecs books of spirits and mediumship .

What zefiro tells him,is very similiar to many Buddhist tomes ,including how a spirit looks,when not incarnated as a living person .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

I’m honestly not sure. I don’t believe in hell, well as such a place that you go to if you are bad and will be there forever in an eternal pit of flames. So if you mean demons as in something sent from hell then probably not.

But there is evil in this world. And I do believe in “something” after this life. So who knows what happens? I guess my honest answer would be I am really not sure.

• Like 3

I do not believe demons exist.

But I do miss your old avatar ZaraKitty. :cry:

Ok,I posted this on another thread months ago ,*exhaled loudly*.

When you initiate into santeria,or Palo mahyombe,depending upon whom your teachers are,or padrino madrina etc,you must read the books of Allan Kardec.

Kardec was a French philosopher ,and allegedly spoke to a spirit named Zefiro.

Kardec documented all his conversations with the spirit,and asked him to explain ,"the other side" to him.

As a devotee to these forms of religion ,I had to read these books. Given I also follow certain other spiritual paths,it made sense to me.

I am not a religious person,but a spiritual one.

I believe all forms of religous worship,have a single origin,but people,depending upon their levels of enlightenment,see only certain aspects of the whole picture

Very backwards religions,like extremists of any kind,are NOT ENLIGHTENED AT ALL.

I know of no buddhists who have gone to war,in the name of religion,but just about everyone else....has.

Kardec,as per zefiro,explained the nature of the soul,and how it advances on It's journey,each life time.

Low,base,evil souls,do exist. For lack of a better word,they are just called demons,by the living on this side.

On the other side,they are regarded at parriahs,and they do not good.

Their entire existance is to lead the living ,astray.

Just as we have "guardian angels",who are also merely souls,of a different level of advancement,we have demons.

Christ,as per kardec,was merely a very enlightened soul,doing work on this side .

There are souls,so base,they have never incarnated,and they are what they call,non human demons.

They are old,like saints are very old souls,and have energies younger souls do not.

When i refer to demons,this is what i am speaking about. It's my personal spiritual belief system .

I've seen them,I've dealt with them,and some of us,have this ability .

If you do not have this ability ,I think It's rude,to mock people,who do .

I think It's similar to things like which hand is dominant,or your eye color.

Some are born with it,some are not.

. My suggestion to you ,is read kardecs books of spirits and mediumship .

What zefiro tells him,is very similiar to many Buddhist tomes ,including how a spirit looks,when not incarnated as a living person .

can you tell me wat he said to him i rly want to know.

Who here thinks demons exits? I know there's a topic but I think that's on summoning, I want to know if anyone has any personal encounters? Where do they come from? Are they real? What can they do? Do they want to hurt us?

Demons are manifestations of fear. They do not exist as separate entity's. Although.... The mind is very powerful and can give them personality. these shadow personalities can have a life of their own, but they are still apart of the creator of them.

• Like 4

I believe in demons. I believe they are influencing people more and more.

• Like 1

I’m honestly not sure. I don’t believe in hell, well as such a place that you go to if you are bad and will be there forever in an eternal pit of flames. So if you mean demons as in something sent from hell then probably not.

But there is evil in this world. And I do believe in “something” after this life. So who knows what happens? I guess my honest answer would be I am really not sure.

That sums it up for me, too.

demons exist in your own mind. they are not entities that exist outside of your own fear and/or hatred.

those of you who insist you have dealt with demons (being entities outside of oneself) are either full of crap or delusional. simple as that.

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 5

The definition of demon that I use:

3. a person considered extremely wicked, evil, or cruel

So a demon can come from anywhere.

I believe in demons. I believe they are influencing people more and more.

Na, bad decisions are not influenced by demons. A crumbling, inadequate society is influencing people to make bad decisions, not demons.

• Like 7

All three synoptic gospels tell the story of how Jesus called out multiple demons from a man in a place called Gadara. He spoke to them and asked their name, they answer legion, for we are many. Since I believe the Bible, I have to believe that demons exist and can take hold of a person's life and body.

• Like 3

I'm not sure about demons, I know I saw a ghost once, so I don't think death is the end. I have seen something that may of been a demon, not sure, I know at the time I thought it was Satan himself. It was about 15 minutes after I woke up and it scared me. It was just standing by the side my bed looking at me. I was so freaked out I covered my head up thinking I'm just seeing things and it won't be there when I look again. Well it was, only this time it was standing at the foot of my bed. I stood up on the bed and told it in the name of God it was not welcome in my home. It turned around and ran out of the room and disappeared at it entered the hall, never saw it again. Made me wonder what happened on that property in the past.

I thought maybe it was sleep paralysis but your not suppose to be able to move or speak and I had no problem doing either. Plus I was wide awake and had been for about 10 or 15 minutes.

• Like 2

I read a book once by an author who's name I cant remember who debunked UFOs and pretty much everything else as demons. It got rather comical even though he tried to be serious. But I agree with jon von and jgirl. The mind is a terrible thing.

