Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wall Knocking

Angel123 then gone

My grandpa passed away two years ago this July. When I took my son with me to visit him before he died I knew this was it and I didn't know exactly how to approach it especially having my kid with me. I brought him into the room and he didn't want to look toward my grandpa but instead kept putting his head back on my shoulder and wanted to leave. It was weird seeing him the way he was with a tumor on his chest and what not but I still wanted to ask him anything he wanted to talk about and wanted him to know that I knew God existed just based on what I have seen etc. From a young age and my father who died twice on a hospital bed when I was really young and told me what he saw.

After my father had ulcerative colitis... My family visited a cemetery ( QUEEN OF HEAVEN in hillside Illinois )

Honestly I was really young 6-7 years old and to this day being 29, I still remember everything I witnessed there and have proof of it in my dads photo album. I saw things that you can't explain and if you tried to people thought you were crazy. That's another story alone.

I didn't want to bring up anything that would be stupid to talk about or whatever else knowing the situation ( he had two weeks to live. ) We talked about small stuff, white sox, president etc. When I left their house my son looked at me in his car seat and asked me, " you ok daddy?"

From there I put my sunglasses on and replied "yea I'm ok" and cried the entire way home. My kid got to me by asking me a question like that.

Anyway, after my visit I knew that would be the last time I saw my grandpa alive and it hurt. He was 88 when he passed away but had cancer and a huge lump on his chest. I was 27 when he passed on and thought it would be easier....

when I got home and thought about things and prayed and cried etc. It lasted 3 days... I wasn't myself and it wasn't easy. I wrote a bunch of things on my computer without even thinking twice or blinking for that matter. I was taken away by how I saw him last and what I wanted to say to him.

I remember sitting on my couch writing a eulogy for him and what I thought about life in general. My wife was pregnant with our second child at the time and was upstairs sleeping. I was reviewing what I wrote about him etc. Asking him if he can show me he's "there" (heaven).

I was alone on the couch downstairs and all the sudden heard a cathedral type of knock (not sure how many but it was LOUD!) I was a little shaken and got scared / goosebumps. I went upstairs and woke my wife up asking if she heard anything because of how loud it was and didn't think she would be able to not hear it. She replied "what? No I didn't hear anything" and went back to sleep. I was going nuts and it made me even more scared / suspicious.

I went back downstairs and it happened again. I asked my wife a second time if she heard it and she replied "no, what are you hearing?" Then I knew it was more powerful. I knew my grandpa heard my crying prayer and the story gets even better when my younger brother visited from an hour away and heard the same thing.

Edited by JeffMarks120616
  • Like 2

I was alone on the couch downstairs and all the sudden heard a cathedral type of knock (not sure how many but it was LOUD!) I was a little shaken and got scared / goosebumps. I went upstairs and woke my wife up asking if she heard anything because of how loud it was and didn't think she would be able to not hear it. She replied "what? No I didn't hear anything" and went back to sleep. I was going nuts and it made me even more scared / suspicious.

After all that, you then realize, oh, there's someone at the front door.

:lol:

Kidding, of course.

Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to UM.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I, too, have incidents where I hear knocks on the wall or my bedroom door at night.

I was just searching the internet to see if other people have this experience and came across this forum.

I've been hearing knocks for quite some time. The last incident was Thursday night, or early Friday morning.

In the past the knocks haven't been very loud, but this last one was quite loud.

It was exactly at 5:24 AM this past Friday morning. (today is Saturday evening). It was so loud, and woke me up from a deep sleep.

I usually have trouble sleeping, so The past couple months I've been taking a sleep aid prescribed by my doctor to help me sleep.

My point to that is that I was quite deeply asleep, and the knocks woke me up. My feet never few to the floor so fast.

I went to the door and opened it, but no one there, and there shouldn't have been of course, because I live alone, and I have an alarm on the house,

so if anyone had come in, the alarm would have gone off before they got to my bedroom door.

So that's my story, and I was just wondering, anyone who has had this experience, do you ever get it resolved or get it to stop?

