Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fruit juice to replace fat in chocolate bars

Still Waters

It is great news for anyone with a sweet tooth - chocolate with fruit juice instead of fat has been developed.

The healthy alternative replaces up to 50 per cent of chocolate's fat content with fruit juice.

University of Warwick chemists claim the new bar will still appeal to chocaholics, after spending months perfecting its 'mouthfeel' - and say it even feels like chocolate.

http://www.dailymail...olate-bars.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Oppono Astos

• Alienated Being

• Still Waters

• rashore

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, this will raise the cost of production, inevitably raising the cost of purchase for the average consumer. Hrm. :tu:

Interesting. I wonder how much sugar is introduced with the juice. I am willing to bet juice or water with vitamin C is probably cheaper than dairy or cocoa fats.

I also wonder what classification of chocolate this will be called. Usually, part of a chocolates classification is the amount of fat, typically either cocoa or dairy based. Usually, liquids are not part of a qualifer for chocolate, though sugar is. So depending on just how much fat they can take out and replace, I'm willing to bet this will be a new chocolate classification.

As most things that are fat free it probably won't taste the same. I'm willing to give it a try though.

Mouthfeel? That's a word I haven't heard before!