Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

eBay To Ban Sale Of Hexes And Spells

rashore

On one hand, I say if people want to buy that stuff then let it be sold. On the other, I'm glad to see a major company admit that humans are morons who need to be protected from themselves, because I've been saying that for years.

On a related note, one of my friends lost his soul in a game of pool. He delivered it to the winner in a jar, labeled "*****'s Soul", a few days later. The winner kept it for a year or so, then finally returned it out of the goodness of his heart.

• Like 2

People are fools who spend money foolishly. When I saw someone selling an old restaurant doggie bag, grease and all, I gave up on ebay.

• Like 2

People are fools who spend money foolishly. When I saw someone selling an old restaurant doggie bag, grease and all, I gave up on ebay.

Was it the kind that actually says "doggie bag"? ...

doggie-bag.jpg

If it is, I can see why they would sell it, restaurants don't use these anymore, which is too bad, because I think they are kind of funny, even if discriminatory towards other animals ...

Once when I was coming out of a restaurant carrying some leftovers and a homeless man asked if I he could have my leftovers. I would have liked to have shown the doggie bag so I could say, "Why, so you can make my dog go hungry, you inhuman vagabond piece of human debris!"

^

sorry ( self imposed facepalm ) :( I'm actually checking myself into a facepalm treatment facility, one of the finest in the country, located in Facepalm Springs, CA

Edited by Vein Capital
  • Like 3

To what I understand so far, and I've been digging around a tad on this.. You can't sell the service of casting a spell, but you can still sell a kit containing everything one needs to cast the spell for ones own self.. Provided the seller puts in plenty of CMA for if the spell does not work up to buyers expectations. You can't sell a tarot reading but you can sell tarot decks or books. You can't sell an object that contains a djinn or whatever that you can release and command, but you can sell a cursed object with the proper CMA. So yes, given proper listing and storyline we will still have haunted art and dolls.

I think ebay is just tired of playing the CMA game itself, and tired of having to settle buyer/seller disputes for intangible or unquantifiable things. Seller X offered to curse my ex, and my ex's life isn't sucking enough, or I got a reading and it wasn't true enough, or I paid a crapton of money for a spirit on command (usually sex) and they didn't pop up and appease me. Or from the sellers side, buyer X made the purchase then didn't pay up because of second thoughts or the buyer didn't really have that money to pay, or whatever. Ebay has rules for disputes, and I bet they have gone through some serious headaches. As a reputable intermediary, they have to deal with each and every complaint.

I think some of the savvy, slimy, whatever sellers will switch to offering up tangible items with all the shout outs of visit our off ebay direct channel for other goods/services. Like they will sell a few items that ebay will allow along with plenty of offers for custom options if the buyer goes to the off ebay site to the sellers personal site.

• Like 2

The thrill. :) Danger can be fun.

A much cheaper and sometimes hilarious option is to buy silk bedding and silk jammies and attempt a ration of passion with your beloved.

And let's just say,this is an instance right out of a movie,and said thing you buy ,has a succubus .A real one .

So after maybe,,a night or two of passion ,she possesses your beloved,and your beloved cuts your happy place off,and feeds it to the dog,and you are front page Enquired news .

You will wish you got the silk jammies .

Just sayin .

• Like 2

This will save jobs, support your local witch.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 3

And let's just say,this is an instance right out of a movie,and said thing you buy ,has a succubus .A real one .

So after maybe,,a night or two of passion ,she possesses your beloved,and your beloved cuts your happy place off,and feeds it to the dog,and you are front page Enquired news .

Just sayin .

My sucubus got me where it really hurts, my wallet .............. it's called a divorce!

• Like 2

This really is a breach of the rights of Wicca's, Witches, Paganists - all of whom have as much right to peddle their nonsense wares as do the other religions. What are Rosary Beads, Pictures of the Pope, Orthodox Jewish hair extensions (the curly type) all about :w00t:

Ban 1 religions "tools of the trade" and then you must ban them all.....***goes to get his EBay tin-foil hat*** :unsure2:

• Like 5

This really is a breach of the rights of Wicca's, Witches, Paganists - all of whom have as much right to peddle their nonsense wares as do the other religions. What are Rosary Beads, Pictures of the Pope, Orthodox Jewish hair extensions (the curly type) all about :w00t:

Ban 1 religions "tools of the trade" and then you must ban them all.....***goes to get his EBay tin-foil hat*** :uns

That's true,but most legit pagans who sell things,do it via their own website .

All the ones I know,do .

Selling it via an auction is not cost effective,because dozens of people make Venus oil ,or vanvan oil .

