Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Marriage

TrueBeliever

well, hopefully more state govts stop listening to the obsessed crazy christian far right tyrants who think they have a right to control otherrs' lives!

The states that have banned Gay Marriage weren't listening to your "obsessed tyrants."

The matter was voted on by it's citizens who voted in favor of supporting traditional marriage.

• Like 1

The states that have banned Gay Marriage weren't listening to your "obsessed tyrants."

The matter was voted on by it's citizens who voted in favor of supporting traditional marriage.

OMG....the citizens religious views are why they deny others'...the act of voting only 'traditional' marriage and thereby excluding gay marriage rights is tyrannical..have you not heard their comments about how gay marriage threatens traditional marriage?? it is nonsense it doesnt prohibit their traditiobal marriage..it is just that thereligious far right think they should force others into doing things their way..even if they have to deny civil rights...and it is because of their religious beliefs. If you think otherwise...well, I dont know what to say to you. Religion is tyranny....just another form of slavery IMO

• Like 2

I dont watch the news every day my dear. I talk to people face to face....and I know the religioin I was raised in....oh they will say pseudo kind things.....then straight to...I will pray for them...or act like oh I have to love them in spite of their evil ways....it's not a sin or evil or a blemish to be gay! And it should be illegal to spread such nonsense...but I also think scaring little kids with hell should be illegal....or beating your kid because to not would be a sin! Come on...deny all you want there are some insane religious nuts out there and they are damaging and hurting REAL people, with feelings and rights........you have to be blind to not know this..they all brag about it!!

I dont watch the news every day my dear. I talk to people face to face....and I know the religioin I was raised in....oh they will say pseudo kind things.....then straight to...I will pray for them...or act like oh I have to love them in spite of their evil ways....it's not a sin or evil or a blemish to be gay! And it should be illegal to spread such nonsense...but I also think scaring little kids with hell should be illegal....or beating your kid because to not would be a sin! Come on...deny all you want there are some insane religious nuts out there and they are damaging and hurting REAL people, with feelings and rights........you have to be blind to not know this..they all brag about it!!

i wasnt smacked as a kid and neither were any of my friends who were christians, were you smacked as a kid? christians dont scare kids with hell, they are told there is a god who loves them. i didnt deny that were bad christians, i told you it was so. are you saying that there arnt christians who are capable of good in your eyes.

During the civil rights movement it didn't come down to what the majority wanted it, came down to what was right. It is not right to discriminate people, because of their sexual orientation. Not everyone is Christian why should we have to live under its tenets.

• Like 8

i wasnt smacked as a kid and neither were any of my friends who were christians, were you smacked as a kid? christians dont scare kids with hell, they are told there is a god who loves them. i didnt deny that were bad christians, i told you it was so. are you saying that there arnt christians who are capable of good in your eyes.

yes, there are christians who are good and who do good.....and they dont take the bible too seriously......they are more a cultural christian.....they are decent people.They would be good people even without a bible or a church.

• Like 1

yes, there are christians who are good and who do good.....and they dont take the bible too seriously......they are more a cultural christian.....they are decent people.They would be good people even without a bible or a church.

were you smacked as a kid by your parents because of your sins? texas sounds horrible from your point of view, im sure there are people who would dissagree with your opinion Edited by Ever Learning

were you smacked as a kid by your parents because of your sins?

you are weird........I was beat because my parents were mentally ill and indoctrinated by a severe christianity.

Now, I would like to discuss support for gay marriage. Thank you!

• Like 2

OMG....the citizens religious views are why they deny others'...the act of voting only 'traditional' marriage and thereby excluding gay marriage rights is tyrannical..have you not heard their comments about how gay marriage threatens traditional marriage?? it is nonsense it doesnt prohibit their traditiobal marriage..it is just that thereligious far right think they should force others into doing things their way..even if they have to deny civil rights...and it is because of their religious beliefs. If you think otherwise...well, I dont know what to say to you. Religion is tyranny....just another form of slavery IMO

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

you are weird........I was beat because my parents were mentally ill and indoctrinated by a severe christianity.

