Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you collect anything?

None of the above

I collect coins, none are worth anything I just like ones that I find interesting. My partners younger brother collects energy drink cans. He has probably 150 at least, none of them are the same. He drinks them first though, so they're not worth anything. But whenever my partner and I go anywhere, we always get him new ones :)

• 1 month later...

I collect clocks. I had a wall of clocks in my old place. I would put batteries in all of them and set them to different times. 30 ticking clocks that are not in time with one another would drive people crazy.

• Like 1

Nothing physical. On my computer I collect photos of celebrities I find aesthetically pleasing. (No wink-wink stuff)

i have an extensive rock collection. different types, shapes and sizes. every one has a story (i even have a piece of the berlin wall)

i also have a smaller heart shaped rock collection which is very cool to pretty much no one but me, but i still collect them

i also collect hard cover books, only those that i would read or have read however. i now have over two thousand books in my library and i'm hoping to double it before it die. my books will be willed to a women's prison or shelter of some sort

Edited by JGirl
  • Like 3

In addition to my seashell collection....Hot Wheels

8084302764_8af175136c.jpg

2011-12-27_16-05-11_780 by No Le Hace, on Flickr

Click the link and you can see the whole photostream, about 12 cars or so at this point.

Edited by The Mule

In addition to my seashell collection....Hot Wheels

SNAP!

My missus recently went MENTAL when I pulled about 20 off the kitchen cupboard, sorted and put them in a box of around 60, then brought in 20 from the garage ready to go up in the loft with the rest of em.

You interested in selling that DeLorean?

SNAP!

My missus recently went MENTAL when I pulled about 20 off the kitchen cupboard, sorted and put them in a box of around 60, then brought in 20 from the garage ready to go up in the loft with the rest of em.

You interested in selling that DeLorean?

That delorean is cheap - a buck a target. Metal frame, plastic bottom.

I have a "back to the future" delorean on order from http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/ and they also have a nice delorean there too. There's also ebay.

lol lot's of interesting collections. People's collections seem to tell a lot about them.. in a way. .. Sarah_444 mentioned sea glass.. i have a little collection of Great Lakes glass :) .. 'we' have various collected rocks and fossils. I have some Irish sandstone... she has a cobblestone from a London street.. we have a piece of rock cracked in two by california dessert heating and freezing.. Lol .. sounds sort of silly when i talk about it.. but they are precious to us.

i have an old vinyl record collection that some people would probably kill for... so.. shhhhhhhhhh

• 1 month later...

Note: I'll take a pic of my watches later. I only have a few at home, rest are with a nephew.

Hi Eldorado,

I once collected Swiss watches. Just sold my Jaeger to help fund the creation of an ashram. I'm auctioning my last GIRARD PERREGAUX FERRARI chronograph, REF 8020, red dial.

Definitely, share with us your watch collection.

Peace.

Paul

4x.jpg

• Like 1

I never thought I was a collector until recently.

I was struck with a realization that have a substancial collection of very bad decisions I have made in life.

I collect CDs, and I'm starting to collect vinyl LPs too - I'm a staunch believer in music-as-a-physical-format.

Hello,

I have tons of RARE Industrial, EBM, Dark Wave, Experimental, Acid Haus, Techno, New Beat, etc. CDs and vinyls. If you're interested..., please don't hesitate to contact me.

Peace.

I collect exotic plants of the succulent variety from around the world (Africa, Madagascar, Mexico, South America and other places). I have approximately 1,000 plants, all in pots. The stranger, the better.

I don't do well with standard house plants though.....too much watering and for the most part.....boring..

I collect exotic plants of the succulent variety from around the world (Africa, Madagascar, Mexico, South America and other places). I have approximately 1,000 plants, all in pots. The stranger, the better.

Here ya go, Euphorbia:

• 11 months later...

Edged weapons, mainly Middle Ages styles or Japanese Katanas, hadguns, several 44 Mags, long/short barrel, automatic weapons from WWII and from the 30s, two Thompson submachine guns, that are workable, another Thompson that was used during WWII by my cousin, an Army Ranger, finally made it to a Colonel, God knows how he did it, as did it irritate lots of German soldiers he had a hand in capturing. Wish he could have brought that Tiger Tank back he caught.

I collect natural things.... a dead dragonfly or butterfly now and then, magnolia pods, wasp nests, snake skins, rocks, pinecones, acorns. Whatever. I love that.

Edited by spacelizard667

I collect vintage clothing, jewelry, dolls, sewing stuff (thread, needles, thimbles, crochet hooks, ect.). I also collect rocks, as well!!!!!

cookbooks. fancy cookbooks full of fancy recipes that i will never try. but the pictures look so good! such fancy foods, elegantly plated... it's hard to resist.

Books specifically old (pre 1900) history books and books printed in the town I live in. it had a small printing shop that put out hymnals and religious books in the mid to late 1800's. small catalogue but hard as heck to find (5 so far).

I also collect Army challenge coins but I'm rather particular as to which ones I buy so I doubt if my collection will grow.