Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dopplegangers

SSilhouette

Yep, holding on to anger and hate are very bad things indeed.

Pregnancy/children at 70? My God! I pray that never happens to me. You hear of it in the medical reports now and then but wow...getting a first hand report like this just blows my mind. Who raised them? The daughters (siblings) or granddaughters (neices) of the mother?

Do any of them have the "double" talent your mother did?

Yep, holding on to anger and hate are very bad things indeed.

Pregnancy/children at 70? My God! I pray that never happens to me. You hear of it in the medical reports now and then but wow...getting a first hand report like this just blows my mind. Who raised them? The daughters (siblings) or granddaughters (neices) of the mother?

Do any of them have the "double" talent your mother did?

The mother moved in with the grandson by her husband's first marriage, so he became their father and provider and she lived to see them grown. The twins were a girl and boy. Each generation from the boy also had sets of twins. They were not ancestors of my mother and I never heard any tales about them other than spiritual gifts of vision, healing and surviving all sorts of horrible diseases and battles that should have killed them in those pioneer days. My mother is the only relative I was privy to know that has a double that can manifest.

Heres an interesting read on the subject

A Doppelganger is considered the evil twin, the harbinger of misfortune, the omen of death, and is very rare. In most cases, the victim of this haunting activity is in danger with their immediate surroundings, family, or in some cases the victim themselves are in grave danger of illness or death.

http://www.paranorma...oughout-history

Edited by jamesjr191

Heres an interesting read on the subject

A Doppelganger is considered the evil twin, the harbinger of misfortune, the omen of death, and is very rare. In most cases, the victim of this haunting activity is in danger with their immediate surroundings, family, or in some cases the victim themselves are in grave danger of illness or death.

http://www.paranorma...oughout-history

Or in some cases like mine, they produce the double as a byproduct of deep lucid dreaming for decades. But yes, I'm always tired when it happens. It isn't evil. So far all its been seen doing is trying to feed horses, talking to people, trying to protect some goats from harm or just walking around. I want to train it to do laundry and the dishes while I'm asleep or engaged with other things. :tu:

• Like 1

It's staying busy trying to keep up with you workload! :clap:

Edited by jamesjr191
  • Like 1

Interesting enough when i was a teenager i was sitting in our living room which faces the street. just sitting there watching tv and something made me look up out the window and at that moment two boys who looked exactly like my two brothers walked past. Everything looked like them right down to their clothes. After this i ran out of our lounge to their room and there they were playing. After this i explained to my mother what happened and she jokeingly said where is your twin?Strange.

You should make yourself tired and pushing the brink of death ( like run 15 miles on no sleep, don't actually kill yourself please ) and have your son or daughter go around with a camera all day.

It would be awesome to see some real video proof, and you might even turn a nice profit off of it.

Edit: You would actually need a camera on you at all times too. A go pro would work well.

It's 4am here so I don't really want to work out all the details, but I'm sure you get the point.

Edited by Use your brain

You should make yourself tired and pushing the brink of death ( like run 15 miles on no sleep, don't actually kill yourself please ) and have your son or daughter go around with a camera all day.

It would be awesome to see some real video proof, and you might even turn a nice profit off of it.

Edit: You would actually need a camera on you at all times too. A go pro would work well.

It's 4am here so I don't really want to work out all the details, but I'm sure you get the point.

I'm not really after fame or noteriety. But cash? Yeah, I could use some of that!

It's not that easy. It's not like every time I become ragged tired my doppleganger pops out. It sort of does like an epileptic siezure. Random. Completely by surprise. In fact siezures would probably be more predictable.

And having a camera on me might not show anything. People see me and that doesn't change, except the time I was in my room that once. Then apparently I "disappeared". It's like two different footages of me are running at the same time and doing like an alternating current between two time lines, then they converge again and then there's just one me.

• 1 month later...

I SAW MYSELF. Please read my post named 'I need answers' your opinions would be so welcome right now.

Hope I helped you on your other thread? Sorry I didn't have much else to offer except what I/others saw and observed in my own case.

I would like to think lots of people look like or resemble one another in this world.. Or maybe common face?

Seen lots of people who look like another person.

In my 2nd job, while teabreak one of my colleague was saying she saw this Colleague ( S ).

However it was S's off day. She tried calling S but S did not respond..

Not sure what it was though..

I would like to think lots of people look like or resemble one another in this world.. Or maybe common face?

Seen lots of people who look like another person.

In my 2nd job, while teabreak one of my colleague was saying she saw this Colleague ( S ).

However it was S's off day. She tried calling S but S did not respond..

Not sure what it was though..

Well sure. There's that. But this is different. Most of the sightings took place at my property where my dogs patrol and bark and confront strangers coming around. The particular case where the girls saw me walking out to the stalls they knew was "me". Same height, clothing drywall mud etc. The chances of anyone matching that exact description on my place that day with the dogs not alerting to "stranger" are zero. I can say that with finality.

Who those girls saw was me, but not me. I was in two places at once.

