Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why isn't there a dislike button?

OverSword

i dislike the idea of a dislike button.

• Like 4

No don't put the dislike button, it will cause people do distrust each other it would stop people posting.

The new Tricky Dicky, It's obvious from other forums I've been on that having a thumbs up and thumbs down button does not stifle people from posting thier unwanted, unreasonable, and unsane opinions in the least little bit.
  • Like 2

The new Tricky Dicky, It's obvious from other forums I've been on that having a thumbs up and thumbs down button does not stifle people from posting their unwanted, unreasonable, and unsane opinions in the least little bit.

And that's how all really like it, right?

• Like 1

The new Tricky Dicky, It's obvious from other forums I've been on that having a thumbs up and thumbs down button does not stifle people from posting thier unwanted, unreasonable, and unsane opinions in the least little bit.

Yeah but the thing is, UM is not yahourt, people can communicate with each others outside a thread. Furthermore it's so much civilized to show a dislike by ways of words and other various analyses, or posting a link disproving the comment we don't like. UM is more like a big family, you don't choose its members but you can talk to them.

Edited by Paracelse
  • Like 3

I personally would like to see a "Vaguely Indifferent" button or an "I'm going to give a little electrical shock thru the net so you can smarten up" button. I'm pretty sure that I would get some use out of those.

• Like 5

I personally would like to see a "Vaguely Indifferent" button or an "I'm going to give a little electrical shock thru the net so you can smarten up" button. I'm pretty sure that I would get some use out of those.

Some of the websites I visit, for personal research purposes, have an "Oh, yes!" button, but you need a special mouse to feel the vibration. Sadly, I possess no such mouse. :(

• Like 4

There IS an 'unlike' button now...

Unlike.gif

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

That's always been there Abe, you can unlike a post only after you've liked it.

• Like 1

I REALLY LIKE your picture, Daughter of the Nine Moons. :wub:

• Like 5

That's always been there Abe, you can unlike a post only after you've liked it.

Never saw it before.

And that's because there never was a 'like' button before.

That showed up after the recent update.

• Like 2

Never saw it before.

And that's because there never was a 'like' button before.

That showed up after the recent update.

You're getting old Abe the eyesight is the first to go :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by Paracelse
  • Like 2

Some of the websites I visit, for personal research purposes, have an "Oh, yes!" button, but you need a special mouse to feel the vibration. Sadly, I possess no such mouse. :(

See? If I disliked that (pervy) comment, would it really have required an explanation? Would I have to say"Hey Eldorado, that comment makes me feel like and old person felt me up and now I need to sit in a hot hot shower and cry"

No of course not. The dislike button solves all of that painful typing and explaining to people who are really just trying to make you throw up in your mouth a little bit anyways!

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

I got it.

First, create a new account with the screen name "No-one" or "Dis"

Now, when you hit the like this button, it will read:

No-one likes this

Dis likes this

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Other creative variations are possible I suppose

• Like 6

See? If I disliked that (pervy) comment, would it really have required an explanation? Would I have to say"Hey Eldorado, that comment makes me feel like and old person felt me up and now I need to sit in a hot hot shower and cry"

No of course not. The dislike button solves all of that painful typing and explaining to people who are really just trying to make you throw up in your mouth a little bit anyways!

You're right of course. Apologies for my "pervy" comment. It was an attempt at humour. Sorry it made you cry.

I respect your right to hate.

Haters gotta hate, after all.

Bring on a "Hate" button!

(If you have a "Like" button there is no need for a "Dislike" button. A post will simply have no "Likes" if it's disliked or is just a "Meh" comment.

Simples.

If however, you dislike a post very, very much or a post has upset you enough to have you sitting in tears, you should respond with words. After you've dried your eyes, of course. IMO.)

Kleenex are good for that. Wiping away tears. So many uses has a Kleenex tissue, when you think of it....

*Blah, blah, blah, blah.. rambles on for hours*

:)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Apparently not everyone gets that the request to add this button was meant to be farciful.

Saru: Please totaly ignore this thread unless you want a laugh! :tu:

• Like 2

You're right of course. Apologies for my "pervy" comment. It was an attempt at humour. Sorry it made you cry.

I respect your right to hate.

Haters gotta hate, after all.

Bring on a "Hate" button!

(If you have a "Like" button there is no need for a "Dislike" button. A post will simply have no "Likes" if it's disliked or is just a "Meh" comment.

Simples.

If however, you dislike a post very, very much or a post has upset you enough to have you sitting in tears, you should respond with words. After you've dried your eyes, of course. IMO.)

Kleenex are good for that. Wiping away tears. So many uses has a Kleenex tissue, when you think of it....

*Blah, blah, blah, blah.. rambles on for hours*

:)

Don't you dare apologize to me for that!!

• Like 2

There IS an 'unlike' button now...

Unlike.gif

For some reason...........I winded up clicking that lol

• Like 3

I think it is much better for people to say why they did not like a post (as long as it is done in a polite manner) than to just have a dislike button with no explanation or reason given as to why the post was disliked :)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is much better for people to say why they did not like a post (as long as it is done in a polite manner) than to just have a dislike button with no explanation or reason given as to why the post was disliked :)

Maybe if the mods incorporated giving a brief explanation of why you do not like the post into the dis-like button and if the reason is valid then the dis-like stay's if not the mods wipe it off if it is done out of spite or whatever ( plus it will give the mods extra work to do :whistle: lmao )

I do think we need a iggy button though as I dont know how to and sometimes it would come in handy (not very often though but just lately it would) to have one on the post/s

• Like 1

Apart from giving the Mods extra work to do, dislike button would not make any difference to the forum's in a positive way

It would however be a tool that some people would alienate other people, by using the dislike button

I do not even see the reason why there is a like button TBH, although it come's in handy sometimes when I agree with/like a post

When I post anything it is not to be more popular or anything it is simply to state what I believe and to speak my mind on the matter

• Like 1

i think it was the 2nd comment on this topic: if you don't like something... just don't 'like' it

...dear god, i fear for that member, displaying such common sense (brazenly and openly!)

• Like 3