Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Paul McCartney died in 1966?

coolguy

my Nan Godbless her

That's a hell of a name - she must have had a right laugh filling in forms!

* pun merely coincidental

Edited by The Sky Scanner
  • Like 1

That's a hell of a name - she must have had a right laugh filling in forms!

* pun merely coincidental

:lol::w00t:

• Like 1

Oh, this is a classic! There's a complete guide to the entire hoax called Turn Me On, Dead Man by Andru J. Reeve which tells you every single detail, some of which are absolutely beyond crazy. Though it is of course true that if you play "Revolution Nine" from the White Album backwards, you really can hear a spooky voice saying "Turn me on, dead man!" So that totally proves it.

The best "clue" is that if you hold up the Magical Mystery Tour album to a mirror, you can supposedly make out a UK phone number. If you called this up at special times mentioned in the songs, you supposedly got either a recorded admission that yes, Paul really was dead, and you're very clever for figuring it out, or something even more strange, such as a direct line to Heaven so that Paul could tell you in person how dead he was. There were several different numbers you could more or less make out, all of which had to be permanently disconnected because random UK citizens who of course had no connection with the Beatles were getting constantly woken up at 5 AM by stoned Americans who thought they were Paul McCartney's ghost.

And here's an image you may find amusing:

batman222june1970.jpg

I personally like the one where you hold a mirror onto the centre of the Sgt. Pepper cover (the base drum thing) turning "LONELY HEARTS" into "1 ONE 1 X HEDIE". Really ingenious, though of course quite meaningless.

Edited by BertL

Well his career died around the 80's, not sure about this though. ;)

Along with his voice if the Olympic opening ceremony was to go bye...........Ouch :blink:

As a recent poster remarked, applying a mirror to the cover of Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (ye gods, how stoned was the first person who discovered this!?!) reveals a message which is most easily read as "ONE ONE NINE HE DIIE". If you use the American dating convention, this refers to November 9th. Which, oddly enough, was the day that John met Yoko (yes, really!). If on the other hand you are British (like the Beatles), you arrange the dates in a different way. So the most famous album cover of all time contains a hidden message saying that significant deaths will occur on September 11th...

Al the best conspiracy theories link together, don't they"

I've just done it in my pants...

Along with his voice if the Olympic opening ceremony was to go bye...........Ouch :blink:

I don't know, I thought he sounded pretty good for a 70 year old man.

I don't know, I thought he sounded pretty good for a 70 year old man.

A bit past his sell by date.....

A bit past his sell by date.....

I agree with that, but still better than most of the alternatives.

Netflix had a cool movie on this awhile back. Dont know if its the same movie as in the OP. "One and one and one is 3".

One thing is certain, for whatever reason the Beatles wanted people to think Paul was dead.

I think I saw that one too. It had something to do with some tapes apparently (or allegedly) from George Harrison. There were some pretty strange coincidences in that film. I have no idea why a group would want the public to think one of their members is secretly dead.

Either way, to this day, I really dread convertibles (even though I have a Geo Metro convertible) for that reason even if the accident never happened after hearing "A Day In The Life". Its just one of those things like checking your backseat at night in the car before going anywhere.

I agree with that, but still better than most of the alternatives.

He should have sang "Live and Let Die",think he might have pulled that one off.Apparently though he died back in 1966,conspiracies,don't you just hate them..