I noticed where someone mentioned they usually have a death in the family close to the knocks, but I have not had that

happen in my family, as of yet. The incidents don't seem to be related to anything in my life, as that I can figure out.

I just wonder if I should "see" someone, a counselor, a psychologist or psychiatrist?

Has anyone here "seen" anyone and can you give the outcome?

My incidents do not happen every night, usually every few months, or so, I will have an incident.

Edited by Catlyn

• 3 months later...

Something similar happened to me at my old house. There'd been this quiet knocking on my wall for a few months, it'd knock once about every 20 seconds. I never really paid any attention to it, since I figured it was just sounds from something like plumbing. The knocking was on the wall just above the head of my bed. One night while I was trying to fall asleep, I was listening to it and, being the superstitious person that I am, rose my hand to the wall above my head and knocked on the wall 4 times. A moment later, it knocked the exact rhythm back to me. It scared the hell out of me tbh. Like I said, it only ever knocked at about a 20-30 second interval. Then I remember jumping out of bed and going out into the hall, and I told my mother that I wasn't sleeping in that room anymore. The knocking was still there and I moved bedrooms till we moved out a few months later.

There were also two other things that happened before this. Once, my mom and I were making food in the kitchen- no one else was in there. We'd set the garbage can on a chair a while ago and the two of us were on the opposite side of the room from it. All of a sudden, it just fell over. The other thing was when I was home alone one and I was in my room in the basement. I wasn't expecting anyone to come home for several hours. Then I heard footsteps upstairs. I kid you not, I swore someone was breaking into my house. I ran to my room and got something to use as a weapon and sneaked upstairs. After looking around for a few minutes, no one was there and all the doors were still locked.

• 7 months later...

Hello, I am so glad that I found this site and this post. Okay here it is,

My brother passed about a month and a half ago of an accidental shooting and I have been experiencing strange unexplained patterned knocks on my wall for the past 4 days. I say patterned because the knocks are a distinctive pattern and all the same. Now, I have lived in this house with my boyfriend for three years and this had just started happening. The first time it happened it was just my four dogs and myself in the livingroom and my man was asleep in the bedroom.. At first I thought maybe someone was tapping lightly at the front door but when I looked noone was there. I know I wasn't crazy because my dogs heard it as well but they didn't bark.I then, woke my boyfriend up and told him I thought someone might be outside so he got up, checked and saw noone or nothing. There have been three incidents since then, my dogs and I being the only ones to here the knock. Last night, thank goodness, my boyfriend and I were in the livingroom watching a movie and the knock came again and it seemed slightly louder, I just assumed it was so it could be heard over the sound of the television, which it was by the both of us as well as the dogs. Could this be my brother? I've added a couple of pictures of my brother ,Robert Browning . He loved his life.He was a professional skydiver and a Flying Elvi. BTW, my boyfriends name is also Robert. If that helps the top picture is of my brothers ashes being released by the Flying Elvi's and the bottom is him jumping out of a hot air balloon. BLUE SKIES Forever Robert I love you. 

FB_IMG_1473983355416.jpg

FB_IMG_1473746828025.jpg

Edited by Tianilynn
  • Like 1

This is just crazy! We have had friends over now who have heard the knocking and now, it seems to be a little more aggressive with the knocking. Sometime they are pretty loud now and definately alot more . Even at different places throughout the house. For about a month or so , even before the knocking started, I would tell my boyfriend that it feels as if someone is very lightly brushing their hand on my skin , sometimes my face, my leg but on my hands and arms the most. Does this sound familiar at all to anyone else? Should we be worried? I keep wondering if it could be my brother who past 2 months ago on the 31st. Any one ? 

Welcome to UM Tianilynn :st

You might want to get your house checked by an exterminator- quite often critters like mice, chipmunks, squirrels, raccoons, bats, and so on can get into our walls. And sometimes their activity sounds like knocking. I've experienced this myself a few times over the years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tianilynn said:

This is just crazy! We have had friends over now who have heard the knocking and now, it seems to be a little more aggressive with the knocking. Sometime they are pretty loud now and definately alot more . Even at different places throughout the house. For about a month or so , even before the knocking started, I would tell my boyfriend that it feels as if someone is very lightly brushing their hand on my skin , sometimes my face, my leg but on my hands and arms the most. Does this sound familiar at all to anyone else? Should we be worried? I keep wondering if it could be my brother who past 2 months ago on the 31st. Any one ? 

