Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What did the Vikings really look like ?

Saru

How true to the stereotypical Viking were the actual Nordic warriors of Scandinavian ancestry ?

Researchers can make estimates about a Viking’s social standing based on the weapons he brought to his grave. Small axes and knives were tools for everyone, but only the elite could afford lances and swords.

arrow3.gifRead more...

When we were dating my wife to be and I were discussing our family origins and when I said mine were from the British Isles - most likely Ireland - and sked her what were hers famous for she said "raping and pillaging your ancestors" :w00t: ahhh UFFDA!!

• Like 2

Another blow to our views of past civilizations.

I read about how they were among the most cleanliness of the people from that era , I did not know if it were true or not , suppose I have my answer now . It is funny how myths twists up so much of the truth from the past..

• Like 1

What I want to know is why the Vikings in the American Express commercials speak with British Accents....

• Like 1

What I want to know is why the Vikings in the American Express commercials speak with British Accents....

Funny you should say that in the film they have american accents. lol :yes:

I'm just grateful that Vikings are my ancestors and that we share a bloodline. Well the Swede and Dane Vikings :-)

It gives me something to tell my future grandkids.

Edited by Valkyria

They were actualy Pirates!May be clean Pirates!

Hey Mule, I think your referring to the american express Goths, which is even weirder as the goths were a germanic tribe.

The Viking were also some of the greatest explorers in their time. The did alot of trading with another cultures.

Did the Vikings actually discover America first rather then Columbus? I thought Leif Erickson landed in Nova Scotia.