Well sure. There's that. But this is different. Most of the sightings took place at my property where my dogs patrol and bark and confront strangers coming around. The particular case where the girls saw me walking out to the stalls they knew was "me". Same height, clothing drywall mud etc. The chances of anyone matching that exact description on my place that day with the dogs not alerting to "stranger" are zero. I can say that with finality.

Who those girls saw was me, but not me. I was in two places at once.

Very eerie... Never experienced b4..

• 2 months later...

Daughter saw my double again last night. This would be the first time in many years. She said she saw me walking from our TV room into the kitchen. When she discovered I was still sitting where she'd left a few minutes before and hadn't gotten up, she was so startled that she had to kneel to catch her breath and calm down. I apologized. But I wasn't surprised. I've been so overextended lately and just whipped tired. And this is when it always happens. I have no control over it at all. Just none. It's kind of frustrating.

SSilhouette I just had to post, it happened to me for the first time yesterday!

I bet it will happen with you daughter too someday when she's older.

I was more down than usual because of a bacterial infection and finishing a round of antibiotics a week prior. I thought I was just intentionally in astral but I was SEEN in one room and asleep in the other. It made me very tired after too and it wasn't intentional to manifest the ghost. It was different than astral because I was horribly tired and kind of depressed after.

The only difference I noticed was I was walking not floating here and there.

Astral or lucid dreaming always picks me up but this didn't.

Makes me wonder if antibiotics have something to do with it happening and that is why it happens to people more when they are sick?

Edited by White Unicorn

SSilhouette I just had to post, it happened to me for the first time yesterday!

I bet it will happen with you daughter too someday when she's older.

I was more down than usual because of a bacterial infection and finishing a round of antibiotics a week prior. I thought I was just intentionally in astral but I was SEEN in one room and asleep in the other. It made me very tired after too and it wasn't intentional to manifest the ghost. It was different than astral because I was horribly tired and kind of depressed after.

The only difference I noticed was I was walking not floating here and there.

Astral or lucid dreaming always picks me up but this didn't.

Makes me wonder if antibiotics have something to do with it happening and that is why it happens to people more when they are sick?

Who saw you and what exactly did they describe?

I find this subject very creepy and scary :(

It is very scary

Zak Bagans told me that if you see your double..your going to die..:(

Who saw you and what exactly did they describe?

My husband, he knows I meditate and channel stuff but we never discussed astral lucid dreaming or doubles. His family always had dead people ghost events but nothing like this. He would rather not understand how anything works but I do. He's perceptive so maybe that's why he saw me? He thinks my mother is witch. I'm afraid he might now think daughter like mother. I'm scared I don't want to be like her and this happened.

I was doing morning meditation and actually thinking of biblical Joseph and his torn multi colored coat of "being ate by the wolf" I went to the other room saw him and walked back and went to sleep.

He told me he saw me go back into bathroom with a really ugly old patched ripped robe of all different colors and I wouldn't speak to him. He followed me in to ask why I was wearing such a ugly robe something my mother would wear but he saw I disappeared and was under the covers asleep. He guesses he may have seen an ghost or angel impersonating me and is creeped out. I didn't tell him any different. I'm kind of wondering if my number is coming up to join the spirit realms? I'm very creeped out too, but I want to understand what is happening to all us that experience these things. I guess we will never know at least not soon enough.

Zak Bagans told me that if you see your double..your going to die.. :(

That scares me because I have too many things left undone although the other place is better than here.

My husband, he knows I meditate and channel stuff but we never discussed astral lucid dreaming or doubles. His family always had dead people ghost events but nothing like this. He would rather not understand how anything works but I do. He's perceptive so maybe that's why he saw me? He thinks my mother is witch. I'm afraid he might now think daughter like mother. I'm scared I don't want to be like her and this happened.

I was doing morning meditation and actually thinking of biblical Joseph and his torn multi colored coat of "being ate by the wolf" I went to the other room saw him and walked back and went to sleep.

He told me he saw me go back into bathroom with a really ugly old patched ripped robe of all different colors and I wouldn't speak to him. He followed me in to ask why I was wearing such a ugly robe something my mother would wear but he saw I disappeared and was under the covers asleep. He guesses he may have seen an ghost or angel impersonating me and is creeped out. I didn't tell him any different. I'm kind of wondering if my number is coming up to join the spirit realms? I'm very creeped out too, but I want to understand what is happening to all us that experience these things. I guess we will never know at least not soon enough.

That's very interesting. Especially because you seemed to be projecting what your mind happened to be thinking at the time.

I'm still around and I've had people say they've seen my double numerous times. But then again, I've been doing lucid dreaming for many decades now, ever since I was a very young child. And I've struck down a road of another esoteric discipline that teaches how to handle and even will the double to appear. I've had no success at this, the willing part, but it sounds from your description like you were close.

I wouldn't be afraid if you have talents like these. Just be sure to get plenty of rest, eat well, be well and laugh about it. If you start freaking out about it and worrying, you could actually damage your body and THAT is how I believe people who have their double pop up and people telling them "it's bad"..actually get psyched into it being bad. If something scares you, try to make it funny. Put a funny edge on it. To ease the fears of my children as they saw and reported my apparition, I would say "oh, looks like mommy's falling apart again"..giggle and then tickle them in the stomach or something. I made a joke out of it and it eased their fears immediately.

