Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Metal thieves target cages at animal hospital

Still Waters

Metal thieves left animals for dead after raiding an animal hospital and stealing their cages to sell for scrap.

Some 26 stainless steel and aluminum cages, worth about £30,000, were stolen after the sick animals were thrown out.

Two blackbirds and six hedgehogs died after the raiders broke into the Leicestershire Wildlife Hospital in Kibworth, Leics.

Some animals receiving care, including wood pigeons, collared doves and blackbirds, escaped through the front door, which was wedged open.

Others, including an injured swan, were left wandering around the building.

http://www.telegraph...l-hopsital.html

Wow...how heartless :(

Hmmmmm...for fear of being banned i will refrain from what i would really like to say.... :angry:

Edited by BrianPotter
  • Like 5

>_<

Read my blog post about demons Brian. I'm about to go do me some invoking....seriously ....

• Like 2

>_<

Read my blog post about demons Brian. I'm about to go do me some invoking....seriously ....

All i can say is....Good Luck and heres hoping....! :)

• Like 2

Hmmmmm...for fear of being banned i will refrain from what i would really like to say.... :angry:

Same.

Lets hope they don't do this at some science place with animal testing.... 28 days style... lol

• Like 3

Same.

Lets hope they don't do this at some science place with animal testing.... 28 days style... lol

Aye...theyll say the poor animals were on bath salts...testing wont be to blame..

• Like 1

Wow, guess scum will do anything for a bit of stainless.

Just tell the scrap yard to look out,

Any use of smartwater?

Thanks,

• Like 3

This is tame, these 'scrap metal' thieves have targeted hospitals in the past.

A Cemetery in Bow had some of the metal from its war memorial stolen, because local scrap dealers recognised the source nobody would take it and it was found dumped in a local skip.

I feel in these situations the people who buy the scrap metal more than play a role in the despicable crimes by making it easy to offload what they probably know are stolen items.

• Like 4

I feel in these situations the people who buy the scrap metal more than play a role in the despicable crimes by making it easy to offload what they probably know are stolen items.

Exactly!

There's too much money to be made from scrap metal and these folk who steal it don't care where it comes from as long as they get paid for what they can get their hands on. It's a sad state of affairs.

• Like 5

This is tame, these 'scrap metal' thieves have targeted hospitals in the past.

A Cemetery in Bow had some of the metal from its war memorial stolen, because local scrap dealers recognised the source nobody would take it and it was found dumped in a local skip.

Yeah, where I live here in the U.S. it's rediculously easy to offload most scrap metal.

• Like 3

Aye...theyll say the poor animals were on bath salts...testing wont be to blame..

Haha, well played. :tu:

• Like 1

Those poor animals. People that do things like this are a bunch of low lifes and the people buying the metal are right up there with them if they have reason to believe it was stolen. If you will notice that bad economic conditions brings the worst out in people.

• Like 2

There's a simple solution to this problem that has all ready been put to the government no cash payments, anyone disposing of scrap metal must be registered with the scrap yard and payment made by transfer directly into their account.

There's a simple solution to this problem that has all ready been put to the government no cash payments, anyone disposing of scrap metal must be registered with the scrap yard and payment made by transfer directly into their account.

This may reduce the problem, but I doubt it would eradicate it...

• Like 1

This is really upsetting, the things some people do just appall me.

• Like 1