Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Churches need to install bank card machines

8 posts in this topic

A church service wouldn't be a church service without the sight of a collection plate or bag being passed down the aisles during a hymn.

But such a method of raising funds may be nearing the end of the line as religious institutions wake up to the realities of the 21st century.

According to one senior bishop, churches must start investing in bank card swipe machines if they are to reach their ever technology-hungry congregations.

http://www.dailymail...gregations.html

In my opinion Churches need to actually preach/teach the Ten Commandments and Teachings out of the Bible instead of teaching/preaching their version of it that suits their own needs

Rather than going round collecting money to put in their own pockets or to make themselves richer (Not saying all do Just a majority do)

It wouldnt be so bad if all the money collected would go to people that need it, e,g - third world countries where their starving to death, or homeless people etc

1 person likes this

Oh they already have automatic withdraws no need to even bring your wallet anymore.

I hardly think so. For a start, I doubt that many Church of England congregations are all that technology-hungry, and besides, i seem to recall (even if the Church may have forgotten) that Jesus* had a bit of an issue with banking activities being carried out in the precincts of religious buildings ....

* remember him? I sometimes think most of the Churches haven't

Well in the USA,we have many instances of peopl stealing from,of actually stealing ,the money boxes,and donations of gods boxes.

This would sol ve that here .one Xmas,a church had gathered toys for needy children ,and some scum sucking cretin ,came and took all of them .like sacks of them.

It was unbelievable .

They were replaced when it hit the news,and people donated ,but can you imagine .

People suck

And next Sunday they'll tell you that money is the root of all evil.

Seriously? Geez. Like there isn't already enough pressure to donate, donate, donate.. Now they are going to get you with electronic too?

I remember when I was a kid you got a box of little envelopes and every Sunday you were expected to put some cash in it and drop it in the basket. I utterly loathed that practice, so I refused to do so. If I was going to drop cash or not I was going to do so openly like all the adults. I refused to be monitored or tallied- the adults didn't have to, so nor would I.

Posted (edited)

All churches need bigger and better steeples ...

Edited by Beckys_Mom