It does sound familiar, and no, I don't think you need to be concerned. And if you and your brother were very close, it may well be why this is happening.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

My father, step mother and me were laughing and talking in the kitchen one day when all of sudden there was knocking coming from within the wall. The thing is the intensity of it was so loud. It sounded as if there were dozens of people outside the house knocking from side to side and top to bottom on one side of the kitchen wall for a full 5 seconds....then nothing. We were all silent looking at each other then I ran as fast as I could outside thinking it must have been a prank and I would see the kids running off. Not only was there no kids but the wall outside the house was solid brick. There was no way there could have been knocking from anyone. I went back inside and just shrugged my shoulders. Two weeks later my father was murdered. 

On 8/12/2012 at 7:52 PM, Angel123 then gone said:

Thank you all for your kindness and answers. I think the knocks might have something to do with people passing away. The last knocks I heard were around the time my grandmother passed, so that could be it. I don't want to hear anymore knocking for a long time! I do find it unique that some people experience theses paranormal events. I have never been afraid of the things that I have heard (footsteps walking the hallway when I was the only one home, my name called or seeing things out of the corner of my eye)

I had a few event in an apartment I lived in. I was laying in bed one night and my eyes were closed when something whispered in my ear the name "Devin" It shook me and I didn't open my eyes because I thought something might be in my face. I also had a particularly strange event in this apartment. I was getting ready to go out and had my stereo up very loud, I came downstairs and went into this tiny half bathroom the apartment had. I was listening to the music, fixing my hair and all of a sudden it felt like 9000 people stepped into that little room.

I turned around seeing nothing, but feeling everything. I think I was shocked, I wanted to know what it was and I stood unmoved for 5 minutes. I finally had to leave as it felt like they were closing in. I quitely shut the light off, turned off the stereo and walked to the front door and stood with my back against it. I spoke out loud " Look, you are welcome to stay here, but you CAN NOT SCARE ME and you WILL NOT HURT ME OR MY PETS" I felt like a fool talking to myself but something or things were in that room. I didn't have any issues after that other than the occasional objects being moved into strange positions and I felt safe the rest of my time there. Other than the knocking and orbs in my new house I haven't had any issues. I have captured a few EVPS, but since my mom passed I haven't tried for any. I'm not sure why, I think I am afraid I will hear her and that would mean she is stuck here and I don't want her to be. Thanks again for reading my long posts. I really appreciate all of your knowledge and experiences.

Angel123 then gone

Sorry for your loss.

I do agree that talking (or negotiating) to these spirits can bring results. I had some encounters and after talking to them they would (most of the time) leave you alone. One incident was me finishing up my assignment late at night (younger good old college days) and there is this shuffling and knocking in my backyard with my neighbours' dog howling and I thought I saw a shadow at the corner of my eye. I told "it" I am just a student struggling to finish this paper and I won't cause any harm to you and I will give you 15 minutes of my time to pray for you (I'm Buddhist) .... and its gone after that.

I have friends that have encounter knocking encounters (paranormal ones) and myself from the above story... but no one passed away. Perhaps because of different culture, I'm from Malaysia. Before someone passed away, we would hear someone calling our names and then a faint or strong smell of Jasmine flowers would linger for less than 1 second... that would indicate someone passing or passing soon.

Haha, I was tempted to do EVP for my grandmother that passed away. But I don't want to because I don't want to hold her back to this realm as well. She is a devout Buddhist nun practitioner so there is no point holding or calling her back here. 

• 5 months later...

