Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Navy is 'running out' of sailors

Still Waters

I've never read so much garbage in my life.

Funny that I know for a fact all those reasons are true.

For a start US veterans throwing their medals away/at the goverment.

My mate the other day just posted on Facebook how the emdal he recieved was pretty much an insult.

Veterans breaking down and apoligising for what they have done.

All my mates hated being in the forces and couldn't wait to leave and now struggle to find work. Only 2 of them are still in the forces now and the only reaosn they ahven't left is becuase of how hard it's been for my other mates and they don't want to be unemployed etc.

There those are all facts. Also the ones i posted before. Prove me wrong then if it's garbage...

Funny that I know for a fact all those reasons are true.

For a start US veterans throwing their medals away/at the goverment.

My mate the other day just posted on Facebook how the emdal he recieved was pretty much an insult.

Veterans breaking down and apoligising for what they have done.

All my mates hated being in the forces and couldn't wait to leave and now struggle to find work. Only 2 of them are still in the forces now and the only reaosn they ahven't left is becuase of how hard it's been for my other mates and they don't want to be unemployed etc.

There those are all facts. Also the ones i posted before. Prove me wrong then if it's garbage...

Great except we're on about the Royal Navy lol.

Give a chance of Radicial Islamist getting on a nuclear attack sub? You must be out of your mind... there is just to much a margin of human error.

I was joking but do you seriously believe that? paranoid a little? You are the perfect citizen our current fear mongering government has labored so hard to create.

Most of them support Islamists. So it's a very sad situation.

I bet most of the ones in England do not.

Submariners get paid more than your average sailor,mostly because of the length of time they stay on mission...will say that the subs are not like the old WW2 era types..quite well kitted out now for comfort.

• Like 1

Submariners get paid more than your average sailor,mostly because of the length of time they stay on mission...will say that the subs are not like the old WW2 era types..quite well kitted out now for comfort.

and parts glow in the dark, quite a deterrent in times when everybody want to be able to live forever.

• Like 1

and parts glow in the dark, quite a deterrent in times when everybody want to be able to live forever.

Aye...saves on lighting bills when they're on leave though.. :)

• Like 1

My cousin was an Naval officer on a submarine. He actually liked it.

• Like 1

My cousin was an Naval officer on a submarine. He actually liked it.

They get called dolphins or they used to...its a good life for anyone doing it but they have to get used to being under for months at a time.

• Like 1

They get called dolphins or they used to...its a good life for anyone doing it but they have to get used to being under for months at a time.

I don't think i'd like it.

Not sure though, there one thing that would worry me..... Smells or gases lingering... You know form humans. lol

• Like 1

Not sure though, there one thing that would worry me..... Smells or gases lingering... You know form humans. lol

:D ...aye..i know what you mean... :lol:

• Like 1

Believe me or not, once they open the hatches you will say that it stinks! You get accustomed to the odors real fast and think it is normal.

• Like 2

Believe me or not, once they open the hatches you will say that it stinks! You get accustomed to the odors real fast and think it is normal.

Haha, yeah but more the thought of breathing it in that gets to me. lol

• Like 1

If their anything like the subs they sold to Canada it's no wonder no one wants to go on them

who wants to be away from their family to go under water with a bunch of stinky dudes and nuclear weapons? O.o

who wants to be away from their family to go under water with a bunch of stinky dudes and nuclear weapons? O.o

If you knew my family you wouldn't be gone for a lifetime.... :P:whistle:

• Like 1