Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you accept the Mark of the Beast?

Clarakore

MOTB Hypothetical Scenario #4  

92 members have voted

1. 1. If the Antichrist were real would you:

• Hide in the woods and survive by hunting white fighting back and resisting until the end?
    • Stay in the city and get persecuted for not accepting the mark?
    • Accept the mark and become a follower of the Antichrist?
    • Other?

What's that got to do with Rome? :w00t:

That's right,

I wonder what the state religion is now.

Edited by Bluefinger

No offense guys, but this thread is not about Rome specifically it is about "the Mark of the Beast", Bluefinger's theory is just one viable response to the topic.

• Like 1

If it was real, I would accept it for sure.

I would rule the world with an iron fist.

Sit on my throne and make all the peasants bow before me ;)

One version says that during the time of the Antichrist but specifically when the locust who bite are loose that those who try to die will be unable too.

That sounds creepily like scientists being able to restore human life after it has expired. So what if you die and voila they bring you back to life.

I'd be pretty p***ed! :td:

I wouldn't accept the mark of something that signifies I stand with those who reckon it's fine and dandy to block out the light, the love and the freedom of individual self-expression. Though come to think of it, if the other side has a mark that states I am owned and part of someones big plan, I'd probably opt for rebellion and start my own campaign...against darkness and against light... there's gotta be another way... give me a few milleniums to think something up... :unsure2:

• Like 2

No offense guys, but this thread is not about Rome specifically it is about "the Mark of the Beast", Bluefinger's theory is just one viable response to the topic.

lol. true.

But, given that Revelation was written during Domitian's rule, when the imperial cult was holding tribunes throughout the Roman Empire to enforce pagan and emperor worship, the Roman Empire is a good healthy starting point for anyone interested in understanding the eschatology of the Mark of the Beast.

Think of it like the book Animal Farm, by Geroge Orwell. He wrote a symbolic book evidently pointing to the Russian Revolution that saw the rise of Stalin's oppressive regime. He denied it was about Stalin specifically, but critics assert that he made that statement in order to get his book sold, because Stalin was very popular for his efforts after World War II. The book was written to warn the West of the dangers of totalitarianism in the late 40's, but the concepts still apply today.

Now take that concept and apply it to the book of Revelation, and voila!

Edited by Bluefinger

my way will be carzy but i will accept the mark. become the most scaryeist general in his army and then i will betray and kill him. causeing a cival war. and if i am to win i will give the rebels the thorne and allow them to set things right.

or me and what little people will just charge in and kill him. causeing a power struggle which all of his generals will fight and kill each other to gain control of his thorne. in which cause's them to destroy each other.

good ideal. i plan on makeing a short stroy off a general who plans of overthowing the so called antichrist and giveing all the power to rebel forces. to make the suffering of the people stop.

I dont believe what is stated in Revelations has come and gone yet

Wouldnt 661 or even 660 for that matter be the first triple scale number to never appear on a digital clock ?

I don't believe in preterism either. Although I am not sure I believe in prophecy at all.

Edited by Chasingtherabbit

I think it is. If you recall the beast to which the number represents, the beast was foretold to receive a mortal wound and be healed. Obviously the beast was the Roman Empire. Revelation was received at the traditional date of 98 CE. The Roman Empire fell in 476 CE when Romulus Augustus' father was killed and he was dethroned by Oadacer of the Heruli tribe. The Franks proceeded to conquer Gaul and the Roman bishop crowned Charlemagne as imperator Augustus, forming the Germanic Roman Empire, later called the Holy Roman Empire. The mortal wound was healed. Upon the healing of this wound, the beast was also given a mouth speaking great things, and that mouth was give dominion (territory) for forty-two months (1260 years?) and was allowed to persecute the saints. It just so happens that Charlemagne's father was crowned the first Carolingian king by the bishop of Rome in 752 CE. In return, Pepin promised to give the Exarchate of Ravenna to the bishop of Rome. They later became known as the Papal States. The pope was officially a king. Later, he was the authority on who was a heretic and who wasn't, which would determine who lived and who died after the official establishment of the Office of the Inquisition.

So much lines up hundreds of years after John received the Revelation. The mark of the beast, if this interpretation is correct, continued throughout the Dark Ages, and still continues to this day.