My life has always been strange a lot of my family is dead both parents an 4 siblings.

although I'm a Christian lady I haven't always been I was born in a gangster family but one thing for certain I've never believed in ghosts until I began seeing things at first that's all it was ,but then I Heard a little girl laugh in my room,I've heard someone say hello there in a deep voice last yr while taking the Christmas tree down in the day time.i heard a little girl repeat me after me telling my dog to hush.Weve heard growling under our kitchen table. My sister died recently from Herone overdose I heard mom for days an thought it was my daughter.Now for the last few days a  knocking at my wall in my room,this is where I pray,read my bible. I had a brown butterfly come into my house an now knowing has started one loud knock each time last night was the loudest yet while we were in my bedroom watching tv.The first time it happened I went out side thinking was outside lol I felt dumb lol my house is brick .

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2015 at 8:10 PM, louiseff said:

I was babysitting my neices, 2 yr old today at her home.. The two yr old and both dogs were right in front of me. I distinctly heard 5 knocks on bare wood, thought someone was there, no one. Prior to this, the 2 yr old was staring at doorway behind me. Googled, knocking, this post came up, on my birth date aug 11th. Had to post.

I just started researching this because at random times tonight I have heard 5 distinct knocks with the same rhythm. My grandmother passed away yesterday and I tried to communicate with her earlier. It was my first time using a ghost box. I had some voices come through but none firmiliar. Feeling that kind of energy for the first time freaked me out so it didn’t last that long. After that is when I have been hearing the knocks. I went in the living room and looked around the whole house. Nothing. Really freaked out because it was 5 really loud knocks happening at least 4 times tonight. They have stopped for now hoping they don’t happen ever again. Really freaked out right now hoping I didn’t cause and evil spirit to come into my home . Freaked out that that may be happening 

• 6 months later...

My friend S had always said she had heard knocks in the corner of my brothers room,which now belongs to my parents. She had always  stayed quiet because she didnt want to freak me out,I have heard no knocks for at least a year until now. At first,at night there were three taps on my window,I didn't over react because the birds often stayed over there and so did many other things,although I did walk out a lot because of it.ive had many paranormal expirences In this house,some with logical explanations. I dont know if it's mental problems but sometimes I do hear voices, whispers and random noises such as groaning  an sometimes quiet laughter when I am completely alone. I do have  an overactive imagination but yesterday there was a knock on the wall near the front door, and noises upstairs. I swear I thought someone was breaking in because loud noises always came from upstairs where no one goes,later that night i heard it in the corner of my room and I got up and ran freaked out. I felt watched the whole night. Then today,I have heard more knocks,both next to me while I sat on the couch, usually the knocks are three times, on the door it was four. Sometimes two. I don't know what to do about this,I want whatever it is,to go away.

• 8 months later...

Happens to me everyday! Okay hear me out. Everyday at night around 12 and 3:30 am, i hear clear 5 knocks outside or above my room. We recently bought a rooster. And everytime the knocking starts Rooster starts crowing like 7-8 times. It happens everyday at the exact time around 12 and 3:30 and same events follow it. Now we have a big house with like 8 rooms in the ground floor. And then we have this large attic over the whole house. Knocking always comes from my side of the attic above me. Then again it might also be because Roosters pen is on the same side . Like the knocking is not meant for me. But hearing this stuff everyday kinda makes me paranoid during sleep. i still wonder why it happens every day at same time, always 5 times and why everytime the Rooster starts crowing??? 

Feeling a bit left out because you don't hear knocking on your walls?  Well....Feel Left Out no more my friends!  

Get your Bonafide Joc Knock today for only 300 US Dollars.  Amaze your friends...and your enemies...watch them all run like little cowardly little cry babies!  For a limited time only!

So you don't forget ...order before midnight tonight!  

I from time to time have heard a few knocking sounds places where I've lived, but the most  memorable  was several years ago when I lived in a mobile home.   It only happened at night about three to four times a week when sitting at the dining table I'd hear a knocking sound at five to ten second intervals around the ceiling area..   The sound would get close, move away  or go around me.    It did not really scare me, but did concern me a little.   Finally right after going to bed one night but still awake I heard the knocking sound come to my bedroom door, whereby I sat up in bed and commanded the noise, or entity to leave in the name of Jesus, and repeated it three times.  I never heard the noise in that home again.

f