Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost monk footage

DarkMavis

What do you think? Is it a monk ghost or a ghost monk? Lol. Actually, this is one of the better ghost videos on youtube. At least the camera is in motion.

Looks like a reflection to me.

• Like 1

The youtubers gave the same answer you going to get here.

The camera steadies just long enough for the apparition to appear on the wall and then dissolve into the background before the frame becomes jerky again.

Since the family who recorded this apparently didn't notice anything unusual until they watched the video later, that makes it pretty suspect.

The 'ghost' has a nice, organic-looking quality to it, but the strong sense I get based on the camera motion is one of contrivance.

It looks like a reflection,but we would need to know who was there at the time. If no one fitting the description of the figure was there,well then ,yeah,its odd.

Looks like a reflection to me.

A reflection in a rusty metal wall?

The youtubers gave the same answer you going to get here.

Yeah. Everyone know that YouTubers are real experts in the paranormal.

• Like 1

A reflection in a rusty metal wall?

Yeah, I'm entitled to my opinion. Doesn't look like a rusty metal wall either. Looks like marble.

I'm pretty sure that is a rusty sheet metal wall and even if it was marble, if you examine the monk figure up close you can see the transparent apparition extends beyond the wall as he moves so it's not a reflection in the wall at all.

edit: Actually, the wall in front of which the apparition appears isn't metal I think, but it's academic as the apparition extends beyond the edge of the wall like I said.

However, my first thought was that it's very suspicious that he stopped and held the camera still for no apparent reason, just as the apparition appeared and then moved on just as the apparition disappeared. Looks way too much like a deliberate setup, hold the camera still so it's easier to use video editing software to insert a 'ghost' that would be much harder to insert if you had to make the ghosts movements match the jerky camera movements.

It's not like he saw the apparition and stopped to film it, as the description says it was taken by a family who only noticed the apparition after they viewed the footage.

Edited by Archimedes

I'm pretty sure that is a rusty sheet metal wall and even if it was marble, if you examine the monk figure up close you can see the transparent apparition extends beyond the wall as he moves so it's not a reflection in the wall at all.

However, my first thought was that it's very suspicious that he stopped and held the camera still for no apparent reason, just as the apparition appeared and then moved on. Looks way too much like a deliberate setup, hold the camera still so it's easier to use video editing software to insert a 'ghost' that would be much harder to insert if you had to make the ghosts movements match the jerky camera movements.

Well if YOU say it's a rusty wall I'll believe it. Still not convinced it's a ghost. And one way to set up a hoax would be a reflection, but I'm not a hoaxer so... ^_^

yeah....I agree with one of the "tubers" post...just looks like some punk kid in a hoodie. ghost of markie mark maybe?? ;) I find it so funny to read the comments too from there. people get in such a tizzy over a "fake" being the "best fake they ever saw" when its literally something that can be done on a computer in about 10 minutes flat. everyones an expert on their computers, but everyone is in awe of a 10 minute After Effects composite of a guy in a hoodie superimposed over video footage.. LOL

About 6-7 seconds in, you can see an apparition of a hooded figure at the far end of the wall.

About 6-7 seconds in, you can see an apparition of a hooded figure at the far end of the wall.

About 6-7 seconds in, you can see a composite of a hoodie figure at the far end of the wall which was added in editing software.

Fixed it for you....LOL Couldn't resist. ;)