Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why isn't there a dislike button?

OverSword

Huh?

Usually.

I mist a word... sorry I meant to say I don't you people to bash me over my cynicism ... mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa

• Like 2

Would anyone else like to see this feature added to the forum.

I just spotted this topic and it has already made me laugh...very funny...I think it would be funny to see a dislike button... I could go on and get like 100 odd notifications that inform me of how many disliked my posts...I think I would burst a rib laughing at that alone...Way I would view it as.. At least 100 or more paid my posts some attention :P

You know how it reads at the bottom right hand side of a post ? -> you and such and such liked this ...Well, imagine a post that had so many dislikes clicked.. It would read - You , such and such, joe blogs, and about 50 others disliked this post.. It wouldn't be long before it was over used lol

I don't know if it would create any ill feelings between members..because normally when we click on the like button, we move on.. it saves us time from posting up comments.. ( well for so many of them...not meaning all..as we like to share our comments too )... So if there was a dislike button, I could click it and not bother with my comments...It would save anyone from quoting my post and saying - Hey what give? and what do you mean by blah blah blah? ... Nah... I could just click dislike and move on.and avoid the long winded arguments... hassle free I think... just like I do for many posts I click like to...

I click like on dozens of peoples posts.. If I were to sit and quote each persons posts that I clicked a quick like to.. I would be here all day.. and frankly I do not have the time...So I like to give a quick read over and click like.. Just like I would on face book...

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

I just spotted this topic and it has already made me laugh...very funny...I think it would be funny to see a dislike button... I could go on and get like 100 odd notifications that inform me of how many disliked my posts...I think I would burst a rib laughing at that alone...Way I would view it as.. At least 100 or more paid my posts some attention :P

You know how it reads at the bottom right hand side of a post ? -> you and such and such liked this ...Well, imagine a post that had so many dislikes clicked.. It would read - You , such and such, joe blogs, and about 50 others disliked this post.. It wouldn't be long before it was over used lol

I dislike this post

• Like 4

Na. 1500 dislikes ?? I'd brag about it, no doubt. :P

Too right lol.. It would mean that 1500 odd liked your posts.. and 1500 others disliked your post.. so that means - 3000 people actually took the time to pay you some attention.so obviously it would tell you that you never get ignored... It is still a win win on your side..so yea why not brag? I know I would lol... :P

I dislike this post

:lol: Very good.. at least you paid it some attention lol

• Like 3

I think people would abuse a dislike button.. and besides people around here usually aren't too shy about commenting when they dislike something.

Personally, I don't really use the like button now. I'm not sure where I would look to see if anyone has liked anything I've said. Usually I just read response comments and see what they have to say.

• Like 2

I laugh about society....

So many people are worried about if someone likes them or not.....Popularity contests.....Cracks me up it does.

Like any of us really know each other, or will ever meet in the first place.

I don't like any of you !

:su

• Like 4

Would anyone else like to see this feature added to the forum. If you add it a swear I won't dislike everything Tigg's says :w00t:

If everyone agreed with what I said - then what would be the point in saying it?

Discussion is designed to create consensus. If Consensus already exists, then there's nothing to be discussed.

I personally think that the like button is shorthand for "I agree with you". At least - that's the way I use it, as making a post saying "I totally agree with you" is fairly redundant to the discussion. On the other hand - If you disagree with someone, then you should post the reason why you disagree.

These are discussion forums, after all.

I'd hate to see threads devolve into being just an opening post, with just a number of likes and dislikes registered against it. In general - that's what polls are for.

Edited by Tiggs
  • Like 4

Tiggs said it best. Bravo. :nw:

I disliked it :devil:

How about instead of a like / dislike button a sexy picture is a must for each female member?

I guess for the females, the males should do the same.....

Now, that would be fun !

• Like 5

I'd rather see another "Like" button for the extremely beautiful pics of our female members. There's too much disliking and not enough liking in this old world of ours, imo and nothing deserves a "Like" more than a nice pic of a pretty woman.

(Only saying the same as Sakari, I know but I never read the entire thread before posting. Sue me.)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

IHow about instead of a like / dislike button a sexy picture is a must for each female member?

I guess for the females, the males should do the same.....

I doubt Saru & the Moderation Team would allow pictures of male members. 'Tis a family site, after all.

• Like 2

oh dear, i'drather not. i don't see the point of the "dislike" button on youTube, it just seems to be for the convenience of trolls.

Mmm, I dunno. It kinda lets you know if that 'martial arts expert takes on 20 cops' video is for real before you spend 8 minutes watching it...

• Like 2

A bat **** insane button would be more appropriate.

• Like 5

oh dear, i'drather not. i don't see the point of the "dislike" button on youTube, it just seems to be for the convenience of trolls.

I find it useful, if it's got a high dislike it's usually not worth watching.
  • Like 1

If everyone agreed with what I said - then what would be the point in saying it?

Discussion is designed to create consensus. If Consensus already exists, then there's nothing to be discussed.

I personally think that the like button is shorthand for "I agree with you". At least - that's the way I use it, as making a post saying "I totally agree with you" is fairly redundant to the discussion. On the other hand - If you disagree with someone, then you should post the reason why you disagree.

These are discussion forums, after all.

I'd hate to see threads devolve into being just an opening post, with just a number of likes and dislikes registered against it. In general - that's what polls are for.

Actually I've seen plenty of forums with a thumb's up and thumb's down which keeps score and doesn't prevent anyone from posting thier own lame opinion too :td::tu:

• Like 1

Likes, dislikes. Tomato, potato. Doesn't matter what it is. Thing 1 and Thing 2 will end up posting their opinions anyway because you know how these forums work, they create stories for the unexplained numbers and letters and try to solve the mysteries of whether to have a like or a dislike button. And we all know how this ends. Or maybe not. Okay I'll stop typing now because sometimes my fingers don't know when to stop typing, lol. Like the saying goes, if you have nothing good to type, don't type anything at all.... hence the like and dislike button mystery. e9528.gif

• Like 2

How about yet another button for telling people who "Like" your post that you don't want them "Liking" your post and they should keep their "Likes" to themselves in future?

Cheeky beggars.

(Disclaimer: jokin)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

I think it would bring too much negativity to the forums. If you 'Like' something you can click and show support. Why would you want to go out of your way to tell someone they have done something that warrant a 'Dislike?'

• Like 2

Back to the question :

Why is there no dislike button....

When Saru was working on updating the site, he saw the section for dislike buttons...

None of them looked well, some were to big, some were to small.....None of them looked ......" just right "

Saru searched and searched for a " just right " dislike button, but could never find one.....If Saru could find a " just right " dislike button, we would have one.

That is my answer, and I am sticking to it......And this is obviously for fun, for those that do not see obvious things :)

• Like 2

I just liked every comment in here....

Deal with it.

This-Is-How-I-Roll_normal.png

HatersGonnaHatePanda.jpg

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 4

No don't put the dislike button, it will cause people do distrust each other it would stop people posting.

• Like 2

No don't put the dislike button, it will cause people do distrust each other it would stop people posting.

LOL...Does anyone here trust anyone here?

• Like 2

LOL...Does anyone here trust anyone here?

I trust a few people on here in a sense.

• Like 3