Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What music do you listen to?

Pod99966

The Shins, Arcade fire, Rogue wave, The fruit bats, Fleet foxes, Pavement, Bob Dylan, Blitzen trapper, Joy zipper, Nirvana, The Wipers, The Kinks, Mike Nicolai, Fugazi, Said the whale, The Tyde, Fu Manchu, Eef Barzelay, The Avette brothers, Coconut records, Andrew bird, The Hives, and that's off the top of my head.

• Like 1

I tend to be very varied in music too depending on my mood, but I tend to lean towards any kind of Rock/Indie mostly.

Usually I listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers, Deftones, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Tool, Pearl Jam, Hum, Radiohead, The Trews, Arcade Fire, The Sheepdogs,The Black Keys, Muse, Jet, Oasis, City and Colour, Said The Whale, Bedouin Soundclash, Rancid, The Creepshow, The Avett Brothers, Mumford & Sons, The Beatles & Queen.

I also listen to a lot of classical piano or just piano / acoustic covers of certain songs I like.

Edited by sarah_444

I'm mostly listening to hard rock and metal: Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, Rush, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Kiss, Alice Cooper, Rainbow, Pantera, Black Sabbath, Guns 'N' Roses,Dio, Def Leppard, Mretallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Tesla,Slayer, Iron Maiden... Not ACDC though. Led Zeppelin's by far my favourite band. John Bonham is the most amazing drummer I've ever heard, he's even better than Neil Peart or Ian Paice. And I just love Jimmy Page. But Geddy Lee is an amazing bass player and singer.

I'm also listening to rock: The Rolling Stones, The Pixies, The Who, Pink Floyd, The Police, Interpol, Pearl Jam.

I even enjoy listening to some classical music sometimes : Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Tchaicovsky...

And there are many other bands I like : AaRON, Dido, Eminem, The Cranberries, Blink 182, Coldplay, Linkin Park, Les Cowboys Fringants, Lifehouse, Oasis, Pete Yorn, Muse, REM, Radiohead...

I just love so many bands there's no way I could recall them all.

• Like 1

listen to neearly everything not a huge country fan hate dance/club music (despise it is a better word)

i listen to punk, metal, hip hop (no 50 cent garbage), R&B, rock n roll, rockabilly, psychobilly shutff like that i'd list bands and artists but that'd take awhile.

Edited by Iron_Lotus

I love to listen to this song, but every time I find it kind of hard to concentrate on the melody and the lyrics...

• Like 1

And I have the original version without all the (French) electronics.

It's from the 70's of the past century, 40 Burundi drummers playing a ceremonial song/dance.whatever.

If you love the sound of drums, this is it.

Edited by Abramelin

And there's this Dutch percussion band, "Slagerij Van Kampen" (2 women, 2 men), who studied the art of percussion with the Burundi Black:

[media=]

[/media]

Makes my blood boil, lol.

Edited by Abramelin

I like various styles - mostly R&R but not exclusively... I even like the Western half of Country and Western (which they don't make anymore apparently)...

Marty Robbins (his ballads), Johnny Horton, Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves - that sort...

From other forms of music:

Gordon Lightfoot, Al Stewart, The Chieftains, Clannad, Moya Brennan (absolutely love her voice), Horslips (huge fan), The Doors, The Moody Blues, The Who, The Stones, The Beatles, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Weird Al, Gerry Rafferty, Don McLean, Uriah Heep, Deep Purple, Donovan, Bob Dylan, Emerson Lake and Palmer, The Animals, ZZ Top, Procal Harum, John Denver, Thin Lizzie, Pink Floyd, The Eagles, Jackson Browne, (early) Cat Stephens, Black Sabbath (with Ozzie), Led Zeppelin, Santana, Planxty, America, Wendy Carlos (Switched on Bach), Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, It's A Beautiful Day, Fleetwood Mac, Simon & Garfunkle, Paul Simon, Styx, Kansas, Yes, Stevie Nicks, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Herb Albert & the Tijuana Brass, The Ventures....

These are all in my car stereo... I don't listen to radio very much at all...

edit: Almost forgot Roy Orbison, and Cast In Bronze...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

Taun, I like all or most of what you posted.

But I think Africans should be proud of their musical heritage.

And they tend to hide in the shadows for god knows what reason.

Mali... go search on YouTube, and you will find some great music, music these Westerners you mentioned often borrowed from.

[media=]

[/media]

Now this song is truely hypnotizing for me.... and I don't understand a single word of it. I love it, and I can listen to it for hours on end.

When you say "rhythm", you say Africa.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

I love to listen to this song, but every time I find it kind of hard to concentrate on the melody and the lyrics...

All I see is the cool snake .

Taun, I like all or most of what you posted.

But I think Africans should be proud of their musical heritage.

And they tend to hide in the shadows for god knows what reason.

Mali... go search on YouTube, and you will find some great music, music these Westerners you mentioned often borrowed from.

[media=]

[/media]

Now this song is truely hypnotizing for me.... and I don't understand a single word of it. I love it, and I can listen to it for hours on end.

When you say "rhythm", you say Africa.

I agree completely... African and Celtic are the 'Grandparents' of almost all most Modern Western Music...

Edited to leave myself an 'out' in case of serious arguement... :D

Edited by Taun

Im mainly into irish music like the kilkennys,cara dillon,christy moore and traditional irish andnorthumbrian folk and some of mark knopflers folk songs like the border riever.

I listen to mainly Rap/Hip Hop, old and new. Also like Techno and hard rock. Typical teenager.

Beach Boys, Oasis, Rolling Stones, Smiths, Kasabian, Ryan Adams, Kent, Caesars, Dungen, video game music, movie soundtracks, etc

"Proper" Heavy Metal; Death, Thrash, Black, Doom, etc. I also listen to quite a lot of Folk and Crust-Punk. In the year or so since I last posted on here frequently, I've gone from listening almost exclusively to Greenday to the former list - Times change.

I listen to much music...

• King Crimson
  • Spirit
  • Yes
  • Led Zeppelin
  • The Dear Hunter
  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • Black Star
  • System of a Down
  • Brand New
  • The Republic of Wolves
  • Pink Floyd
  • A Great Big Pile of Leaves
  • Damien Rice
  • Coheed and Cambria
  • Jefferson Airplane
  • 13th Floor Elevators

Just a few bands.

I listen to a lot of indie (for lack of a better genre title. Indie now a days isn't actually real indie but it's just as good) and alternative stuff. My current favorite bands are Oasis, Queens Of The Stone Age, Arctic Monkeys, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Our Lady Peace.

Also every few months I go through a strange punk/metal kind of phase.

RHYTHM "FOLI" THERE IS NO MOVEMENT WITHOUT RHYTHM

[media=]

[/media]

Go to 8:15... that is when my blood starts to boil, lol.

I am white as a lilly, and I think I was born in the wrong continent.

These are our roots.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1