Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Over Olympics Opening

Simbi Laveau

it was the good year blimp shliaaliens did a video about it

The BBC have a "opening ceremony" highlights video on their site and one of the highlights is the spectacular fireworks as seen from the TV blimp! The position the camera is in during the initial firework effect is the exact same position as where the "UFO" is located during the same sequence and you can even locate the same landmark features in both shots. Unless the IOC hired aliens to do the 3DHD footage, then the UFO is nothing more than a sponsorless (branding is hugely important) blimp and when far away and out of focus will give distorted views of it. Also, I have seen the actual TV blimp in a photograph circling the stadium taken by someone in the audience using a smartphone (although not during the firework, granted).

http://i.telegraph.c...it_2285858k.jpg

http://farm9.staticf..._ebe73319a9.jpg

Edited by ExoPaul
  • Like 1

TRANSMISSION. TRANSMISSION. FLY_OVER_OLYMPICS_IN_EUROPE_AGAIN_.END OF TRANSMISSION.

Looks real to me. Too many haters on here.

you wouldn't know what a UFO looks like if it bit you in the ass

This just goes to show how powerful the dismissive culture really is on this forum:

This puts to rest the theory that the Olympic UFO was the Goodyear blimp, apart from the fact that the Blimp was indeed grounded during the opening ceremony, no anti-collision lights or strobes are visible on the unknown object.

You're not the kind who's going to accept any down to earth explanations to any supposed UFO video? are you?

It's irrational to think that the blimp was 'supposed to be grounded' but was in the air for some reason... no that's absolutely impossible. it has to be extra-terrestrial space craft from the planet Nephron.... wait, you've never said that.

Look, It could be a blimp and maybe it isn't, aren't you a little 'dismissive' of the blimp theory? now?

that is quite a culture you come from too.

People! Goodyear has released a statement that it is, indeed, their blimp that was at the Olympics.

Now we know the truth behind the strange object spotted amid the pyrotechnics spectacle. It was Goodyear's "Spirit of Safety" blimp. And a spokesman for the company tells HuffPost why the aircraft appeared so mysterious.

To put it simply, the Goodyear name wasn't on the airship, even though it was illuminated the entire time.

"I can definitely tell you we were up in the air for the entirety of the opening ceremonies. I can't speak to what else was in the air, but the blimp was certainly up there during the fireworks," said Goodyear U.S. public relations manager Doug Grassian.

http://www.huffingto...?utm_hp_ref=ufo

Is it a coverup? Comments after the article are pretty evenly divided.

Edited by archernyc
  • Like 1

Right, so, we've got the olympic officials saying the blimp was grounded for safety reasons and we've got goodyear saying it was up all the time, who's telling the truth and why is one lying? As there were tons of fireworks going off, does anyone really think a blimp would be up during the fireworks? IF it was a blimp, then in my opinion it was an unofficial one that was there without permission.

If the goodyear blimp was up there, can it confirm it was in the exact same position as the object in the video, also, if it was the blimp then what was the orb shaped object that was in the video as well?

Where the hell would one get an unofficial blimp from? And does anyone think that the surface to air missile batteries around the place would allow an unauthorised Blimp to amble about all night without permission? You know how closely guarded that airspace is? I love how people are so desperate to stretch out a mystery, even when there wasn't much of a mystery to begin with.

• Like 2

This is not a UFO.

It is simply a Blimp, somewhat like the Good-Year Blimp.

The Olympics Ceremony is a pretty big deal so obviously the fact they hired a blimp shouldn't seem so outrageous.

• Like 1

Where the hell would one get an unofficial blimp from? And does anyone think that the surface to air missile batteries around the place would allow an unauthorised Blimp to amble about all night without permission? You know how closely guarded that airspace is? I love how people are so desperate to stretch out a mystery, even when there wasn't much of a mystery to begin with.

Yeah Im definatly not convinced that it was " just " a blimp up there I mean somebodys lying.

ok, i gotta admit that the object in the video doesn't look too much like the goodyear blimp. I'd like to know what the organisators had in the air at the time of this event, maybe their own air vehicles for birds-eye view cameras? It would make more sense to me than alien activity.

Who'd cross time and space to monitor such a boring spectacle? PLUS expose themselves while being present?

They wouldnt necessarily have to cross time and space if they were already near.

This is hilarious, an alien visitation was predicted at the Olympics. The full works, Close encounters stuff...

After that didn't happen 'believers' are now clinging to a few video clips of what is more than likely a blimp. Whether the Goodyear Blimp was in the air is irrelevant, the Ceremony was filmed from the air by a blimp (watch it again, you will see the aerial shots) Goodyear or not.

Unless these views were filmed by the aliens then given to the BBC?

Stop clutching at straws and get back to investigating 'sightings' that give your beliefs credibility rather than this 'in vogue' Olympic UFO rubbish.

• Like 1

It's a blimp.

Here's the blimp in a proper photo.

Closeup:

6293876535_050ebd7734_z.jpg

A little further away:

c34e0078e4.jpg

Now let's turn up the exposure, make it blurry, and we get a "UFO". WOW!

ufo3.JPG

[media=]

[/media] Edited by AlienDan

They wouldnt necessarily have to cross time and space if they were already near.

IF they were already here - would they give a flying **** about us puny humans sporting about? Nah, don't think so.....Plus: as somebody else posted above: any non-registered (and obviously visible) object would have been probably blown to smithereens, since authorities are still scared about "death from above" from Al(ien)-Qaeda..... ;)

You know, whenever i get bored over in Crypto, its nice to know I can come over here where the denizens are really, really wacky. thanks for being so much fun!

• Like 3

If this was an alien craft then they must have fireworks on their planet as they knew we were not firing missiles towards the craft. Anyway, it was a helicopter or a news blimp.