Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

British Expedition to 'Treasure Island'

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

][/b]

A British explorer is heading to a deserted Pacific “treasure island” where nineteenth century pirates are said to have stashed a multi million pound hoard of gold, silver and jewellery stolen from the Spanish.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/centralamericaandcaribbean/costarica/9450737/British-expedition-to-Pacific-treasure-island-where-pirates-buried-their-plunder.html

• Like 1

its probaly not that much it may have 50k-700k i presume

Edited by tatornator
  • Like 1

Did Pirates actually sail around Cape Horn just to stash a bit of Treasure somewhere in the Pacific,I always thought that Pirates hung out in the Carribean waiting for the Spanish ships to go past on their way home from South American ports. I think this guy should check out his facts before wasting his time..

• Like 1

Did Pirates actually sail around Cape Horn just to stash a bit of Treasure somewhere in the Pacific,I always thought that Pirates hung out in the Carribean waiting for the Spanish ships to go past on their way home from South American ports. I think this guy should check out his facts before wasting his time..

The article explains why...

• Like 1

They best not find my ex-wifes grave... I will be in a lot of trouble :passifier:

• Like 4

They best not find my ex-wifes grave... I will be in a lot of trouble :passifier:

thats a really grave issue !
  • Like 1

If any treasure is found, remember kids, it's mine, I lost it. :tsu:

• Like 2

spud: Your thinking of the 17th century, this treasure dates from the 19th when all tyhe oceans were open to piracy

• Like 1

spud: Your thinking of the 17th century, this treasure dates from the 19th when all tyhe oceans were open to piracy

Yer I must be as ole Cap'n 'Enery Morgan on the Black Witch,never got round that far, we used to patrol The Spanish Main,keeping a wary eye out for any of 'Is Majesty's Navy,who weren't amiss themselves to having a go at the Spaniards. 'Appy days they wuz before the mast.
  • Like 1

even i fu find the treasure its the goverments

if u* not i fu* sorry :o

if u* not i fu* sorry :o

That's okay. Spelling is not important.

From what I gathered, the island is a World Heritage Site, or Preserve and they got permission to do a preliminary survey.

So, they will walk around, survey and make photos.

Then, eventually they might be able to drag some Ground Penatrating Radar equipment around.

But they will never be able to dig, and even if they did, like csspwns said, the government will own it (or the greater portion).

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1