Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

not crazy~ unexplained soaking mattress

haeson012

new to this~ so...to be a skeptic and things of this nature happening....makes me crazy?!

happened about a month/half ago. i noticed a huge wet spot on my bed, thought it was the cat. it happened again a couple of days later...thought it was the puppy.....got angry that there was pee all over my bed, i started to put the pets in the laudry room. it happened again. but it was soaked! and cold! i was in the shower, came out and my bed was soaked! got a 7 yr old but theres no way she can carry that much amount of water back and forth to the bed, also the only water that was running was my shower. i checked the walls, windows, air duct..nothing was wet in the room but the mattress. so i changed the position of the bed....it happened again..... odorless, colorless, and cold. soaked through. i took a picture if the last time it happened. theres an impression on the top pillow with the liquid, the bottom pillow was bone dry, ..the mattress under the bottom pillow.....soaked.....i can't explain it...i'm not doing it to myself..theres no one else in this place to be doing it...someone help me towards the right direction.....

• Like 1

Welcome to UM !!

Wish I had even a suggestion. Perhaps someone else here will.

before people say its aghost or a water demon, i recomend using a tape recorder and try taping it.

• Like 4

truly bizarre. Brian Topp's suggestion makes a lot of sense. Weird.....

Are you new to the home ? Make sure It's not coming somewhere from above ?

I've had stuff get wet in my basement ,where the floor under it,isn't even wet . It was from a leak in the pipes above,where the water ran from an area feet away from the leak origin ,along ledges inside the ceiling.

I mean you said it happened one time during a shower ? I would get a plumber in,before I would think supernatural .

Then ,if there's no explanation ,well then you have to worry you have a bed wetting ghost .

There was a topic identical to this a while back......Can't find it....

What is above the bed?.....Light, fan, fire alarm?...

I agree, pictures or video would be nice.

Edited by Sakari

Hello!

If this is truly happening to you, all I can add is night sweats, which can soak your bed or a prank by someone you live with,

or you are doing something in your sleep you don't recall or you are overlooking something.

• Like 2

Not to be disrespectful of your claim, but after reading your post again it occurs to me to question as to why you or anyone would be able to continue to sleep on a wet mattress. That would be ridiculously uncomfortable.

What, does it all of a sudden dry out?

Something just doesn't seem right with this story.

• Like 5

new to this~ so...to be a skeptic and things of this nature happening....makes me crazy?!

happened about a month/half ago. i noticed a huge wet spot on my bed, thought it was the cat. it happened again a couple of days later...thought it was the puppy.....got angry that there was pee all over my bed, i started to put the pets in the laudry room. it happened again. but it was soaked! and cold! i was in the shower, came out and my bed was soaked! got a 7 yr old but theres no way she can carry that much amount of water back and forth to the bed, also the only water that was running was my shower. i checked the walls, windows, air duct..nothing was wet in the room but the mattress. so i changed the position of the bed....it happened again..... odorless, colorless, and cold. soaked through. i took a picture if the last time it happened. theres an impression on the top pillow with the liquid, the bottom pillow was bone dry, ..the mattress under the bottom pillow.....soaked.....i can't explain it...i'm not doing it to myself..theres no one else in this place to be doing it...someone help me towards the right direction.....

My first guess would be some sort of leak in the bedroom ceiling from the cold water pipe that runs to your shower.

Try getting someone to keep watch while you have a shower.

• Like 1

Welcome to UM !!

Wish I had even a suggestion. Perhaps someone else here will.

i meant camcoder sorry
  • Like 2

My friend had the same problem so we put a patch over the hole and now he's water bed is dry. Sorry I had to go there. In all honesty make a list of things it could be then systematically strike them off also rising damp can be a culprit. :unsure2:

• Like 1

I've never heard of anything paranormal making beds wet, not saying it doesn't happen but have personally never heard of it.

I would also try buying / borrowing a cheap camcorder and seeing if anyone is playing tricks on you. Sounds a lot like a prank to be honest.

My first guess would be some sort of leak in the bedroom ceiling from the cold water pipe that runs to your shower.

Try getting someone to keep watch while you have a shower.

I suspect the shower might be to blame; in the short term you could move the bed or put a bowl where the wet patch occurs so you can catch the water before it wets the mattress. You might need a plumber though!

Edited by schizoidwoman

LOL,

Video record it, then see the results.

to me its the only way, unless this is a hit and run.

i took a picture

Can we see the picture?

Thanks,

Edited by Super-Fly
  • Like 1

What do you mean by soaked? In my mind that's quite a lot of liquid, like a pillow dripping wet, or a mattress being saturated to the point of needing several days at least to dry out. Like someone dumped a gallon pitcher of water on the bed rather than a glass of water.

• Like 1

nope...haven't slept in the bed since. im on the couch....and it happened again...theres nothing on top of my bed as to blackets....bare mattress .... last night i put this powder subtance that absorbes liquids and becomes crumbly...well just got home at night to find majority dried out.....so i vacummed all the powder/crumb off....it got soaked again....and the door room was closed off....went to go use the bathroom and notcied it was soaked...again....we took a knife and ripped open the mattress....the yellow foam is so soaked the liquid was gushing out.....sounds like a prank....but theres no one else here to do this ****...

• Like 1

imagine about 3 gallons of water just poured onto the bed....soaked as in it took about 3/4 days to dry...

using a hair dryer...air conditioner blasting ......used comforters to soak up as much up....that wet

You sure it's not a fancy water-bed that's sprung a leak?

(btw Did you know it's been proven by researchers that couples who share a water-bed are more likely to drift apart?)

• Like 7

This story just doesn't hold water. Sorry.

Only my personal opinion, but I'm calling BS on this whole thing.

• Like 4

This story just doesn't hold water. Sorry.

Only my personal opinion, but I'm calling BS on this whole thing.

Agreed.

And this is at least the third "soaked mattress" thread in the past year or so.

• Like 1

You can buy waterproof jammies, btw. Not sure what size they go up to though. (hope this helps)

1o6sy1.jpg

• The topic was locked