Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God is not Light; God is Nothing (Space)

Arpee

Do you believe that God is an "eternal" light that created all things? I am wondering where this belief came from. I am not talking to one specific religious person (Christian, Jewish, etc.), I am addressing all who has this sort of belief system, but let me quote something from The Bible anyway:

Genesis 1

King James Version (KJV)

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

If God created "The Kingdom of Heaven (A Place of SPIRIT)" and God created "The Earth" (A Place of PHYSICAL)", and there was "void" and "darkness", doesn't that mean that God isn't Light since he was dwelling in Darkness all this time if he created Light? Obviously there is a difference between "The Light" and "God".

Now let's continue:

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

So, not only did God create "Light", but God also created "Darkness", not only does God create "Peace", but he also creates "Evil", in other words, God creates all things in existence whether Good or Bad, Peaceful or Evil.

In Genesis, it says that God even created "Spirit" (Heaven) and "Physical" (Earth); so what is God?

1 John 4:16

King James Version (KJV)

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

Ok, so God is "Love" and whoever lives in "love" automatically lives in "God", and "God" is in him, which means that God "IS" this definition of "Love" itself, but there are so many definitions of "Love" so let's see what The Bible says about Love, shall we?

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away

Notice it said that Love does not delight in "evil" but rejoices with "the truth" - not goodness - not evil - but truth.

Notice also that it said that "Love holds NO records of wrongs" - so there is no Judgement or Book of Life. Love can never fail, and when in it - the prophecies ceases - the tongues still - the knowledge "passes away".

So, let's do some logical deduction here:

God is NOT Light (God created it)

God is NOT Darkness (God created it)

God is NOT Peace or Evil (God created it)

God is NOT Spirit (God created it)

God is NOT Physical (God created it)

God is LOVE

Love is "patient" , "not self-seeking", "not holding records of wrongs", surpasses "knowledge", and never "fails"...

It seems to me that since God can not be any of those things, and this definition of love is that which causes "stillness" of the "tongue", lets the knowledge "passes away", rejoices in "truth" (rather than good and evil), and never "fails" or "punishes" (no record of wrongs are held), and whoever lives in this "Love" will automatically have God "in him".

It seems to me that God is "Space", the space that we create to allow ourselves to be quiet and to forget about the past harm done. From "Space" all things arise the good and evil but they are all aspects of truth (reality). From Space "Spirit" (Less Physical Matter) and "Earth" (Physical Matter) comes to exist, and so does "Light" and "Darkness". Space can never be "Self-Seeking" but always "patient" and "kind" to others since it does NOT push against.

What do you think of this?

• Like 2

idk what to think of this no offense but nothing was really reached in the OP

When god creates he puts his essence into his creation. Why is god nothing instead of everything?

• Like 1

When god creates he puts his essence into his creation. Why is god nothing instead of everything?

If everything is Light, what is containing that Light? The Infinite Space (Darkness) around it. We already know that Space can just pop things into existence (particles and even photons - particles of light - which makes up the physical world).

Do you believe that God is an "eternal" light that created all things? I am wondering where this belief came from. I am not talking to one specific religious person (Christian, Jewish, etc.), I am addressing all who has this sort of belief system, but let me quote something from The Bible anyway:

If God created "The Kingdom of Heaven (A Place of SPIRIT)" and God created "The Earth" (A Place of PHYSICAL)", and there was "void" and "darkness", doesn't that mean that God isn't Light since he was dwelling in Darkness all this time if he created Light? Obviously there is a difference between "The Light" and "God".

Now let's continue:

So, not only did God create "Light", but God also created "Darkness", not only does God create "Peace", but he also creates "Evil", in other words, God creates all things in existence whether Good or Bad, Peaceful or Evil.

In Genesis, it says that God even created "Spirit" (Heaven) and "Physical" (Earth); so what is God?

Ok, so God is "Love" and whoever lives in "love" automatically lives in "God", and "God" is in him, which means that God "IS" this definition of "Love" itself, but there are so many definitions of "Love" so let's see what The Bible says about Love, shall we?

Notice it said that Love does not delight in "evil" but rejoices with "the truth" - not goodness - not evil - but truth.

Notice also that it said that "Love holds NO records of wrongs" - so there is no Judgement or Book of Life. Love can never fail, and when in it - the prophecies ceases - the tongues still - the knowledge "passes away".

So, let's do some logical deduction here:

God is NOT Light (God created it)

God is NOT Darkness (God created it)

God is NOT Peace or Evil (God created it)

God is NOT Spirit (God created it)

God is NOT Physical (God created it)

God is LOVE

Love is "patient" , "not self-seeking", "not holding records of wrongs", surpasses "knowledge", and never "fails"...