It wasn't ever Christianity that was bad. It was Romanism that was. Therefore Roman Christianity as a state religion was just a different name to the same brand of oppressive and cruel state religion that paganism once dominated. It is no wonder why Revelation dedicated two whole chapters (17-18) to the denunciation of mystery state religions that were often the instigators to the state oppression of God's people.

So, instead of focusing on the negativity of Christianity, I instead turn the reader's attention to the cruelty of Romanesque state religion. It is foretold in Christian prophecy that Jesus Himself layeths the smacketh down on it. Even the prophecy of St. Malachy predicts that the last pope (who comes after Benedict XVI) will see the destruction of the city of Rome. (Interestingly enough, 1260 years from the day the bishop of Rome first crowned a king [Pepin} brings us to 2012, the year Pope Benedict XVI elected the next Papal Conclave, amid leaks of secret information that assassination attempts have been planned against the pope.) We'll see if this interpretation even holds water.

And Hitler, Nero, Stalin, Obama, and several others. I think Gematra wasn't being referred to here for two reasons. One, the author says, "Let him who has wisdom calculate the number of the beast..." Solomon, who earned 666 talents of gold one year just for being king, was the wisest of men. Seeing that the book of Revelation quotes so many Old Testament books it makes my head spin, it seems more logical to conclude that 666 is a reference to an Old Testament passage.

But that meant nothing to the original audience, and doesn't really strike anything with me. Sorry, I just don't see how that is relevant, or how that applies to the Roman Empire.

Can you show me where you found that? Also, how does this apply to the Roman Empire?

Interesting. However, the beast that the woman rides is scarlet, not the woman. The woman is dressed in purple and scarlet though, if that is what you meant.

lol. Funny. But seems irrelevant, especially since the original audience had sundials.

Is this view based on preterism? I don't really like preterism but to each their own.

Also you never answered the question: If one person came to power and did have a mark which you needed to buy or sell anything, what would you think about that person? Would you think they are the Antichrist and their mark is the MOTB?

This thread was never meant to be an explanation of what each person believes the MOTB is. It was meant more for those who do not believe but one day these circumstances occured. Would one begin to believe? Or would one not believe? If there was one government and they started etching on people what would you believe?

If there was one government and they started etching on people what would you believe?

Is this government etching on us because we all then have proof that the Abrahamic God and Satan exist? Or are they going on an assumption?

Nothing personal, but I am amused by those who say, (paraphrasing) "if there were a God and a Satan, then I'd never take the mark".

Well Duh! If it were that simple then we wouldn't need Faith at all.

Anyway, no offense intended to anyone. Have a great day all!

• Like 1

I'll assume this mark makes me somehow more powerful.

I'd accept it and then enjoy my new found ability's.

The way I see it is, if Hells real then I'm going to go their anyway for the things that I've done.

I'll assume this mark makes me somehow more powerful.

I'd accept it and then enjoy my new found ability's.

The way I see it is, if Hells real then I'm going to go their anyway for the things that I've done.

Have You ever heard the saying that "assumption can be the mother of all **** up's ?"

From what I have read about the MOTB is that it will not give You super power's or make You more powerful, all it will do is allow You/people to live their life as they do now by buying and selling, but it does not state how long that last's, for all we know it could be for an hour, a day maybe two

While not accepting it You cannot buy or sell, You cant even buy food or the basic's needed for living

If You do not accept it, You are supposedly guaranteed a place in Heaven, no matter what You may have previously done

Is this government etching on us because we all then have proof that the Abrahamic God and Satan exist? Or are they going on an assumption?

The way the world is headed it is very likely that one day we will have a one world government. Now add in a single leader and an economic system and it is all within the realm of possibility in our future. Even having the leader assassinated and brought back using very expensive technology is also not far fetched, not in the future.

So possibily all of the above can happen but it would still not be proof for an Abrahamic God or Satan.

The trajectory we are on make the above likely. So if it did happen would you believe?

Also explain this Mark of Cain.

The way the world is headed it is very likely that one day we will have a one world government. Now add in a single leader and an economic system and it is all within the realm of possibility in our future. Even having the leader assassinated and brought back using very expensive technology is also not far fetched, not in the future.

So possibily all of the above can happen but it would still not be proof for an Abrahamic God or Satan.

The trajectory we are on make the above likely. So if it did happen would you believe?

