Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The End Of The World Has Begun

Shabd Mystic

Bio-diesel has its own problems. It works as a technology but it means a huge amount of grain that could be used for food is being used to power cars. An huge amount. This is not something that is working towards being fixed - we can only grow a certain amount of grain.

And how would you limit the size of families the world over??

Biodiesel is made from sheat of wheat; corn; colza; algea but not from grain so actually it helps the planet and as far as population growth ; Education for the poor! Don't make kids you can't feed! Another way is to stop giving money from the poor people of rich countries to the rich of poor countries, give them ... oh again Education

There is also more farmlands that can grow wheat. The downside is there would be a wheat glut lowering prices and hurting farmers or wasting a lot of good wheat. Of course we could export to other countries where there are food shortages.

• Like 1

If the "End of the World has Began" what I need to know, is when is is going to finish Ending,Because people have been saying this, before half of you( squabbling about Greenland),were born. The ice in the Arctic and Antarctic,freezes and melts every year,some years are worse some better than others.depending on a lot of factors like,ie:- Ocean Currents,Wind factors,Sun spots and a lot more.ONLY nature can answer the ice melt/freeze question,because weather "experts" have'nt a clue ,they just speculate like the rest of us...

I like how they use the headline of 'unprecedented'. That means it's never happened before. But then in the very same study the paper quotes, they admit: "Goddard glaciologist Lora Koenig said that similar melting events occur about every 150 years, and this event is consistent with that schedule, citing the previous 1889 melt."

What blatant misinformation on their part.

I guess it would also have to be unprecedented that most of the 'unprecedented' warming has already stopped. That makes two unprecedented events in one week.

Edited by Number Fingers

Funny how I ran out all of the sudden and you sitting there looking (all so) innocent whistling dixie, Paracelse. But thank the chocolate gods I had some forgotten hidden reserves stored away. I think you're trying to bring about the Chocolate Apocalypse. *angels sing deep baritone in the background* So I got my one pyramidal eye on you my friend. Make no mistake.

You hinting at the possiblity of future ocean front property? I've got some of that future ocean front property myself in Arizona, just can't seem to convince anybody yet to buy it. Maybe if I put a large ditch, full of water, around it and claim that it's part of the Pacific Ocean I might get better results.

when the end comes, it will be more than impresive. it will be terrifying. gargantuanly terrifying.

the worse fear that ever swept you in an instantaneous moment in your life, multiplied by itself over and over again.

leaving the earth is the culmination of every feeling. hopefully there will be some good ones in there

Good I can't wait. My back hurts, my hips bother me, I have bad knees, and now I have burning fungus on the bottoms of my feet. It can't come soon enough to soot me!

I need a new body, or at least a new skeleton. What I'd like is one of those duranium skeletons like the cyborgs on Terminator have. Man that would be sweet. I bet one of those things would never wear out. I wonder if I'd be fully sexually functional?

Art

December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world according to the mayan calender and to christians. when jesus appears and brings his wrath upon us!

back in the 80's if you spoke of climate change and greenhouse gasses etc ...

... then you'd be saying the place was going to freeze, not burn. 80s climate change fears were all about a new ice age, not global warming.

December 21, 2012 will be the end of the world according to the mayan calender and to christians. when jesus appears and brings his wrath upon us!

tumblr_ll7f04QCg11qk7yr5o1_400.jpg

when the end comes, it will be more than impresive. it will be terrifying. gargantuanly terrifying.

the worse fear that ever swept you in an instantaneous moment in your life, multiplied by itself over and over again.

leaving the earth is the culmination of every feeling. hopefully there will be some good ones in there

I'll be damn. You know I heard the exact same description from people who say they were abducted by aliens and got anal probed. To paraphase, their final thought, they said "it was the end of the world for them". *shivers* Anyway, you might be on to something there.

Care for a chocolate cookie? *nam, nam, nam* There soooooooo good!

[from 2 pages back or whatever]

you know very well i can't prove it.. i'd make some money off it if i could, eh?

you know very well i can't be assed bringing smatterings of facts or whatever you want to call them...

i was already trained to do these calculations.. [shrugs]

- you just want to see how the 'dumb kid' solved the so called difficult maths problem.. you want to see how i worked it out...

why? ..when you don't even have that final answer to even compare it to?

i just helped you cheat, and gave you that answer..

and you're still not satisfied? ...it seems some people are hard to please.

what was the term you used? - moonlighting ...yeah .. ok... you keep fritterin' away on that problem then.. us dumb kids are going to play now :st

[edit] lucky you - check this out (another analogy, only this time.. there is a smattering of facts that show how the math problem was solved.. you need only read the first post, ok.. it's not going to eat up much of your time..)

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=230803

Edited by unit

There are two distinct groups of people who see meaningful connections, where the majority do not. The unusually perceptive, and on the other hand the deluded and/or paranoid. Be careful you don't fit the profile of the latter too closely, Unit.

• Like 1

There are two distinct groups of people who see meaningful connections, where the majority do not. The unusually perceptive, and on the other hand the deluded and/or paranoid. Be careful you don't fit the profile of the latter too closely, Unit.

Going to disagree because they are the same type of people, it is the same mechanism within. For some it is expressed as creativity, for others schizotypy, and for others it could express themselves as both. The environment, how others accept us or not, and what materials we ourselves choose to engage in might have a great effect on how it is expressed.

