Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Destination Truth

stevemagegod

What Ameazes me about this Show is that have been to every Single Continent on this Planet. Even ******* Antartica. The only place they havent been to is Space and or High Earth Alltitude. I love all the Countries that they go to. I guess thats why i keep watching this show and josh gates is hillarious to. But how do they afford these trips? Especially the one to Antartica. I mean they go to the worlds most remote places imginable. Does the Syfy channel pay them out of there own pocket or does each team member have to pay for there own plane tickets?

And talk about taking time out of your personnel/Family lives. But i would do it in a Heart beat just to go to the countries see the history searching for cryptids,aliens, and Ghosts. How many people can say they have been to Antartica?

• Like 1

Josh Gates is hilarious. My favorite part of any episode is whenever they're in town messing around.

• Like 1

How many people can say they have been to Antartica?

My mom just went to Antarctica at 85-years-old! All I got was a lousy T-shirt, no photos of cryptids. :no:

Yeah, it can be a decent enough show when it's not being too dumb. I personally like the ghost segments better, because the crew couldn't know any less about outdoor investigations. I've heard rabbits that are louder than what they thing a sasquatch sounds like. I did love the one where they checked out the caves in Chile (I think it was Chile, somewhere in South America).

Even though they never manage to catch any monsters, I still love the show. It's the places they go and the things they do in pursuit of these critters that's so entertaining. Josh Gates is just so darn funny, the places they visit so fascinating...you just don't care if they find any monsters or not!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

DT is the only paranormal show that I actually make sure I watch. Gates and the crew are funny as hell.

And while I'm a pretty hardcore skeptic and certainly don't believe in ghosts, the image they captured at Masada does give me pause.

• Like 1

Hand down my favorite paranormal show. Actually, I like to think of it more of a "travel" show. They immerse themselves in the culture and local folklore and seem to relish that they get to travel the world. They don't take themselves too seriously and have great team chemistry. One of my favorite lines was "nobody's better at almost catching monsters than us."

• Like 1

Destination Truth is one of my favorite shows Josh Gates and his whole crew are extremely funny and even if they see nothing at all its overall entertaining.I also love how Ryder gets spooked so easily and just starts letting the cuss words fly :tsu:

Hands down the most compelling paranormal show on television... tons of fun and there is no use of remote "gadgets" that supposedly can contact or track the paranormal... as for the other guys how about letting a technician or scientist dissect and analyze those "ghost" boxes with those fancy lights and beeps and bleeps and digital voices?

Weren't those devices built by 'techs or scientists'?

Allegedly, but lets have techs and scientists not associated with these programs take a look inside them and describe to us how they tick.

Josh is a funny guy, but I don't like how the show goes to two different locations each week. It should be one per week and the investigations should be more substantial than them running around in the dark with night vision goggles and then cutting to commercial every time someone sees a shadow or hears a weird noise. I like the interviews and the talks with the experts, and the locals as well, but I could do without seeing a bunch of clueless people bumping into each other and tripping at night.

That said, the episode where they look for elves in Iceland was awesome. Josh was absolutely hilarious in that one.

Edited by TheCosmicMind
  • Like 1

DT is a great show. Without a doubt some level of production goes on, but their intentions seem genuine. It is pretty much the only show that I put much faith in. They have caught some amazing footage, and then in other shows..nothing..that is the true nature of the field. Any show that is pretending to find incredible results every time is pretty much having one at your expense. Plus, Josh Gates is a member of the explorers club..and i think that is cool.

You would be surprised how cheap it is to fly around the globe once you collect miles.

They pack up and leave tooo fast.

Ya i agree. Its like as soon as they get close to finding something there like o okay lets get out of here. Although if i were in there position i would probably want to leave to considering the ridicously amount time it takes for them to come back to the states.

Ya i agree. Its like as soon as they get close to finding something there like o okay lets get out of here. Although if i were in there position i would probably want to leave to considering the ridicously amount time it takes for them to come back to the states.

Also consider the fact that the film has to be edited to fit the segment.

Josh is funny, but hell, they might actually find or film a monster if they were a little quieter. They are noisey.

I have to agree that Destination Truth is one of, if not the only, fairly well produced show out there on the "paranormal".

I appreciate that they don't always come to a concrete conclusion but also don't immediately attribute the unexplained to the paranormal either. What is nice is that the crew doesn't act stupid or dole ou this canned "surprise" when they hear something.

The places they go to is really cool though.

I love the show. I too get a bit miffed at the cut to commercial break and them then running home on the shows return before finding anything. Still it's very amusing and can be interesting

I suspect that the producers pay for the production and travel expenses of the show (And for shows like it - Ghosthunters as well) and then the show is sold to SyFy. Which means that, even with those expenses, these types of shows are a lot less costly for SyFy to buy and air than something like Battlestar Galactica was. After all, it's cheaper to go to Antarctica than it is to build the extensive sets and do the CGI that the scripted shows require.

Which, put bluntly, is why "reality" shows are so prevalent right now - they are cheap compared to scripted shows.