Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Oregon man jailed and fined 1500$

Simbi Laveau

Shrug, I don't think you got it wrong Simbi, you put up a lot of good articles. Maybe we just have our search engines trained differently, or we used different words in our searches and so came up with different articles. Maybe it's just because I don't trust media and try to dig out whatever the other two sides of the coin are when I read an article that triggers my WTF response. Personally I don't think there's an unbiased media outlet in existence anymore- there is no such thing as the plain unvarnished truth in it's entirety given in the news.

Here's a link to the 2007 court of appeals on this case: http://caselaw.findl...ls/1347290.html

If you read through it the article I put up does not exactly match up either.

Here's another bit of spin: http://aquadoc.typepad.com/waterwired/

Thank you . I try .

Thank you . I try .

Where we did not mean you should not try when we came hitting you with the hammer.

The problem with certain "news outlets" is that they are pushing an agenda, try finding a less dependent source if you find something interesting in one of them (like try to google the blokes name enclosed in quotes") and the story could be totally different.

Gary Harrington, an Oregon man, will be spending a month in jail, after being convicted on nine misdemeanor charges. His crime? "Illegally" collecting rain water on his own property.

Harrington, who lives in Eagle Point, Oregon, has been fighting for the right to collect rain water since 2002.

Now a decade later, he has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined over $1,500 for the man-made ponds he has built on his 170 acres of land. For filling “three illegal reservoirs” on his property with runoff water, Harrington has been convicted on nine misdemeanor charges in Circuit Court.

http://www.digitaljo.../article/329723

Oh dear... I better get rid of the waterbut infront of my house.

Its hard to read every story out there when something like this happens. Every one want to put their own spin on things. At least when you put it on here between all the members the truth might come out. Then when the visitors read our posts they might be set straight along with us.

Oh dear... I better get rid of the waterbut infront of my house.

Yeah, there's far too many people going round with ugly butts!

s9450.gif