@#53 Number Fingers: Unprecedented because this is the first time that scientists have measured such an amount of ice being melted. And similar melting events may have taken place every 150 years or so, but no one has measured how much quantity of ice had melted then...so yes..it is unprecedented.

Meh, if its going to happen its going to happen.

To me its about tax etc.

But still,

Thanks,

@#53 Number Fingers: Unprecedented because this is the first time that scientists have measured such an amount of ice being melted. And similar melting events may have taken place every 150 years or so, but no one has measured how much quantity of ice had melted then...so yes..it is unprecedented.

Unfortunately, this report doesn't mention anything about the true amount of ice which melted, only the size of the total area that did see "some melting". Of course, when the report refers to "some melting," this can mean refer to just the slightest bit of melting, even just for ten minutes that day. It'd be nice to get more detailed data for all this.

Many of these blogs are trying to trick people into believing that 97% of the entire glacier actually thawed-out. That's the most frustrating and disgusting part of things like this. Nobody can just stop and think for a second. Look at some of the actual temperatures. There were a few days where the temperature rose to 1 or 2 degrees Celsius for half the day and then went back below freezing by night. Rinse and repeat for a few days. On the last day of warming, when the temperature was +2 in the day, it went down to -20 at night. Anything that melted froze again.

They're acting like temperatures went up to 30 Celsius for the whole week or something and burned through the entire glacier nonstop and now the end of the world has arrived as sea levels rise and swallow us all. Why are people so desperate for the end of the world to show up? Probably because they know that nothing bad will happen and they hate the idea of it.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this report doesn't mention anything about the true amount of ice which melted, only the size of the total area that did see "some melting". Of course, when the report refers to "some melting," this can mean refer to just the slightest bit of melting, even just for ten minutes that day. It'd be nice to get more detailed data for all this.

Many of these blogs are trying to trick people into believing that 97% of the entire glacier actually thawed-out. That's the most frustrating and disgusting part of things like this. Nobody can just stop and think for a second. Look at some of the actual temperatures. There were a few days where the temperature rose to 1 or 2 degrees Celsius for half the day and then went back below freezing by night. Rinse and repeat for a few days. On the last day of warming, when the temperature was +2 in the day, it went down to -20 at night. Anything that melted froze again.

They're acting like temperatures went up to 30 Celsius for the whole week or something and burned through the entire glacier nonstop and now the end of the world has arrived as sea levels rise and swallow us all. Why are people so desperate for the end of the world to show up? Probably because they know that nothing bad will happen and they hate the idea of it.

Most sheeple are gullible, and prefer to agree with various government that will s-rew them than doing a little research on their own and find out the truth. It's the nature of sheeple and neither you nor I can do anything to change that! And it makes them look good to mention that between two kardasians comparaison.

They are talking about surface ice melt...that...to me...sounds rather vague. How deep is this melt? 6 inches (150 mm +/-)? 3 inches?

I do believe things are happening to our planet. I do not believe it is unprecedented. We know for a fact that at one point in ancient hisory, Antarctica was not ice capped. Was that man's fault....erm...no...it wasn't. There has been cycles of extreme heating and cooling over and over again...it is what happens.

I do believe we humans are making things worse. We are coughing our more co2 than ever before...and it is a cascading effect. When the permafrost starts melting, all the trapped gases within it will be released and that will accelerate the process....we might end up nearly like Venus...we are a little further from the sun so I doubt the temps will get that extreme...but I am going to guess it "could" get to a level that only certain life forms will be able to exist.

But consider this....Nature is a cycle...just because we are cognizant and self aware does not entitle us to immortality as a species. If the cycle ramps up at the wrong time...we go the path of the Dinosaurs and the mega-fauna of the last ice age.

You do realize the records show this planet has been extremely hot with no ice and has had cycles of "snowball earth" when it was completely ice covered...what has gone before will come again.

Edited by Jeremiah65

HHMM just the other day I noticed there is still some snow on a couple of peaks just out side Livingston,Mt.. Normally it would be gone by the middle of June, and they didn't really get that much snow this winter. Has more to do with the way our orbit tilt is right now. Ice core sampling is flawed from the start as in warmer times there will be NO core sample due to melt off during these periods. No ice core record would exist because the snow melted and left NO record. No way to tell how long those warm periods existed.

What a scientist says about it. HERE

Edited by cerberusxp
  • Like 1

Nope. It was named Greenland in an effort to get fellow Scandinavian settlers to move there.

Firstly, I didn't say that the earth was heating up. That's irrelevant. I'm saying that our effect on the planet is irreversible, and we will make it drastically less inhabitable if we carry on thinking exponential growth can continue indefinitely (it can't). Simply not wanting to pay tax and saying its some upper class conspiracy is selfish and naive.

If we all stopped producing CO2 tomorrow it would take roughly 30,000 years for us to effect the temperature of the earth by 1 degree.

Plus adding to my above post: They do not account for wind chill factors, drifting etc. now if they were to be able to say take a 2 mile radius core all at once perhaps they could get a better picture of the situation. What gets me here though they omit everything they can't explain away. Such as how the temperature dropped drastically for 800 years but the CO2 level remained the same for 1,800. After the fact that temperature rose then was followed later with a rise in CO2 by 150 to 300 years later. There are so many holes in the THEORY which they have never been able recreate in a LAB = BLIND FAITH. :td: OH and another thing water vapor is the number 1 green house gas so it would make more sense to tax the hell out of Star Bucks for making steam. Or should we boycott Star Bucks?

Edited by cerberusxp