Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Yellow balls fall from the sky

Still Waters

A husband and wife have been left puzzled after hundreds of tiny yellow plastic balls rained in their garden.

Dylis Scott and her husband Tony were in their garage on Monica Road, Leicester, on Sunday when the balls fell from the sky during a storm.

Mrs Scott said they started hitting the car and garage door and "shooting at me".

The Met Office said it was possible for weather systems to lift things such as dust and deposit them many miles away.

In January it was reported that 3cm diameter blue balls came raining down during a hailstorm in Bournemouth, Dorset.

Theories on what the balls could have been included crystals used in floral displays or ammunition for a toy gun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rshire-19329288

• Like 1

Golden balls? David Beckham must be involved somewhere.

Maybe he's received a Sainthood from the main man? (The main-man being God, not the Pope or any other mere mortal)

In January it was reported that 3cm diameter blue balls came raining down during a hailstorm in Bournemouth, Dorset.

Those can be quite painful.

• Like 5

Why doesn't it ever rain diamonds ,or fine jewelry ?

It's stuff like dead birds,frogs,balls ,apple's...

Where's the hail of semi precious stones

?

• Like 4

Ammunition For Toy Guns .. My Neighboughrs Use Them All The Time .. And They Hurt Like Mad!!

• Like 1

Ammunition For Toy Guns .. My Neighboughrs Use Them All The Time .. And They Hurt Like Mad!!

Yep, that's what I thought too.

6mm-soft-012gr-5000.jpg

And look, they even make them in blue!

sdbb12x2m.jpg

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 3

6mm-soft-012gr-5000.jpg

sdbb12x2m.jpg

I'm disappointed...was hoping for frozen urine from a plane. :unsure2:

• Like 4

Silly people, it's merely the excretion from aliens.

• Like 2

6mm-soft-012gr-5000.jpg

sdbb12x2m.jpg

The yellow ones look exactly like what they said fell from the sky... But, where would the wind pick up such a huge quantity of these tiny balls and why only yellow???

The blue balls that fell previously were 3 cm in diameter. Are these balls also made in this size?

• Like 2

In this day and age an analysis of the composite parts of the plastic could almost get you to the production line these were made on and the date - but I doubt anyone can be bothered with the expense. The reporter couldn't even be bothered to get the type of pics Biff gave us which clearly show exactly what they are.

• Like 2

Wouldn't someone, some factory miss all those yellow balls if the wind picked it up from Somewhere? Has anyone reported a massive loss of yellow balls? How many factories actually make these and where are they located? Was there a storm in the area? Were those balls stored outside? did the wind pick them up during a mishap in transporting them? Why isn't anyone acknowledging ownership of said balls?

Things like this drive me nuts because there is never any closure... just more questions. >:(

• Like 1

Never eat Yellow snow, hee hee
  • Like 1

I see God is contracting the chinese to make he's hail these days nothing is sacred anymore. :innocent:

• Like 1

Maybe next time!

• Like 1

At first I thought it was that weird type of fertilizer you see used in potted plants. They look like little balls that slowly disintegrate but the BB thing sounds more plausible.

(Balls...heh-heh-heh.... :whistle: )

• Like 1