It seems to me that since God can not be any of those things, and this definition of love is that which causes "stillness" of the "tongue", lets the knowledge "passes away", rejoices in "truth" (rather than good and evil), and never "fails" or "punishes" (no record of wrongs are held), and whoever lives in this "Love" will automatically have God "in him".

It seems to me that God is "Space", the space that we create to allow ourselves to be quiet and to forget about the past harm done. From "Space" all things arise the good and evil but they are all aspects of truth (reality). From Space "Spirit" (Less Physical Matter) and "Earth" (Physical Matter) comes to exist, and so does "Light" and "Darkness". Space can never be "Self-Seeking" but always "patient" and "kind" to others since it does NOT push against.

What do you think of this?

Arpee,

It would be well of you to search the Scriptures again, if you did so in all sincerity please explain what you did not post.

1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

Also God did not create light, it is formed. God is Light in essence which means Light is a living thing which simultaneously is used in higher dimensions to create buildings and many other things in its' purest form. It is also used in our world but at a much lower frequency that is known commonly as electricity among many other forms.

If you know what Light is you Know what Love is, but who can know the Father but through the Son? How can any major discovery be given to them who do not receive the Light?

An even better question is, if god gave us his only son.. does that make us all female?

You do realise a lot of what religious scripture(in general) is as much metaphor as it is literal. Most of what you quote is Old Testament, specifically, Genesis; a set of stories that explain how the world was formed (not looking for a creationist argument here).

To put it plainly, you're looking for "God" in a universe where, if you take what you're saying to an endpoint, "He" cannot possibly be the gaps between the atoms in a limitless void. If "God" were to exist on our plane of existence, "He" would more be some sort of Aetheral substance; he doesn't visibly influence the way the universe works, but he permeates everything; he resides within all matter, not the spaces between it.

You're right in the sense that he isn't literal light, but to say he is "nothingness"... well, that's a stretch of the imagination.

• Like 3

There are many ways to look at things and interpret them. I thoroughly enjoyed your posting. I am new here = OP = original posting? I presume, I just kind of figured it out right now. Yes, I liked the OP and thanks for putting it up.

I agree that God is all things, the light and the dark. But I also agree that the "light" of God is what gives life and that darkness leads to death, for lack of better terminology... I do agree that God is Love, but that is not the extent of "his" character. I do believe God permeates all things. Because we have access to the "light" of God, we can experience the "Love" of God, and that is what is beneficial to the growth of our own spirits and the growth of mankind...

I would not say that God is nothingness, I would say that God is everythingness...

• Like 1

You're going by Christianity though.

"God is the Light of the heavens and the earth…”

Chapter 24, Verse 35. The Holy Qur’an

There it specifically says "IS".

Also I think God is the sun going further back, making him the light in a sense. (Or a God is the sun)

Edited by Coffey

It would be well of you to search the Scriptures again, if you did so in all sincerity please explain what you did not post.

1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."

Also God did not create light, it is formed.

Well then, that verse is a contradiction, because the bible says that God CREATES the light AND the darkness.

Well then, that verse is a contradiction, because the bible says that God CREATES the light AND the darkness.

Arpee,

To form means to Shape, not create, to say 'Let there be' is to allow, not to create. You should re-examine the very scriptures you have posted.

Also, do you say there is no light in a room that is full of darkness?

Arpee,

To form means to Shape, not create, to say 'Let there be' is to allow, not to create. You should re-examine the very scriptures you have posted.

Isaiah 45:7

King James Version (KJV)

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Also, do you say there is no light in a room that is full of darkness?

No, I just say "it's dark". But this is irrelevant.

No, I just say "it's dark". But this is irrelevant.

Arpee,

As the Potter forms the clay, so is it done to the light. The Potter did not create the clay for it always was, but the Potter shapes it.

form |fôrm|

verb [ trans. ]1 bring together parts or combine to create (something) : the company wasformed in 1982.( form people/things into) organize people or things into (agroup or body) : peasants and miners were formed into a militia.go to make up or constitute : the precepts that form the basis of the book.[ intrans. ] gradually appear or develop : a thick mist was forming all around.conceive (an idea or plan) in one's mind.enter into or contract (a relationship) : the women would form supportive friendships.articulate (a word, speech sound, or other linguistic unit).construct (a new word) by derivation or inflection.

Also that word Create as you can see does not speak of the type of creation that is being addressed. TO bring something from what already exists is the type of creation that I speak of.

The question presented to you is not irrelevant for it determines your understanding of Light.

If you will not receive it, then it is not for you to receive at this time.

Edited by THE INTERPRETER

I don't know, but I think that trying to firmly characterize the attributes and abilities of a, presumed, multidimensional God, might be JUST a little bit over our heads. Sure is fun trying, though.