Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tall white figure

K_Bonita

This happened about 6 years ago I was 17 years old and I still remember everything that happened that day so vividly. I was in Montreal visiting family because my uncle (my godfather) passed away and my parents,my sister and I were to there attend the wake,and funeral. It was early when we arrived in the city and my parents and older adults went to the morgue later that day to see the body, that was something us kids/teens didnt want to see so we decided to stay at my cousins house. It was later in the evening when all the adults left and told us they'll be back in a couple hours. I was the oldest being 17 so I was left in charge, my sister was 15, and two other cousins 12 and 13.

We went out for a walk at the park and returned to my cousins house before it got dark. When we arrived at the house everything was so quiet, kind of strange because everytime we went over it would be loud and busy with all the adults talking,kids playing. Nothing strange there,however we got bored a little of just sitting on the couch chatting so we decided to play some videogames. My cousins had a bunch so one of them went to the game room to grab some videogames for us to play. The area we were sitting in was in the living room...Its big has one long windown from floor to ceiling,across the window is the game room....we were sitting in the middle of the living room,to the right is a hall going into the kitchen,and to the left of the living room was a hall going to 2 bedrooms and the front door. The only lights that were on at the time were the living room lights and the game room lights.

We started to play videogames and got bored after what seemed to be an hour. The adults were still away so we started to chat about something I dont remember what it was but nothing scary. All of a sudden I felt a chill go through me and got goosebumps all on my arms..I thought to myself how strange,It wassummer time in June and really hot outside,it was also hot in the house with no windows open. I didnt say anything so we kept chatting,right after that moment to the left past the long hall in the kitchen I saw a tall figure just standing there. It was bright it looked like it was glowing white. It had the figure of a man,but I couldnt see the face or anything It was like a shadow standing glowing in white next thing I remember it walked toward the end of kitchen which I couldnt see because when you look into the kitchen from where I was in the living room the only thing you can see is the stove, you'd have to walk into the kitchen to view it all.

I wasnt frightened but was more curious to know what it could be because it was pitch black in the kitchen and the only thing I saw was this tall figure glowing white and next thing I know it seemed to move toward the end of the kitchen and it was gone. I told my sister and cousins what I saw,they got a little scared so we decided to leave the house and go outside for a walk to the quickie. We waited outside until the adults came back which seemed to take forever.

I told my grandmother,parents and aunt what I've seen...my grandmother seems to be a strong beleiver in the paranormal same with my dad...she told me it was probably my uncle who passed away saying goodbye, I almost cried but I didnt,I didnt want to show emotions around them so I kept it to myself. I miss him a lot and Im happy he came to say goodbye, He was my godfather after all and I was the first born child in our big family and he always spoiled me and brought me on trips to zoo's and parks so I do beleive it was him saying his final goodbye.

• Like 4

I see spirits regularly. It is not unusual for them to appear in black or white shapes. While no one is certain why this is, its widely believed that white shapes represent goodness, while black shapes usually represent sinister type spirits. I can't tell you that it was your uncle without being there, but if you're seeing something in white, i dont think you have anything to fear. Perhaps it is your uncle after all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to beleive it was my uncle, I've never seen something like that before and for it to happen around that time seemed a bit odd to me. It looked like a white silhouette of a person but it also had a white aura around it...almost like a glow. So I do think that it was a good spirit.

Thanks for the reply Mider! :yes:

• 10 months later...

Hello,

I have too seen this... well, I honestly don't know what it is. It was one night, I was sleeping at my friends house the other night, when I woke up abruptly and couldn't go back to sleep. I lifted myself up from the bed to see... him.... He was tall, his body was extremely pale and almost seemed to glow. His eyes were a bright yellow. He stood there, about 30 feet away or so. As I stared at him my mind became suddenly confused and dizzy. After about 5 seconds of staring at him, he disappeared. A day later, we were eating breakfast when my friends mom asked if I was okay. She said that last night she walked into the room and said I was gagging but I was awake. She told me that when she asked if I was okay I abruptly looked at her and said, "Yes, I am okay". I would have remembered something like gagging in my sleep. My friend also told me that the night after that, he heard huge banging against the door. About 3 days later I flew back home since my trip was over. That night while everyone was sleeping I heard a HUGE bang against what seemed like tile or wood floor. I asked everyone at the table if they heard this sound and nobody knew what I was talking about. Now, I believe he is truely following me.

Lord help me

-Lowden Hall

• Like 1

Welcome trollman, I do question your post based on your name.

What you go through, as i do often is Sleep Paralysis.

http://healthyliving...-and-dreaming-1

I wake up thinking people in my house, waking up believing i heard a loud noise, I once woke up and tried to rescue my sleeping wife trying to drag her to the other side of the bed because... something. Other times I attacked a shadow figure with a cricket bat. I have had it where I woke up and stared at the corner, my brain seeing a figure but if I wait and keep calm my brain fully awakes and i find myself that i was staring at coat in the darkness.

I found out by having tests that my cause is stress and also eating before going to bed. Ever since I got my new job i rarely have these problems any more.

Simple explanation, You are a guest at a foreign place than the comforts of your own home, such as sounds, smells, tempature, vibrations. You may of heard noises that disturb you in your sleep that caused you to have sleep paralysis or dream waking

That night while everyone was sleeping I heard a HUGE bang against what seemed like tile or wood floor. I asked everyone at the table if they heard this sound and nobody knew what I was talking about. Now, I believe he is truely following me.

