Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have never felt sleep paralysis?

Kevin28

Is it normal to have never felt sleep paralysis in my whole life as far as i can remember?

How would i change myself so that i can start feeling it?

Why would you want to? It's a horrible experience that leaves you feeling terrified. As far as I am concerned you should count yourself lucky

• Like 1

It only sounds fun because you haven't been through it yet. But if your set on doing it just mess around with occult stuff and sooner or later you will get it. Lucid dreaming especially

You're lucky. It sucks.

• Like 1

Sleep paralysis is not in any way associated with the occult, lucid dreaming or astral travel techniques. It is basically as quoted here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

"Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which people who are either falling asleep or awakening from sleep temporarily experience a sense of inability to move, similar to that which occurs when an arm or leg goes "to sleep", but not associated with numbness. More formally, it is a transition state between wakefulness and rest characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is thought to be a result of disrupted REM sleep which is normally characterized by complete muscle atonia that prevents individuals from acting out their dreams. "

A perfectly normal function of the body/mind to ensure we don't run amock while dreaming and act out our dreams, for some this function does not work correctly/in tune ie: sleep walking or those that experience the residual feelings of paralysis on waking or just before falling asleep.

• Like 2

Is it normal to have never felt sleep paralysis in my whole life as far as i can remember?

How would i change myself so that i can start feeling it?

Not every one does. I think it's like 40% evenchually have it.

Never mind the fear mongering and occult labels. The fact that you want it to happen will change your experience when it actually happens. That is of course, if you can maintain a level if lucidity. You might have it happen one day and not relize it and suffer the fear response. This is ok. I actually think the experience is positive. It teaches you to rise above and integrate your shadow which is an important psychological process.

In fact, all the people I try and help with chronic sleep paralysis I try to get them to have your exact attitude. The desire to explore and non fear is a key element in over comeing it. I usually post thank you letters from people that achieve this on my blog.

• Like 1

It only sounds fun because you haven't been through it yet. But if your set on doing it just mess around with occult stuff and sooner or later you will get it. Lucid dreaming especially

Pppffffttt!!!!

Not every one does. I think it's like 40% evenchually have it.

Never mind the fear mongering and occult labels. The fact that you want it to happen will change your experience when it actually happens. That is of course, if you can maintain a level if lucidity. You might have it happen one day and not relize it and suffer the fear response. This is ok. I actually think the experience is positive. It teaches you to rise above and integrate your shadow which is an important psychological process.

In fact, all the people I try and help with chronic sleep paralysis I try to get them to have your exact attitude. The desire to explore and non fear is a key element in over comeing it. I usually post thank you letters from people that achieve this on my blog.

Dude, seriously? That stuff is outright evil. I can't speak for everyone but I know that my experience had nothing to do with my mindset and everything to do with the powers of evil trying to destroy me, and no it is not my "shadow" as you put it but a spirit attack, I know this because at the same time there was paranormal stuff going on as well

Dude, seriously? That stuff is outright evil. I can't speak for everyone but I know that my experience had nothing to do with my mindset and everything to do with the powers of evil trying to destroy me, and no it is not my "shadow" as you put it but a spirit attack, I know this because at the same time there was paranormal stuff going on as well

You were not being attacked by a spirit. I have been through everything you have, and probably much more.

I have faced off with shadow aswell. Once you grow past it, you find that it was slways you in the first place. There is no spiritual evil.

This happens to me a lot and it stresses me out because I can stay awake and can not move because if I do move a bad thing will happen. The world will end. That is how it effects me.

You were not being attacked by a spirit. I have been through everything you have, and probably much more.

I have faced off with shadow aswell. Once you grow past it, you find that it was slways you in the first place. There is no spiritual evil.

Like I said before, shadow aspect of the mind would be likely only if the whole series of events were confined to my own mind. It does not explain paranormal phenomena that happens in broad daylight. Nevertheless the whole situration was resolved not by intergration or welcoming it, but by fighting back with the power of Christ. The truth of the matter is most strange phenomnena, ghosts, astral travel, remote viewing( which I was interested in for a time), UFOs, past lives, and other such wobbydy whop is simply evil spirits playing mindgames with us

Belief or Faith, are true powers.

Belief and faith in God or Jesus are a legitimet & powerful tool in fighting negative entities.

But these negative entities are born of that same belief & faith.

Years ago sleep paralysis was nightmareish and there was always something there that was after me.

Since then, I've managed to induce sleep paralysis through meditation several times recently with no negative entities to bother me.

The only thing that's changed is my belief & faith that these negative entities were born of my own beliefs..

Like I said before, shadow aspect of the mind would be likely only if the whole series of events were confined to my own mind. It does not explain paranormal phenomena that happens in broad daylight. Nevertheless the whole situration was resolved not by intergration or welcoming it, but by fighting back with the power of Christ. The truth of the matter is most strange phenomnena, ghosts, astral travel, remote viewing( which I was interested in for a time), UFOs, past lives, and other such wobbydy whop is simply evil spirits playing mindgames with us

And what kind of personal proof of that can you articulate. I'm not asking for scientific proof..... God knows that im on the fringe of many things... But I want to know why you think that?

Belief or Faith, are true powers.

Belief and faith in God or Jesus are a legitimet & powerful tool in fighting negative entities.

But these negative entities are born of that same belief & faith.

Years ago sleep paralysis was nightmareish and there was always something there that was after me.

Since then, I've managed to induce sleep paralysis through meditation several times recently with no negative entities to bother me.

The only thing that's changed is my belief & faith that these negative entities were born of my own beliefs..

Good job professor... And you did not need to become a hippy to figure it out :);) ;) ;)

Unfortunately our Christian brothers and sisters have not really delt with it... They have only passed it off.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

People who claim they've been abducted by aliens say they can't move while in bed but science

says sleep paralysis is what they are experiencing.