Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MOD ignores UFO reports

Still Waters

Hopefully the ET crowd finally get the message that we are not being visited by Aliens.

Hopefully the ET crowd finally get the message that we are not being visited by Aliens.

Well yes, that's the message they want to send to the John Q. Publics, at last on the "official" level, but that has no effect on people like me who have been told a very different story about ETs. In fact, lots of people have been told a very different story over the years, and lots of military and civilian officials have admitted there was a lot more to it.

I can be an "investigator" just like them if they're willing to set up a phone line at my house. I am willing to work at home for half of what it used to cost them. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

nick pope gets DENIED!

All I can say is that anyone who trusts official press releases about UFOs is a blissfully naive and trusting person who has not studied much of the history. It's also very wise to distrust scientists who make blanket pronouncements about UFOs, since in the past a lot of them turned out to be affiliated with the military, the CIA and so on, like Donald Menzel, Eric Walker and H.P. Robertson, and probably Edward Condon as well. They were not simply "objective" people looking dispassionately at the evidence, and in fact they actively concealed and lied about evidence, and kept many of the real records classified,

• Like 2

really, you take some frankly improbable pronouncement by a Government department as the definitive word on the subject?

Firstly, UFOs obviously don't pose a threat because if there really are alien starships buzzing around this planet in large numbers, and they've been here at least since 1947, if they were going to do anything bad to us, I think they'd have gotten around to it by now. The fact is, there is no defense whatsoever against hostile ETs who actually exist. Even assuming that they don't have hi-tech weapons we don't know about (and if their ships can exceed the speed of light, they presumably do), all they need to do to pound this planet into submission, or, if they're really nasty, oblivion, is to nudge a few asteroids into an intercept course. All we could possibly do about that would be to try to divert the incoming rocks with very large nukes attached to very large rockets. And we're going to run out of those long before the asteroid belt is empty. So I think we can safely assume that we aren't going to be invaded any time soon.

For similar reasons, the whole "government cover-up" scenario makes no sense whatsoever. If the aliens exist and wish to make their presence known, there's nothing any government could do about it. And if they don't want to make their presence known, why are they supposedly zooming around in plain sight? Furthermore, it's a little bit odd that flying saucers crash far more often than amazing space technology really should, but only in places where the USA and their allies can cover it up. How come they never crash in third world countries who would gleefully flog the wreckage to the highest bidder? I'm pretty sure that if an interstellar drive, even a broken one, landed in Senegal, it would be worth more than the entire country, and I don't see the Senegalese just shoving it in a secret warehouse and not telling anyone - do you? And what would Saddam Hussein or Idi Amin have done with a fully functional starship? Or even one of the smaller guns from such a craft?

You just have to look at what the Americans did with Nazi V2 rockets. They got their hands on superior space and/or weapon technology, exploited it to the max, and 24 years later they landed on the Moon, having in the meantime unfortunately invented the ICBM. If those same people have been reverse-engineering alien spaceships since 1947, how come no suspiciously huge leaps in military technology have taken place in all that time? If these ships are crude enough to crash fairly frequently, in 65 years we would have figured them out, because as monkeys go we're actually pretty smart, and by now Star Trek would be a documentary.

Oh, and dear old Nick Pope - he's the classic example of a civil servant being "promoted sideways" because he's a waste of space. Remember what a big deal The X-Files was back in the day? For some reason, this resulted in a huge increase in the number of UFO reports sent to the UK government by the general public. The thing was, anything sent to any part of the government by anyone had to be officially dealt with in some way, but space-aliens weren't actually anyone's job, so all those letters just got passed around endlessly between departments. In the end, somebody figured out that it was more cost-effective to create a tiny little government department consisting of one man and a part-time secretary so that everybody knew where to send this rubbish. Nick Pope's own books make it crystal clear that he never knew any more about UFOs than anyone else who has devoured the Weird **** section of their local library.