I have no personal experience, but I'm good friends with someone who has dealt with demons. I've spoken with a couple other people in the past that I felt were of sound mind who have spoken of demonic experiences as well, so for those reasons I tend to believe in them.

My approach to demons has been that I believe in them enough not to mess with them (summoning, etc). I tend to think that if you don't acknowledge them, it's that much more difficult for them to mess with or harm you.

• Like 2

demons exist in your own mind. they are not entities that exist outside of your own fear and/or hatred.

those of you who insist you have dealt with demons (being entities outside of oneself) are either full of crap or delusional. simple as that.

And you can make this statement because you know everything and anything you haven't seen or experienced is a waste of time? Physicists seem pretty sure that we are part of a multi-verse, if there are entities or forces of nature that can influence multiple dimensions those may be what are reffered to as demonic or angelic or ghosts or even ET's.

I have never experienced any of those except what may have been a ghost (or an overactive imagination, I was a kid) but I still believe.

• Like 1

Na, bad decisions are not influenced by demons. A crumbling, inadequate society is influencing people to make bad decisions, not demons.

You should qualify that as "you believe" bad decisions are not influenced by demons. A crumbling, inadequate society is influencing people to make bad decisions, not demons.

Also, obviously I don't believe all evil decision/actions eminate from supernatural evil beings, that would be ridiculous.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

I'm not sure about demons, I know I saw a ghost once, so I don't think death is the end. I have seen something that may of been a demon, not sure, I know at the time I thought it was Satan himself. It was about 15 minutes after I woke up and it scared me. It was just standing by the side my bed looking at me. I was so freaked out I covered my head up thinking I'm just seeing things and it won't be there when I look again. Well it was, only this time it was standing at the foot of my bed. I stood up on the bed and told it in the name of God it was not welcome in my home. It turned around and ran out of the room and disappeared at it entered the hall, never saw it again. Made me wonder what happened on that property in the past.

I thought maybe it was sleep paralysis but your not suppose to be able to move or speak and I had no problem doing either. Plus I was wide awake and had been for about 10 or 15 minutes.

My mom used to tell a story of a mysterious, and this will sound funny, shadow - foot that would appear and dance along the walls of a certain bedroom in their house. Just a foot, no shoe or leg.... and once it stayed for more than just a moment and actually strummed a guitar that was hanging on the wall. It was then that my grand dad asked it what in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ it wanted and it too disappeared, never to be seen again. My mom was pretty reliable old girl and did not often fib. The name of the Lord is a powerful remedy IF it is an evil entity.

I read a book once by an author who's name I cant remember who debunked UFOs and pretty much everything else as demons. It got rather comical even though he tried to be serious. But I agree with jon von and jgirl. The mind is a terrible thing.

It goes beyond that oh hooved wonder ;) There is a real and growing segment of Christianity that believes in the possibility that the "strong delusion" mentioned in the Bible that the Lord will send to people who have had a chance to believe and chose not to, will be an "alien visitation". We have been conditioned to expect something like this for decades and I believe it would be widely accepted by those who have no faith in Christ. I'm not trying to preach or proselytize, just mentioning a reality of the world today.
  • Like 1

And you can make this statement because you know everything and anything you haven't seen or experienced is a waste of time? Physicists seem pretty sure that we are part of a multi-verse, if there are entities or forces of nature that can influence multiple dimensions those may be what are reffered to as demonic or angelic or ghosts or even ET's.

I have never experienced any of those except what may have been a ghost (or an overactive imagination, I was a kid) but I still believe.

i made that statement as a rational logical human being who has no reason whatsoever to believe otherwise.

do not put words into my mouth, it makes you look foolish. it's always better to deal with what's been said, not what you'd like to twist it to be to fit your own agenda.

multiple dimensions being responsible for demons is a pretty big stretch there. first let's show that they exist before we start creating creatures that escape from them shall we?

• Like 2

Also, obviously I don't believe all evil decision/actions eminate from supernatural evil beings, that would be ridiculous.

Thanks, it wasn't clear. :mellow:

• Like 1

I dont think they exist, personally.

I would like to hear of other peoples thaughts, but ideally id like (like most people)

hard proof, LOL.

but still thanks,

Like to see what others have, experiances etc.

i made that statement as a rational logical human being who has no reason whatsoever to believe otherwise.

Bolded for effect. Some do have reason to believe otherwise. But that's personal to them and for them alone to figure out. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to attempt to jump into another's mind to tell them what they did or did not experience, or "meet". I have only my own mind's experiences to assess and judge. I won't trust anyone else to tell me what goes on in here, regardless of how much of a shining "rational logical human being" they present themselves as. Those words have become to mean so little to me these days. Maybe they will to you some time, too. Maybe not. But despite what you may be thinking right now, neither is inherently more correct than the other. It's only different ways of thinking. Figure out why you are right and you will start to have something. Neither side has, so keep cool. And I don't need to see you tell me about proving negatives, or the definition of science. We know. We know.

Sorry if this came off as rude, but I detected toxic levels of smug in your post.

• Like 3