Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seahorses ‘are facing oblivion in 10 years’

Still Waters

Seahorses could be wiped out within ten years, say conservationists.

Stocks are being savaged by the Chinese medicine industry which reveres them as a catch-all cure for everything from impotence to kidney problems and baldness.

Undercover filming found at least 150 million of the fragile creatures are now killed to make its products every year in China - seven times the official figure.

http://www.dailymail...e-industry.html

:(

• Like 1

Shame i like them, and the leaf type thing.

Chinese meds have alot to answer for, snow leopard bones and all that.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Yeah, Chinese medicine sucks. My friend spent £580.00 on supposed chinese medicine for his very bad eczema and all it did was make him redder looking. Mind you, Western medicine is also pretty bad and the Psychiatric medicine is a complete sick joke.

Some people will not rest until the only animals that are left,are the ones staring back at them when they look in a mirror...sad...very sad.. :(

• Like 4

did they not know that skyrim is out already, ive already completed dawn guard.

If they go extinct... will you change your picture Still Waters?

If they go extinct... will you change your picture Still Waters?

No way! .....I like seahorses and what better way to make sure at least one is still floating around somewhere. B)

• Like 3

Didn't I just say this a few weeks ago on the thread here,or was it somewhere else....I can't remember now.

The danger of extinction has been known for quite a few years now,and they will not slow up .

A call to stop their being harvested like this,has to be made,and no one is making it.

• Like 1

Yeah, Chinese medicine sucks. My friend spent £580.00 on supposed chinese medicine for his very bad eczema and all it did was make him redder looking. Mind you, Western medicine is also pretty bad and the Psychiatric medicine is a complete sick joke.

I've had peoples eczema go away with just a few treatments. Your friend went to a not so good practitioner of Chinese medicine .

You know,in China proper,acupuncture and herbs,are completely integrated into their western medical system.They are doing amazing things actually .

However,they have no standards for aceptic and osha issues,which are strictly enforced in the USA at least .

In China,they still use autoclaved ,reusable needles.

Hepatitis B is transmitted via acupuncture ,at an astronomical rate.

I huge percentage of Beijing has hepatitis because of this.

Shhhh,its a secret .

Ive always wanted a seahorse tank. They're actually harder to keep than a regular salt tank,because you have to get the filter jjjuussstt right. Seahorses do not do well is strong currents,so even a slow nano tank filter,makes the poor things spin around in the water,unable to swim or feed. They die is this isn't corrected.

No one makes slow filters . I tried once,and just got two horses,with all kinds of stuff for them to hold onto ,and they both died.

I never tried again .

You really need a huge tank,with a small filter ,to do it properly .

If I ever have some money,I'm going to try again . You cannot have any quick little fish with them either. Everything must be slow....

Maybe some tiny shrimp and pipe fish ,and maybe one sand eating gobi...

I miss my fish tanks...

• Like 1

This is really sad, 150 million being killed every year is mind boggling.

• Like 1

Stocks are being savaged by the Chinese medicine industry which reveres them as a catch-all cure for everything from impotence to kidney problems and baldness.

Undercover filming found at least 150 million of the fragile creatures are now killed to make its products every year in China - seven times the official figure.

I simply can't take another video of the desecration of the species of our planet. I hate people/humanity.

I can't look but hey, 10 years, maybe we can change. :no:

Edited by Mistydawn
  • Like 1

I have found when people claim something cures everything, it usually cures nothing. In 10 years I guess they'll have to find something else that cures everything.(nothing)

• Like 2

Stilly,check it out ! I might have to get one .

http://fab.com/sale/9142/?navEmail=1&email_user=oya999999999%40yahoo.com&utm_source=Triggermail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=2012-08-08_daily_sale_email&utm_campaign=Daily%20Sales%20Campagin%20on%20August%2008%202012

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...