Like I said,etsy sells stuff like this,because they specialize in handmade items ,eBay,conversely,has allowed people to sell Hexed ,cursed,and items with alleged magickal abilities .

A ring that kills demons,is a load of hooey .

An oil used in a cleansing ritual ,is a religious item . It claims to do nothing. The person who buys it,must how how to use it .

It's a,subtle difference .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 5

That's true,but most legit pagans who sell things,do it via their own website .

All the ones I know,do .

Selling it via an auction is not cost effective,because dozens of people make Venus oil ,or vanvan oil .

Like I said,etsy sells stuff like this,because they specialize in handmade items ,eBay,conversely,has allowed people to sell Hexed ,cursed,and items with alleged magickal abilities .

A ring that kills demons,is a load of hooey .

An oil used in a cleansing ritual ,is a religious item . It claims to do nothing. The person who buys it,must how how to use it .

It's a,subtle difference .

So true,

• Like 3

This is one of the very few threads where I've wanted to 'like' every single post in it...

Bravo everyone... Well done!

• Like 7

Just sayin .

For TWO nights of passion, the Succubus can possess Mike Tyson and have him delivered to my door with murder on his mind... I'd take the risk.

:)

• Like 3

DVDs about oral-sex on public transport is what I got.

(apologies... lol)

"I'm just going to blow through town on the bus"

• Like 4

"I'm just going to blow through town on the bus"

One of the DVDs was entitled, "Bertie the Bus and Sally the Whistle Blower". And only a PG rating, I noticed. Scandalous, in my opinion.

*stern looking smiley*

• Like 3

This is one of the very few threads where I've wanted to 'like' every single post in it...

Bravo everyone... Well done!

Lol, you inspired me.... :)

I liked it so much I 'liked' every damn post in the thread... (even the ones I didn't like)

• Like 5

Lol, you inspired me.... :)

I liked it so much I 'liked' every damn post in the thread... (even the ones I didn't like)

LOL!!! Back at you :P

• Like 3

Ban 1 religions "tools of the trade" and then you must ban them all.....***goes to get his EBay tin-foil hat*** :unsure2:

Ah, but the difference between a prayer and a spell is the small expectation that the spell might actually work! ;)

Anyway, I've just realised....... Why aren't I selling Abduction proofing tinfoil hats on fleabay>?

Edit: Orthodox Jewish hair extensions? You are surely having a laugh? :w00t:

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 2

Hmmm :unsure2: there could be a conspiracy theory here, maybe something to do with religion, hmmm I wonder. B)

• Like 2

I've thought about taking a small square platform (wood, plastic, whatever) with nothing on it and selling it on ebay as a statue of the Atheist Diety....

I bet someone would by it...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 3

You'd think the witches and psychics would see these things coming and up-broomsticks to another website. OldHag.com* or summat.

Only saying.

*I was gonna say e-Spell.com but that's already a genuine website for helping the illiterate, apparently.. lol

• Like 3

I should have kept my grandma's broomsticks she use to make them from small branches with a bigger one in the middle... I would have made fortune selling them with their spidery occupants... :P

• Like 1

You'd think the witches and psychics would see these things coming and up-broomsticks to another website. OldHag.com* or summat.

Only saying.

*I was gonna say e-Spell.com but that's already a genuine website for helping the illiterate, apparently.. lol

That reminds me of the sign I once saw that was on the door to a psychic's 'office' - "Closed due to unforseen illness"

• Like 5

Out of curiosity ,I went to eBay,and searched haunted .

Check this out .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAUNTED-DEMON-POWER-RING-MONEY-POWER-100-REAL-LIMITED-EDITION-1-200-/251133461323?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a78b8834b

I messaged the seller,because for all y'all who cannot read enochian ,that's very readable JAPANESE ,on the band.

I said ," this ring is about as enoichian as sushi".

I cannot see all the characters,and I'm not sure where it starts,so I haven't translated it yet .

Give me a bit .

Can anyone else here read Japanese ? It's completely modern Japanese too btw .Some letters are post WW2 letters so...

There's a kanji I cannot read ,then in hiragana it says ,naru. I believe it goes with the kanji ,so its usless on its own .

Then in katakana it says,ka ma ji tsu ku . Then the O ,and another kanji I can only see part of .

I'd love to translate it ,even partially . Anyone see more ?

I'm not sure what the katakana is . I'm really bad at figuring out kana ....

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Holy cow that's a long listing Simbi!! I found it kind of interesting that not only does he want your name, birthplace and birth date, he also wants your parents information too.

• Like 1