Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who or what created God?

Mr.United_Nations

Absolute agree.

Funny how those with the evidence do not need to argue the case, but those with a belief still try to.

Very large generalization there, friend. I am a firm believer in the God of the Bible and His Son Jesus Christ but I don't hound people with it or tell them they are damned if they don't believe as I do. Because I believe, I am confident that the Creator will make Himself known to everyone eventually and at that point all doubt will be gone. Until then I am content with my faith and with allowing others to believe whatever they choose to.

We've never been to those planets you mentioned, so there is a chance that life is out there.

And maybe with some apple trees.

Very large generalization there, friend. I am a firm believer in the God of the Bible and His Son Jesus Christ but I don't hound people with it or tell them they are damned if they don't believe as I do. Because I believe, I am confident that the Creator will make Himself known to everyone eventually and at that point all doubt will be gone. Until then I am content with my faith and with allowing others to believe whatever they choose to.

Completely respect your point. I have no qualms with people believing what ever they like, its those who try and ram it into others faces of insist that it is the be all and end all when to date, we still do not have proof.

Some of my forefathers were Catholics and before that Celts, I have chosen to follow the latter, does not mean I disrespect the others, but i did ask them the question WHY, and as yet, it is not based on facts, but thats their choice and I will never try and sway them.

I will always respect the fact that some in my family and I, will always beg to differ on certain things, that`s life, but in my life, its not life threatening, unfortunately, in some religions, it is.

Edited by freetoroam

Yes I do.

Doesn't seem plausible to who? You? It seems much more plausible to mostly anyone with any scientific knowledge.

Why are there <10% religious people in the physics scientific community? Because they are the ones who understand the universe the most, and they realize WHY things happen as they do, and it has nothing to do with religion.

Why is the Earth so special? Why did 'God' create us out of nothing in 7 days and let us populate this planet, when there are TRILLIONS upon TRILLIONS of other planets out in the universe?

I suppose he created all of them too. I bet they all have apple trees too! :whistle:

Why do people always take the literalist view in order to treat the whole idea with disdain? One does not have to be an Atheist to not literally believe that 'God' create us out of nothing in 7 days, you know. Why is the Earth, you ask rhetorically, so special? Do you know the arguments (often put forward by people who wish to emphasises how improbable the likelihood is of life developing on any planet, however conducive the conditions), of just how exactly right all the conditions had to be for life to develop on the planet Earth? How if there'd been one or two degrees difference in temperature, or if it had been alittle nearer or a little further away from the Sun, or if the atmosphere had been just fractionally different, and so on? I think an argument could be made for for life to develop at all, let alone (theoretically) Intelligent life, thatd oes actually make the planet on which it occurs fairly special. Of course it's almost certainly occurred on, probably many other planets throughout the universe; but the same considerations would apply on each. I think the idea that God is the God just of this planet is a very outdated one that people need to get rid of. Of course God would manifest in ways particular to the people of this planet, in ways that they could comprehend; that's what the whole argument of "mankind of God's image (or vice versa)" has been all about. You really need to think of God on a cosmic scale.

What is it with this sudden surge on the word "atheist', why are some mentioning it to a point that they make it out to be another religion but against theirs??

I do not believe in god, i do not call myself an atheist either. The word has more than one meaning, and one of those meaning is "you do not believe in ones god", ie: jesus would have been seen as an atheist by the Romans, because he did not believe in their god.

I am not another follower of a word created by man to describe an alternative to religion.

I am not an atheist, and i am not a believer in god.

There you go, what are the believers going to call me now?

Origins of spiritual beliefs do not come from not understanding things. Those are the origins of mythologies. Two separate things. This is a widely held misnomer. I would be rich if I had a dollar for every time some misinformed poster parroted this

Origins of spiritual beliefs do not come from not understanding things. Those are the origins of mythologies. Two separate things. This is a widely held misnomer. I would be rich if I had a dollar for every time some misinformed poster parroted this

Not really, many mythological stories contain gods. it still boils down to not understanding, the Greek and Roman myths were based on their belief in the gods, explanations have been found for many of the lovely stories, its just the god bit some people can not get out of their head today.

Myths are stories carried throughout the generations, some based on gods, some are ghost stories, they all vary, so to say they are 2 separate things is a very narrow way of looking at them.

Ra, who was already Ra-Horakhty-Aton at the beginning, emerged from the waters of Chaos. What sits behind this event, and the waters of Chaos themselves, is the Great Mystery. All that occured before the emergence of Ra is conjecture and speculation, on the part of scientists and theists alike. The question is valid, but it is too big. I said on another thread somewhere, that when we can answer this question, then it is likely we have, to all intents and purposes, become God.

Can you imagine the time when the sun rose over the horizon, it did not just bring light, it brought life and death. its powers were beyond any man could achieve, at that time without the technology we have today, the only way to even try and understand it was to see it as a god. Logical? absolutely! The Sun disk was a force to be reckoned with, so surely must be a god.

Today we know better, but although we know it is not a god, it is still a force to be reckoned with. Without the curiosity of the past, we would not know what we know now, and still we know little.

Nothing created god, god is eternal infinite therefore absolute. God is uncreated, to ask such a question usually means one does not understand what a god is nor comprehension of the infinite.