Also explain this Mark of Cain.

For some reason Cloning spring's to mind

If they can clone sheep and other thing's then it is also possible they can Clone a human being, that is if they have not already tried to, whether they succeeded or failed is a different matter

• Like 1

Mabe they have been doing this and we are unaware. At the hospital when a baby is born they take that baby away from its parents for awhile.

how do we know if they are putting microchips in everyone as they are born. wouldnt that be much eazyer than having fully grown people that dont want the chip fight to not get it.

• Like 1

Assuming that Satan is real:

Do you think he'd be so stupid as to let people know what the mark of the beast is? He would want you to think it is something else while tricking you into accepting the real mark of the beast - just like he'd want a prophet to be called the Anti-Christ so that when he comes we think it is the real Jesus (Again, assuming all of this is real).

If MOTB is true, EVERYONE already accepted it and didn't even realize it. In fact, it is something you need in order to be in society and work, not only does it have your forehead (face) but it has your right hand (thumb mark).

We are all awaiting hell now, I guess...

Then again, those with the mark are not the only ones going to hell, it also says that Liars, Theives, Fornicators will also be thrown in The Lake of Fire WITH the ones who got the mark, so anyone who has ever done that will also burn forever according to the book of revelations.

Edited by Arpee

Is this view based on preterism? I don't really like preterism but to each their own.

No. Its more based on historicism, which claims that the return of Jesus (or in John's words: "The Revelation of Jesus Christ") has been happening since Jesus ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven.

Also you never answered the question: If one person came to power and did have a mark which you needed to buy or sell anything, what would you think about that person?

You have set up the conversation to indicate a physical mark and not a spiritual mark, unintentionally declaring yourself a subject matter expert on TMOTB. I know thats not what you intended, so I opened up the floor to other plausible (and more historically accurate) explanations.

Would you think they are the Antichrist and their mark is the MOTB?

According to my interpretation, if someone gave me a choice between following the state sponsored religion, be it theism or humanism, against what I truly believed to be true, I would call them the antichrist trying to force everyone to receive the mark (worship false gods, people, doctrines, or institutions.)

Look at the inquisitions in the Middle Ages: The Roman Church forced Jews by threat of jail, torture, and/or death to follow the oppressive and false state religion (and by the letter no less!) Those who refused were actually given a yellow badge they had to wear that indicated that they were Jews so that nobody in the Holy Roman Empire would do business with them.

Even though John wrote about Domitian and the late first century Roman Empire's imperial cult, was it not the same case in Middle Ages, French Revolution, Nazi Germany, Russian Communistic Revolution, and more?

This thread was never meant to be an explanation of what each person believes the MOTB is. It was meant more for those who do not believe but one day these circumstances occured. Would one begin to believe? Or would one not believe? If there was one government and they started etching on people what would you believe?

As i said earlier, you are statimg that TMOTB is a physical mark, even after all the evidence I provided that it isn't neccessarily so. If the mark is a spiritual mark, then it becomes a more complex issue.

If you told the secularists in the forum that TMOTB is willfully going against the conscience by following a state sponsored religion, then they would likely reject TMOTB. If it is physical, then you can see why so many people would compromise, as seen by the survey results. There is no compromise to them because it is not perceived to be a compromise to their conscience. Its just a microchip or a barcode tattoo. Therefore, their rejection of superstition and their hunger for liberty actually stops them from accepting the mark.

For Christians, particularly in Papal jurisdiction, it becomes a more dreadful irony. Those most warned about TMOTB are the most succeptible to TMOTB because of their heritage. Need I say more than fundamentalism, crusades, inquisitions, and witch hunts?

I think that says it all.

Edited by Bluefinger
  • Like 2

They say every man has their price. If they gave me mines, I may just accept it.

What is your price?

sorry what's the question again? i was busy getting a barcode tattoed on my hand and having a microchip implant in my neck

Well, I don't think there is an actual physical mark at all. It's more likely spiritual in nature, futhermore it is possible that all that stuff in revelation has already happened except for the Return of Christ.

Well, I don't think there is an actual physical mark at all. It's more likely spiritual in nature, futhermore it is possible that all that stuff in revelation has already happened except for the Return of Christ.

How do you know it didn't? What if Jesus came down and already judge the world?