Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dopplegangers

SSilhouette

I was told I had a doppelganger once. He was from a city north of mine, and came down to play cardgames at the local game store. So, one day, I went there when he was there. Turns out the guy only looked like me in the vaguest sense, we had a laugh, and then I murdered him because there can be only one I went home.

My story isn't as interesting as any of yours.

That's a good story ! Not many get to meet their look alikes :)

I got a chuckle with the crossed out line, you must be a highlander at heart!

Be glad your story isn't as "interesting", it's less disturbing than trying to figure out the other kind.

• 1 year later...

OK, clarifying here. For instance, maybe you could be inadvertently caught by one of the many CCTV cameras in use today. 

If someone saw you at a business location while you were at a different location on another CCTV, that would be really cool. Ive managed several restaurants, for example, and I would be glad to review footage to prove someone was in fact two places at once.

Edited by Wes4747

Not sure about doppelganger or projecting my astral self, but when I was thirteen, I had dreamt I was coming up from my bedroom in the basement to go upstairs to use the loo.  When I got up there, my mom, her friend Barb, and Barb's sister Deb were all in the kitchen, smoking, had the oldies on, I believe 'Love Me Do' and laughing themselves up a good time.

When the dream is done, I wake up, and head for the bathroom.  Sure enough, I make my way upstairs, I hear them laughing, and when I walk into the kitchen, there they are, just like the dream.  Even the song was at the exact same spot.  I had asked them if I had been up here already, to which they said no, so for once, I wasn't sleep walking.  

Ssilhouette, your experiences are insane, and I just love how blase you are about it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some experiences, I can't say if it is a doppleganger, but I thought this would be the place to share it...

I have had strangers walk up to me, start a conversation with me and when they see the look on my face, they'll ask me what's wrong and I end up replying... "Do I know you?" Sometimes they think I'm kidding but I honestly do not know these people, I have never met them. I've also had people say they saw me somewhere that I have never even traveled to, let alone would have been at the time they say they saw me. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be somewhat in this category of conversation.

If you're wondering if I am ill, yes, I do suffer with some illnesses at times. I'm not sure if that helps any...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, horrorgirl81 said:

I have had some experiences, I can't say if it is a doppleganger, but I thought this would be the place to share it...

I have had strangers walk up to me, start a conversation with me and when they see the look on my face, they'll ask me what's wrong and I end up replying... "Do I know you?" Sometimes they think I'm kidding but I honestly do not know these people, I have never met them. I've also had people say they saw me somewhere that I have never even traveled to, let alone would have been at the time they say they saw me. I'm not sure what it is, but it seems to be somewhat in this category of conversation.

If you're wondering if I am ill, yes, I do suffer with some illnesses at times. I'm not sure if that helps any...

I had someone who looked just like me. I started to visit the places I was seen where I knew it wasn't me. It took about a year before I got to see someone who looked like a twin, though we really weren't related. It was creepy because we both said hey, we finally get to meet. Seems both us were getting told we that we had a twin and for a good reason! 

Maybe you can go to the places the other person was seen and meet them as well :)

• Like 1

Good idea. The sightings that others have seen have been so long ago that I don't know or remember where the places were that thy say they saw me. But if it ever happens again, I'll definitely do that.

• Like 1

It's a glitch in the Schrodinger sub-program. You exist, but only exist when people observe you and sometimes the information hit's a quantum snag and makes you show up in a place you were going to show up anyway. It's the same glitch that causes astral projection. Our synthetic overlords use it to keep us guessing. True storyB)

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

It's a glitch in the Schrodinger sub-program. You exist, but only exist when people observe you and sometimes the information hit's a quantum snag and makes you show up in a place you were going to show up anyway. It's the same glitch that causes astral projection. Our synthetic overlords use it to keep us guessing. True storyB)

Xeno Fish you made me laugh with that one :)

• Like 1