Sun worshippers worshipped the sun as god, not because it was rising, setting, giving light and life and death, but because they felt it was a manifestation of god!

People have not changed since then, only technology has, we people are still the same, to assume because we have technology that we are more intelligent than those in the past is ridiculous, sumarians learnt of the solar system without our tech, so did other civisilastions, infact I would go as far as saying with all the tech and literacy we have today, we are dumbed down than ever!

Not really, many mythological stories contain gods. it still boils down to not understanding, the Greek and Roman myths were based on their belief in the gods, explanations have been found for many of the lovely stories, its just the god bit some people can not get out of their head today.

Myths are stories carried throughout the generations, some based on gods, some are ghost stories, they all vary, so to say they are 2 separate things is a very narrow way of looking at them.

Not understanding what exactly. The origins of spirituality do not lye in mythologies.

The big bang created god.according to the Bible he was the Beginning and the end. Therefore he couldn't have began before the beginning of the universe. And yes I'm assuming the Christian God as the God the op I'd speaking of. After he was created at the same time As the big bang he manipulated the rest of space. :x

Not understanding what exactly. The origins of spirituality do not lye in mythologies.

Not understanding the forces of nature which surrounded them. Today we understand moon, sun, stars. rain. etc etc etc more than then. They believed they were gods, hence giving names to them all names.

BTW ,there is a difference between spirituality and religion, here I am refering to religion.

The big bang created god.according to the Bible he was the Beginning and the end. Therefore he couldn't have began before the beginning of the universe. And yes I'm assuming the Christian God as the God the op I'd speaking of. After he was created at the same time As the big bang he manipulated the rest of space. :x

Bb was not the beginning. Only a transition.

Nothing created god, god is eternal infinite therefore absolute. God is uncreated, to ask such a question usually means one does not understand what a god is nor comprehension of the infinite.

Why not just appreciate the universe for the same reasons then, and cut out the whole God component?

How are people seriously contempt accepting in some being that "is eternal infinite therefore absolute"?? Why do people accept God without question yet they dismiss science and all the knowledge we have gained?

At least we have evidence from Science.

• Like 1

I'd say it/god was always there. That is assuming it is a metaphysical thing but considering we've seen so little of the universe, I wouldn't go ahead and say that our notions of time, gravity and life are all there is to know. Perhaps somewhere out there there is something that made us, perhaps this thing or god if you like, isn't metaphysical at all but a physical being.

It's al assumption on our part and it makes me feel that the human race is small and so unknowledgeable on such matters because we haven't even travelled outside of or own solar system yet! Who knows what is out there...thoughts like that almost make me feel that all of this talk is futile, we're just one little insignificant cluster of biology on a dot in the middle of nowhere...Sorry, wrong meeting! :blink:

Why do people always take the literalist view in order to treat the whole idea with disdain? One does not have to be an Atheist to not literally believe that 'God' create us out of nothing in 7 days, you know. Why is the Earth, you ask rhetorically, so special? Do you know the arguments (often put forward by people who wish to emphasises how improbable the likelihood is of life developing on any planet, however conducive the conditions), of just how exactly right all the conditions had to be for life to develop on the planet Earth? How if there'd been one or two degrees difference in temperature, or if it had been alittle nearer or a little further away from the Sun, or if the atmosphere had been just fractionally different, and so on? I think an argument could be made for for life to develop at all, let alone (theoretically) Intelligent life, thatd oes actually make the planet on which it occurs fairly special. Of course it's almost certainly occurred on, probably many other planets throughout the universe; but the same considerations would apply on each. I think the idea that God is the God just of this planet is a very outdated one that people need to get rid of. Of course God would manifest in ways particular to the people of this planet, in ways that they could comprehend; that's what the whole argument of "mankind of God's image (or vice versa)" has been all about. You really need to think of God on a cosmic scale.

There are also creatures that exist in high temperatures don't forget. Given this fact it could be argued life could begin in more places than we think and not require the ideal "earth-like" properties regardless of scale, at least for what we see here, abundant and varied life forms. Life is life.

• Like 1

There is no need to worry about what created what ultimately created us. We should not worry of things that are too far beyond our comprehension.

Think of it like this:

Can intestinal bacteria ever understand the sun? No... but why not? Because they would have no concept of the sun. But we humans know very well that the sun is indeed very important to our survival, and ultimately the bacteria in our guts' survival. Even given it's vital importance in the creation and health of those bacteria, the bacteria would not care about, or understand the sun.

Just as in the above example, humans have no concept of the creator of the creator. There is not enough information about such a thing for humans to be able to comprehend it. Just like there will never be enough information about the sun for intestinal bacteria to ever hope to understand that.

Edited by iforgot

I always wanted to know this but who or what created him? was it himself? created by other gods? a super-god?

Because in order of something to exist, he or she has to be created.

Good question...

check this out,

Rev. 3:14

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Is it saying in the beginning of god being created or in the beginning of that which god created?

there is only one other verse that has that phrase in it which is Mark 13:19, but the translators made that verse clear...

For [in] those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

• 4 weeks later...

Who or what created God?

I always wanted to know this but who or what created him?

the word "of god"

the "I am"

Edited by granpa