I've never met him, but I have met several of the people he quotes as "experts". They're just blokes with a flying saucer obsession. None of them have any special qualifications whatsoever, and at least one seemed to have serious mental health issues. And none of them came across as especially bright. Also, all of them believed multiple very weird things - some of them were committed Spiritualists before they got into Ufology thanks to the happy accident of their favorite medium also being able to contact space-aliens by telepathy. Nick Pope was clearly the Muggins who was given a useless, laughable job in a department consisting entirely of himself and thus had zero prospects of advancement because he wasn't needed elsewhere. And when The X-Files wasn't a big deal any more, the UFO reports from the general public dwindled to the usual trickle, and mysteriously Nick Pope didn't have a job any more. But by that time he'd come to believe it, so he wrote books instead.

I don't think we really need to assume that space-aliens are flying around in a conveniently unprovable fashion to explain why government departments might be a bit evasive about the precise details of military aircraft and radar technology at any time, especially during the Cold War. By the way, TheMacGuffin, you keep hinting that you're something big in the corridors of power, therefore you know more than the rest of us do (even if we happen to be Nick Pope). Without compromising yourself, can you give us a general idea of how important, and therefore privy to top secret information, you actually are? Cabinet minister? General? James Bond? Private soldier who one time reported a weird thing in the sky and didn't get taken as seriously as he'd hoped? I think we should know.

• Like 1

Furthermore, it's a little bit odd that flying saucers crash far more often than amazing space technology really should, but only in places where the USA and their allies can cover it up. How come they never crash in third world countries who would gleefully flog the wreckage to the highest bidder? I'm pretty sure that if an interstellar drive, even a broken one, landed in Senegal, it would be worth more than the entire country........

There was a crash in South Africa and legend tells that the wreckage was shipped off to the US. Another crash occurred in Mexico, and after the retrieval attempt failed, the wreckage was collected by you know who.

Oh, and dear old Nick Pope - he's the classic example of a civil servant being "promoted sideways" because he's a waste of space. Remember what a big deal The X-Files was back in the day? For some reason, this resulted in a huge increase in the number of UFO reports sent to the UK government by the general public. The thing was, anything sent to any part of the government by anyone had to be officially dealt with in some way, but space-aliens weren't actually anyone's job, so all those letters just got passed around endlessly between departments. In the end, somebody figured out that it was more cost-effective to create a tiny little government department consisting of one man and a part-time secretary so that everybody knew where to send this rubbish. Nick Pope's own books make it crystal clear that he never knew any more about UFOs than anyone else who has devoured the Weird **** section of their local library.

I have mixed feelings about him. From what I have gleaned, he was pretty much a skeptic while performing his official role. He says that one particular case (one of the UK air base incidents) finally turned him into taking the subject seriously. He left his role and has taken it seriously ever since.

Why do people get this notion, which makes such an enjoyable subject for satire, that Aliens are "crashing all the time", anyway? The most famous such incident, the one that evey talks about all the time, was in 1947. Anyway, as people have tried to suggest many times, is it really so implausible that on missions of exploration of strange new worlds there might be the occasional mishap? I don't think it need be.

• Like 1

Why do people get this notion, which makes such an enjoyable subject for satire, that Aliens are "crashing all the time", anyway? The most famous such incident, the one that evey talks about all the time, was in 1947. Anyway, as people have tried to suggest many times, is it really so implausible that on missions of exploration of strange new worlds there might be the occasional mishap? I don't think it need be.

Firstly, UFOs obviously don't pose a threat because if there really are alien starships buzzing around this planet in large numbers, and they've been here at least since 1947, if they were going to do anything bad to us, I think they'd have gotten around to it by now.

I agree....

So I think we can safely assume that we aren't going to be invaded any time soon.

I agree with this as well

For similar reasons, the whole "government cover-up" scenario makes no sense whatsoever.

I disagree with this....IF certain governments (US and Russia? and maybe one or two of their close allies)....

have used their advanced technology to shoot down and

reverse engineer (to a degree?)....any Interdimensional craft...they would probably keep this under wraps.

Not wishing to expose any military / space technology they have aquired....and not wishing to get involved in any

moral questions and arguements that would surely come their way.