I am sorry but What? Seriously, how does asking every one they heard a bang meant he is chasing you?

EDIT: To add, If he really wanted you, he could cut your throat while you a sleep, why bother watching you? Why bother making sure you know he is watching you. Seems too hollywood for me.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Just be happy it was white, I've had a bad experience with a shadow figure when I was little, or more commonly known as the hat man. Since it was white I'm ruling out shadow figures, it was a benevolent spirit

• Like 1

Welcome trollman, I do question your post based on your name.

What you go through, as i do often is Sleep Paralysis.

http://healthyliving...-and-dreaming-1

I wake up thinking people in my house, waking up believing i heard a loud noise, I once woke up and tried to rescue my sleeping wife trying to drag her to the other side of the bed because... something. Other times I attacked a shadow figure with a cricket bat. I have had it where I woke up and stared at the corner, my brain seeing a figure but if I wait and keep calm my brain fully awakes and i find myself that i was staring at coat in the darkness.

I found out by having tests that my cause is stress and also eating before going to bed. Ever since I got my new job i rarely have these problems any more.

Simple explanation, You are a guest at a foreign place than the comforts of your own home, such as sounds, smells, tempature, vibrations. You may of heard noises that disturb you in your sleep that caused you to have sleep paralysis or dream waking

I am sorry but What? Seriously, how does asking every one they heard a bang meant he is chasing you?

EDIT: To add, If he really wanted you, he could cut your throat while you a sleep, why bother watching you? Why bother making sure you know he is watching you. Seems too hollywood for me.

very good explanation for sp :) I too get sp but haven't hallucinated in a while, a very long while. I found that if you get rid of your fear they go away. Although sp hallucinations are true, paranormal experiences are too. After all, I was walking to the store with my stepsister when I saw the hat man, out in the open by a tree, it was terrifying and I literally screamed. I didn't see its eyes as his whole face was black but it was wearing a fancy suit and a top hat, and it wasnt casting a shadow, I believe that's what made it stand out the most, it literally had no shadow
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

To be completely clear before I begin, this is entirely speculation. There's every chance none of this is real.

Disclaimer done, based on personal experience (I've encountered both black and white figures), I hope this make sense as it's kinda hard to word. I think they are here but kinda scrambled up. Like they have other "anchor points" or live elsewhere, but what we typically see as a manifestation is "warped" if that makes sense. Kinda like a "projection", but like it's shaped / angled to be presented to us as a form. It's a bit like if you imagine you're looking at a pixellated picture. That's kinda how we see things generally. Now imagine each of those pixels are entire bendy surfaces, stretched much further out. We kinda just see the bits that interact with our place and time, but each pixel in reality is just part of a complex mass of crossovers and bendy surfaces. It can seem to us like sometimes matter just appears or vanishes, but the reality is it's always there. It's like that for them too I think. It felt like in reality there wasn't really any distance between here and there, but the black forms weren't their actual forms, it's just the universe wasn't quite what I thought it was.

Now I've explained that really badly and most likely confused everything more, the kinda shorter version is that I think they MAy be real, but may not always be manifested, or even seem solid sometimes. Their appearance doesn't necessarily mean it's their "real form". As for them being alive / dead etc, I wouldn't make any assumptions. The universe has more "depth" to it then it seems at first, and sometimes the vast spaces aren't all that vast. Like us though, everything living may vary ;)

• Like 1

Ooops I missed the key bit from your posting didn't I.

In the case of the white figure, it's highly possible it was, yes.

To put it another way, the last time I saw a white figure stood watching (my wife) like that late at night when something woke me up, I later discovered my Wife's uncle, whom she grew up with and was very fond of, had died about the time of the "appearance". We didn't even know he was unwell at the time. And no, I wasn't dreaming. Yes, I was able to move. Yes, my wife can confirm I'd seen something, as it made me jump (lol), and I spoke very loudly (something like "what the hell?") and gave her a shove to wake her up lol.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

i have also seen a white bright glowing tall figure it had no face  but i remember how it happend for me ok i was going to my friend and where there like 2-3 hours we had so much fun but when i had to go i got a lift so me and my friend just walked a small way to his car  then we heard something in the fortress and looked in there then the tall figure just looked at us in like 3 seconds then it just ran away me and friend run as fastest we could to the car this happend when i was like 8-9 or something but it was like 2009 or 2012 dont remember the year right but otherwise i see you live in canada i live in sweden its like same temperatur . and i still remember that 3 minutes so badly

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I was out in the woods one day with friends when we all saw a white figure circle around us with a flash of orange behind it. I moved from then and now I see a black figure...

so I have seen a black and a white figure with no Face

Edited by IsaacAeb
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I seen white and black shadow people, and a pale creature except i didn't see its face. only cheast area

Edited by zenron
spelling mistake

It's hard to speak honestly in threads like this. If you say anything other than "Yes it was your uncle/mom/grandpa/whatever" you will be perceived as a heartless dick.

Edited by moonman

Necromancy is real...............................:ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure i would do a LBPR anyway to get rid of anything that might be there it's not always a family member or a friend.