You said that christian parents beat their children and that you had a christian upbringing, im sorry if it sounded like a weird question but it was more out of concern. i woudnt wish abusive parents on anyone

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?

WHY IS IT OK TO ENACT A LAW THAT EXCLUDES ANOTHERS RIGHTS....IT USED TO BE ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN AND BLACKS TO VOTE!! WAS THAT FAIR?? OF COURSE NOT....IT USED TO BE LEGAL AND MAJORITY RULE TO BURN WITCHES AND STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH......that wasnt right either........you speak of fair, but I hardly think you understand the concept, let alone the practice.

• Like 2

WHY IS IT OK TO ENACT A LAW THAT EXCLUDES ANOTHERS RIGHTS....IT USED TO BE ILLEGAL FOR WOMEN AND BLACKS TO VOTE!! WAS THAT FAIR?? OF COURSE NOT....IT USED TO BE LEGAL AND MAJORITY RULE TO BURN WITCHES AND STONE PEOPLE TO DEATH......that wasnt right either........you speak of fair, but I hardly think you understand the concept, let alone the practice.

But now that women and blacks can vote, the majority voted for traditional marriages only and the minority in that state decided against. morality is decided by the majority. do you agree with this?

Edited by Ever Learning

You said that christian parents beat their children and that you had a christian upbringing, im sorry if it sounded like a weird question but it was more out of concern. i woudnt wish abusive parents on anyone

heres the point...not all christians are abusive or mean or crazy. BUT christianity, the Bible...it teaches and allows some serious abuse.....when you are told to believe something at threat of eternal death, and you read it for yourself in the book you are told is holier than holy...it is THE **** man..it is what will make you or break you...and you read that homosexuals are sinners and bad, flawed people..gays told to pray it away...beat to try and put an end to it..it is an injustice to common sense, decency and intelligence that children are subjected to this indoctrination. ...AND told that a loving god is behind it all......it is vile. and it isnt science! it is a book of historical accounts of a dark time for humans when ignorance was glorified and worshipped........and to still watch the ignorance and peoples rights be trampled on because of a majority vote!! No...I will never say that is fair..fair is not banning a right for another that you reserve for only yourself.

• Like 1

you shouldnt have to 'win' your civil rights.....but in this 'christian' nation I guess you got to fight like crazy for your rights.....

• Like 2

you shouldnt have to 'win' your civil rights.....but in this 'christian' nation I guess you got to fight like crazy for your rights.....

Im not american so im not going to pretend i know what your civil rights are, a majority vote keeps the most people happy. society would brake down if every one was a law onto them selves. people didnt fight for the right to vote to have the minority decide for them.

i think what bothers me is that churches/religions are so involved in politics, yet pay no taxes. If they want involved in politics and want say so in everything, pushing for laws NOT to be passed based on religion, then they need to pay taxes.

also i notice around here, people say 'i do not mind homosexuals, as long as they dont be homosexual where i can see it'

*rolls eyes*

so it is ok for a woman and man to hold hands, hug and kiss in public, but nasty and disgusting if two men or two woman do it.

I find this so stupid that I often wonder how they cannot see how 'off the wall' they are with their attitude.

Oh i don't mind then as long as I do not have to see it?

that is like 'I am not prejudice against black people, but i do not associate with them'

*sigh*

people sadden me at times.

• Like 3

i think what bothers me is that churches/religions are so involved in politics, yet pay no taxes. If they want involved in politics and want say so in everything, pushing for laws NOT to be passed based on religion, then they need to pay taxes.

also i notice around here, people say 'i do not mind homosexuals, as long as they dont be homosexual where i can see it'

*rolls eyes*

so it is ok for a woman and man to hold hands, hug and kiss in public, but nasty and disgusting if two men or two woman do it.

