Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
jacobstiles

When is capital punishment is justified?

35 posts in this topic

I believe some people should be made to suffer. Serial killers, spree killers, child molesters, and serial rapists should be hurt for what they've done.

I think they should rot in a Spannish Inquisiotion style dungeon that doesnt know the meaning of human rights. Or give them to the families of the victims of their crimes, let them decide

Oh, and of course burglars should be beaten to death on sight of you find them in your house

I just don't think its fair for them to put me at risk for possibly getting a capitol punishment charge by releasing these types of people back into my neighborhood because I'd have to seriously do some harm to anyone who molested my child and in my opinion it would be totally just and right for me to do so. So not only are they putting my children and everyone else's kids in arms way, they are putting the parents of the children in bad situation. In my opinion the government should be held criminally responsible for putting these people back on the street.

It's probably never really justifiable.

However, it also probably an effective final punishment.

If there was such a thing as the perfect judicial system, I could be swayed to the pro-capital side (in certain cases).

I don't believe the justice system should be punitive. I believe its purpose should be to prevent crime. If someone murders someone and is likely to do it again, they should be kept away from society by whatever means necessary -- and least expensive -- whether that is lifetime imprisonment or death.

2 people like this

Rape, molestation, murder of an adult, or child (if it can be proven beyond reasonable doubt, or if there is a confession) = capital punishment.

1 person likes this

How can we know if capital punishment is right or wrong? Where do we draw the line?

Feel free to voice your opinion.

The punishment should fit the crime.

If you steal someones possessions the state should come around and steals yours.

If you hit someone the state hits you.

If you commit GBH the state breaks your arms and legs.

If you rape someone the state cuts your balls off.

If you murder someone then you get punished with torture then executed.

Human rights should not apply to those that dont respect others human rights.

Edited by Mr Right Wing
1 person likes this

I don't believe the justice system should be punitive. I believe its purpose should be to prevent crime. If someone murders someone and is likely to do it again, they should be kept away from society by whatever means necessary -- and least expensive -- whether that is lifetime imprisonment or death.

Very good post. I agree.

British justice is far different from the U.S.A, life imprisonment in U.K. is 25 years or there abouts with time off for good behavior, life in U.S.A is life (maybe without parole), depending on whether the crime is premeditated,so we are debating different issues.

What happens if you kill someone accidently,there are no witnesses,but you will leave some D.N.A. at the scene,so do you turn yourself in,or not..You are a murderer by accident,you didnt mean to do it,but its on your concience forever,even if the other person meant to murder you.

All murderers should pay for their crime, but how do you define it ?.

I dont think that this question can be answered by any of us, but its an interesting subject.

I dont think death can be justified. But what else can we do with them besides lock them up forever?

[media=]http://youtu.be/OmJ2snsLxWw[/media]

If someone kills just to kill for the thill then yes. Serial killers yes. Murder is murder. A life for a life an eye for an eye. The punishment must fit the crime. Or do we let a person sit on death role and spent 60,000 a year to house cloth,feed medical and dental care. Hang them all