It's only a scary subject if you cling to the ideas of the world that people have fed you since you were little. Then you become brittle that way and the tinest change or new profound experience can shatter you. Laughter and making light of it turns the brittle into rubber and makes you supple and resilient.

• Like 1

I had an interesting experience with something like that.

I was lying in bed suffering a migraine and my partner was next to me, sleeping. I was facing away from him. I knew I had migraine medicine elsewhere in the house, but I was trying to tough it out. Anyway, I saw my partner in his robe come around to my side of the bed. He had the migraine medication in his hand and he said why don't you take this? I told him that I also had an upset tummy, and I thought I would just throw it up. He set the medicine and the glass of water on the nightstand and kissed me on the forehead. Then he walked out of the room. I thought about it for a minute, then I decided to take the medicine. Immediately, after that, I rolled over...and there was my partner lying next to me, and still sound asleep. I woke him and asked him, and he had never been awake. The bottle of medicine and the glass of water was actually on the nightstand. I had taken some, and I didn't get sick. The migraine went away.

Whatever it was, it seemed to care about me, and it was able to mimic my partner perfectly. I would have never known it wasn't him. He looked, sounded, and felt the same. His robe was the same, and his scent was even the same. Regardless of the fact that this being seemed benign...even benevolent...that's extremely creepy. I wondered if it had the capability of shape-shifting.

That's very interesting. Especially because you seemed to be projecting what your mind happened to be thinking at the time.

I'm still around and I've had people say they've seen my double numerous times. But then again, I've been doing lucid dreaming for many decades now, ever since I was a very young child. And I've struck down a road of another esoteric discipline that teaches how to handle and even will the double to appear. I've had no success at this, the willing part, but it sounds from your description like you were close.

I wouldn't be afraid if you have talents like these. Just be sure to get plenty of rest, eat well, be well and laugh about it. If you start freaking out about it and worrying, you could actually damage your body and THAT is how I believe people who have their double pop up and people telling them "it's bad"..actually get psyched into it being bad. If something scares you, try to make it funny. Put a funny edge on it. To ease the fears of my children as they saw and reported my apparition, I would say "oh, looks like mommy's falling apart again"..giggle and then tickle them in the stomach or something. I made a joke out of it and it eased their fears immediately.

It's only a scary subject if you cling to the ideas of the world that people have fed you since you were little. Then you become brittle that way and the tinest change or new profound experience can shatter you. Laughter and making light of it turns the brittle into rubber and makes you supple and resilient.

I've been an astral experiencer since childhood and lucid dreams because I always know I'm asleep and in control. I have noticed when I come back from a lower astral realm as I call it thenear to earth reality, if I have form used there I can wake up here and have effects on my body like cuts or burns etc from events there. I'm now beginning to think I might have actually had a double there, if I did that means I had control of a double but just didn't realize it until now.

I had an interesting experience with something like that.

I was lying in bed suffering a migraine and my partner was next to me, sleeping. I was facing away from him. I knew I had migraine medicine elsewhere in the house, but I was trying to tough it out. Anyway, I saw my partner in his robe come around to my side of the bed. He had the migraine medication in his hand and he said why don't you take this? I told him that I also had an upset tummy, and I thought I would just throw it up. He set the medicine and the glass of water on the nightstand and kissed me on the forehead. Then he walked out of the room. I thought about it for a minute, then I decided to take the medicine. Immediately, after that, I rolled over...and there was my partner lying next to me, and still sound asleep. I woke him and asked him, and he had never been awake. The bottle of medicine and the glass of water was actually on the nightstand. I had taken some, and I didn't get sick. The migraine went away.

Whatever it was, it seemed to care about me, and it was able to mimic my partner perfectly. I would have never known it wasn't him. He looked, sounded, and felt the same. His robe was the same, and his scent was even the same. Regardless of the fact that this being seemed benign...even benevolent...that's extremely creepy. I wondered if it had the capability of shape-shifting.

It could have actually BEEN your partner. That's the thing, the double IS the self. We have a spirit body, and a personality body. But they are both "us". The double is the spirit body splitting away. The spirit body is the one that knows what is needed IMHO. And so, since migraines are horrible and your partner obviously cares about you, his spirit-self split away from his snoring physical form and went to get you what you needed. Without even needing to be told, his spirit knew you were headed for trouble and moved to help you.

Which is exceedingly beautiful. I hope you cherish that relationship. All I ever seem to run into are louts that ignore or even seem to delight in my pain and suffering.

Marry that man if you haven't already! :tu:

• Like 1

I was told I had a doppelganger once. He was from a city north of mine, and came down to play cardgames at the local game store. So, one day, I went there when he was there. Turns out the guy only looked like me in the vaguest sense, we had a laugh, and then I murdered him because there can be only one I went home.

My story isn't as interesting as any of yours.