I find this so stupid that I often wonder how they cannot see how 'off the wall' they are with their attitude.

that is like 'I am not prejudice against black people, but i do not associate with them'

*sigh*

*rolls eyes*

*sigh*

my best friends make out all the time, i have no problem with them being gay, ive even gone to my fair share of gaybars on a nite out with my friends. alot of the things you mentioned people havent been saying in this topic.

religous people voting is completely different to the tax on churches, do you think religious people shouldn't vote

Edited by Ever Learning

The amount of single females in America is outrageous. These women are left to pursue things that are unfavorable.

Why we are supporting anything that deals with gay marriage when there is a bigger situation to face escapes me.

The amount of single females in America is outrageous. These women are left to pursue things that are unfavorable.

Why we are supporting anything that deals with gay marriage when there is a bigger situation to face escapes me.

What is the bigger situation? What does the number single women have to do with gay marriage. Men and women who are homosexual are not going to pursue the same sex because there are no mates of the other sex, it is their nature to be attracted to the same sex. I dated a bi-sexual woman one time she had a partner who little interest in me. Sigh... I am miss those girls.

• Like 1

Those of us who don't follow the Bible or the other two really don't care what it says. I don't live by the tenets of the Abrahamic religions. It is not a sin, it is natural state of being.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, the Bible has this to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13 King James Version

exactly.....and to teach children that this is ok to believe,,,well no not really...they just teach to hate them and shun them or if they embrace them they try to pray it away or beat it out.....i guarantee if they werent afraid of prison....they would kill them.....no doubt in my mind.....many evangelical US christians would...it is vile that this crap is 'protected' as a 'right', but someone wants to be married, and they are gay...no cant have that! idiots!!!!

Non christians have used religion for there own purposes, a christian that follows the bible knows that none of the commandments can be fufilled without love but some people enforce them through pride

Just a quick side note.. how come every post you make, and your postings on profiles status's double up.. Are you experiencing server problems? I know this is not on topic..I just wondered if you were experiencing server problems?

I don't have a problem with gay people at all, it's their freedom of choice to live the way they feel they should.

I get what you are saying.. but its not a choice...lol... What I mean is.. you and I do not chose our sexuality..we just have it..born with it..same with them.. :D

• Like 2

There was an awful lot of them in line getting chicken and it wasn't all sweetness and nice. It might be good news for you, but historically it has been bad news for a lot of Innocent people.

Kind of ironic isn't it, them lining up to stuff their faces with fast chikin to show their support for biblical principals? Last I heard they follow a savior that was about feeding the poor and meanwhile they line up to buy their fast food and support them good ol' Christian values, I believe the statistics say 15 people across the world die of starvation every minute. If they were supporting true Christian principals, they'd have donated that money to feed the poor, not shoveling chikin in their faces to pad the pockets of a homophobic fast food joint by raising its profits. WWJD? OH yeah, eat mor chikin, says it somewhere in Corinthians, I believe.

• Like 6

.....don't get gay married!

Seriously I dont see why christians feel so threatened by gay marriage. I think more will come around though. Look how many used to support slavery, and own slaves, and now they believe that to be wrong. They dont stone adulterers anymore, and they dont burn witches at the stake......so I hold out hope that they will see the light. They are just a little slow.....

I know, it's so simple, don't be gay and don't get married! But no, they must make sure their views are all that is allowed or the gay cootie virus may take over the world and turn us all into married gay Christian-eating zombies. It's a real threat........................really, right?

• Like 3

I know, it's so simple, don't be gay and don't get married! But no, they must make sure their views are all that is allowed or the gay cootie virus may take over the world and turn us all into married gay Christian-eating zombies. It's a real threat........................really, right?

exactly! I dont know how they cant grasp it....they need to wake up they are in some trance of ignorance and dependent on their drug i guess......and it really is sad becasue they can be so highly functioning and bright...then they start talking religious beliefs and their version of 'science' and its like what the hell!!??