If the aliens exist and wish to make their presence known, there's nothing any government could do about it. And if they don't want to make their presence known, why are they supposedly zooming around in plain sight?

perhaps 'they' are just doing their own thing in an over-lapping dimension (or accessable dimension).....using earth's magnetic / gravitational

fields or grid...?

Furthermore, it's a little bit odd that flying saucers crash far more often than amazing space technology really should, but only in places where the USA and their allies can cover it up. How come they never crash in third world countries who would gleefully flog the wreckage to the highest bidder?

If the 'crafts' have to be shot down.......then only the countries with the knowledge + technology to do the shooting down

would be the ones to get their hands on the crafts....?

I have no idea how many Craft are supposed to have been aquired, worldwide.

But I think it is highly unlikely that they would just crash.

really, you take some frankly improbable pronouncement by a Government department as the definitive word on the subject?

No i don't to be honest,but quite frankly there isn't much evidence to support it apart from dodgy Youtube video's and a whole host of conspiracy sites on the internet.

I don't trust ex-military or dodgy scientists and retired Astronauts.Roswell or any other alleged crash site,no evidence.

UFO's,just total hooha and bunkum.

No i don't to be honest,but quite frankly there isn't much evidence to support it apart from dodgy Youtube video's and a whole host of conspiracy sites on the internet.

I don't trust ex-military or dodgy scientists and retired Astronauts.Roswell or any other alleged crash site,no evidence.

What evidence were you hoping for? Then how do you explain the myriad of testimonies from 65 years of reports from all over the world. Without being outright dismissive about them, it is it pretty difficult I would think.

• Like 1

Of course. Now, what we can't take is the word of police, military, pilots, teachers, doctors, or any of these other morons that have something to say on the subject. Now, a government department? Truthful and definitive. As it's always been.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 3

Of course. Now, what we can't take is the word of police, military, pilots, teachers, doctors, or any of these other morons that have something to say on the subject. Now, a government department? Truthful and definitive. As it's always been.

You can always rely on this fella to write the post you wished you'd written yourself!

• Like 1

I blame the space-age,... that and Hollywood.

The statement was simple to understand... UFO's do not pose a risk to the National Security of the U.K.

The interesting thing that some CT'ers might construe from this is that:

1. Extra-terrestrial UFO's DO exist, but at certain levels of government they have all been granted UK Visitor Visa's

2. All alien weapons have been checked in at Heathrow airport

3. There is no evidence that UFO's are of extraterrestrial origin - and even if they are there is nothing anyone can do about it.

4. UFO's of alien origin are not a threat..

5. UFO's of Alien origen do not exist

Edited by keithisco

What evidence were you hoping for? Then how do you explain the myriad of testimonies from 65 years of reports from all over the world. Without being outright dismissive about them, it is it pretty difficult I would think.

Testimonies don't count as evidence,show me some alien wreckage and maybe a body if you can.

Testimonies don't count as evidence,show me some alien wreckage and maybe a body if you can.

For historians, witnesses do indeed count as evidence. This is one of the biggest fallacies routinely heard in the UFO field, that witnesses and documents are not evidence. Try writing about history or even current events without them and see what's left.

• Like 3

Get yourself security clearance to S4 at Papoose Lake Nevada. That's where they all end up.

• Like 1

For similar reasons, the whole "government cover-up" scenario makes no sense whatsoever. If the aliens exist and wish to make their presence known, there's nothing any government could do about it.

It makes perfect sense that there was a cover up during the Cold War, and in any case we know for a fact that there was and can prove it. We have all kinds of declassified documents to prove that--a thousand times over.

And an enemy can be hostile without resorting to a fill-fledged invasion. It happens all the time in history, just like the Cold War itself.

It was no accident that a great deal of UFO information was revealed in the 1970s, when there was a temporary relaxation of the Cold War, and then again in the 1990s after it ended.

But you do trust official press releases? I see....

In any case, what you're saying is a caricature of the real history, and I recommend Richard Dolan's books to anyone who wants to know all the details about that, as opposed to many of the casual and informed remarks that get thrown around various message boards.