Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victorian 'ghost' caught in iPad image

Still Waters

A teenager turned white as a ghost after the photo she took revealed possibly the first apparition captured on an iPad.

Charlotte Wearing, 16, got a big shock when a picture she took in the family backyard showed a man wearing a top hat and cape amongst the bushes.

The man, who has been nicknamed Jack, has visited the family home in Ward Green Barnsley regularly over the last four years.

http://www.dailymail...iPad-image.html

i have a photo app on my mobile phone that lets me add ghosts to pictures, and it looks quite convincing, I've fooled my family into believing the cellar is haunted before lol. but i don't know :/

• Like 3

Can the folks at the DM not Google "ghost capture" and see the top hat guy is one of the choices?

• Like 3

As soon as I read the title, I thought "App!"

Good catch rafterman. The Daily Mail is definetly lacking in the verification deperatment. Weak!

Ghost app - looks like the guy below in the top hat.

ghost-capture-ghosts.jpg

Nibs

• Like 5

Does the daily fail have shares in this app or something? It runs a story with an obvious 'ghost app' photo almost every week.

What's this,what's this !?!,

....what's this what's this what's this !?!

Does the daily fail have shares in this app or something? It runs a story with an obvious 'ghost app' photo almost every week.

it's human interest for them and as ever one knows, there is always a sucker.
  • Like 1

Just looks like part of the bush to me.

• Like 1

App. The fact that the picture was taken on a iPad reinforces it. Looking through the App Store on my iPod, here are a few examples of ghost picture apps:

GhostBooth

Snap Ghost

Ghost Prank Camera

Maybe when I have the time, I'll make an example.

Fake, thumbs down. :td:

Can the folks at the DM not Google "ghost capture" and see the top hat guy is one of the choices?

The Daily Mail's articles on exist to to bring you to the site and drive up hits. The only reason to read the Fail is for fun, it's a rag paper of Weekly World News quality, just presented as being serious.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The ghost app isn't anywhere as obvious as you think. I suspect most people have never heard of it. I never knew it existed until yesterday.

And people likes reading ghost stories. It's stories like this which make The Daily Mail the second-most popular British newspaper after The Sun.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

The ghost app isn't anywhere as obvious as you think.

It's obvious to anyone familiar with dealing with claimed ghost pics.
And people likes reading ghost stories.
That fact that people enjoy reading about X is no excuse for publishing stories about X of questionable truth (and in many of the Daily Mail's photos, have since been proven to be hoaxes). I suspect they don't give a toss about the truth of ghost stories, if someone brings them some silly pic with a ghost in it alongside a made-up story about how they were shocked to look at their photos when they uploaded them to their computer only to see a ghost, they'll just run with it if they have space to fill knowing that there are enough gullible people in the world to be taken in by this kind of nonsense. Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

*Bangs head* Why? Oh my god. That's clearly fake. -,-

• Like 1

Being from the U.S. its easy to gather that the Daily Mail is a rubbish publication from all the funny posts you guys put up. Can you guys in the UK tell us who are not in the know, what happens to the people who do these horribly hoaxed spoofs for that paper after they get called out on it? Do they get ridiculed? Do they ever show their faces again in public? LOL I'm just curious how one gets a story done on something that supposed to be real, is clearly an iPad app that is known far and wide, and then expect to be famous from it...or for that matter infamous. Or do they just chalk it up is their 15 minutes of fame from being starved from any sort of real life?? I can't imagine having my face plastered huge in a publication all for a horribly pulled off spoof...and then think I'm cool somehow - when in fact you come off as a bigger tool than ever...

Edited by Sheetz

mza_3158782238561635126.320x480-75.jpg

ghost-capture-ghosts.jpg

Top left, second over......

• Like 1

App. The fact that the picture was taken on a iPad reinforces it. Looking through the App Store on my iPod, here are a few examples of ghost picture apps:

GhostBooth

Snap Ghost

Ghost Prank Camera

Maybe when I have the time, I'll make an example.

Fake, thumbs down. :td:

I guess I can't use them because I have an old model iPad. Ah well.

mza_3158782238561635126.320x480-75.jpg

ghost-capture-ghosts.jpg

Top left, second over......

The only thing missing....a button for direct publishing to UM!!! LOL

• Like 1