Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Supersquatch

Ukraine Tries to Ban SpongeBob Squarepants

72 posts in this topic

This whole thing is irrelevant because sponge bob isn't gay. He has a girlfriend.

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with fashion, possessions, etc. Those are all baseless stereotypes.

So if some guy walks down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks he isnt of the pink orientation?

Homosexuality should not be promoted and we shouldnt be exposing our children to it. If, after the age of 18, two people of the same sex what to engage in pink behaviour thats their choice. Spongebob should be rated 18+

So if some guy walks down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks he isnt of the pink orientation?

Homosexuality should not be promoted and we shouldnt be exposing our children to it. If, after the age of 18, two people of the same sex what to engage in pink behaviour thats their choice. Spongebob should be rated 18+

Mr.RW see post above yours.

1 person likes this

This whole thing is irrelevant because sponge bob isn't gay. He has a girlfriend.

I dont think Sandy is really his girlfriend(partner)

I have seen almost every eposide and only a few reference such so hard to say if they are actually a couple, I would say the both have crushes on each other but never really make it clear that they are together

Squidward I would more say is gay.

Yes I am a grown man(and not gay), hahah but spongebob rocks.

Edited by The Id3al Experience

Why? straight things are promoted all the time? why couldnt the gay community have a gay cartoon?

May be your answer will be becuase straight is normal?

I would answer, No love is normal, The sex of the person should NEVER matter.

Spongebob should be rated 18+

I assume this is based on SpongeBob being gay?

The trouble with this is that he isn't, he does not have a girlfriend but has had a few crushes on 'female' characters.

I dont think Sandy is really his girlfriend(partner)

I have seen almost every eposide and only a few reference such so hard to say if they are actually a couple,

Just for you (sorry its from a Wiki though). http://spongebob.wik...'s_relationship

Just hints rather than facts (well as factual as you can be with Spongebob).

I think spongebob is just an enlightened being hahah he has fun no matter what, and never hurts a fly :)

This is exactly why I have no issues with my son watching SpongeBob, he is an all round good guy (straight or gay).

Squidward I would more say is gay.

Would have said that too but... http://spongebob.wik...m/wiki/Squilvia

He is also my favourite character.

Yes I am a grown man(and not gay), hahah but spongebob rocks.

SpongeBob rocks. :tu:

Edited by Junior Chubb
1 person likes this

From Wiki:

Romantic involvement

Despite claims by the show's creators that SpongeBob is "somewhat asexual",[4] several annuals state that SpongeBob holds romantic feelings for Sandy, which could be shown in examples where SpongeBob brings Sandy flowers on occasion. SpongeBob is also shown to compliment Sandy frequently. In the episode "Ripped Pants," SpongeBob becomes jealous when Larry the Lobster tries to take Sandy away to hang out, and in this same episode SpongeBob sings a song dedicated to Sandy from his heart. On November 6, 2009, a one-hour special entitled "Truth or Square" aired to commemorate the series' tenth anniversary, playing this relationship off as a hoax, in which she and SpongeBob were in a play that included a wedding. It is revealed in the Official Annual 2010 book that SpongeBob loves Sandy, through the True or False game that lists "SpongeBob loves Sandy?" as a true question, with the subtitle "Sure he does!".

Edited by Spid3rCyd3
2 people like this

Ah, a provocative opinion for any occasion.

What if a guy that looked like you or me was gay and was walking down the street?

Homosexuality should not be promoted and we shouldnt be exposing our children to it.

Nobody's exposing anybody's children. However, telling them that homosexuality is not the work of the devil might help. Oh, and telling them not to be bigoted, unlike some supposed parents, is good, too.

If, after the age of 18, two people of the same sex what to engage in pink behaviour thats their choice.

You've said something I can actually agree with!

Spongebob should be rated 18+

Never mind...

And why is that? Are you coming with this 18+ rule due to the ignorance of the Ukraine "morality police"? SpongeBob isn't gay, you know. Any guy who isn't blind can watch the television and tell you SpongeBob isn't gay.

You clearly have never been to London. You should go, I know you'd love the sight!

Edited by FLOMBIE

Ever notice that homophobes spend a lot of time thinking & talking about homosexuality?

Who are they trying to convince about the immorality of being gay?

Ever hear of Ted Haggard? An evangelist preacher and president of the national evangelical association and married man that was one of the loudest anti gay activists was exposed by his gay lover as a illegal drug abuser, adulterer, and a homosexual!!

“The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There’s a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life,” Ted Haggard

LMAO!!! Most homophobes are in denial!

1 person likes this

Ever notice that homophobes spend a lot of time thinking & talking about homosexuality?

Who are they trying to convince about the immorality of being gay?

An interesting article about this: http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=homophobes-might-be-hidden-homosexuals

Ever hear of Ted Haggard? An evangelist preacher and president of the national evangelical association and married man that was one of the loudest anti gay activists was exposed by his gay lover as a illegal drug abuser, adulterer, and a homosexual!!

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life," Ted Haggard

LOL! Never heard of him but hearing this makes me laugh.

1 person likes this

Why? straight things are promoted all the time? why couldnt the gay community have a gay cartoon?

May be your answer will be becuase straight is normal?

I would answer, No love is normal, The sex of the person should NEVER matter.

I would pick you up on that and say that Heterosexuality ('Straight' people as you call them) is the norm in the sense that it is biologically what is meant to happen to someone when developing, the whole point being that the two genders of a species are meant to develop biologically so that they are attracted to each other, not members of the same gender, and they can reproduce and continue the species.

This isn't my opinion, it's primary school biology. I don't have anything against homosexuals, I just don't like it when people start making out that heterosexuality isn't the intended sexuality of a properly developed human being. Homosexuality is a fault of development in the womb, it's a fault that doesn't matter, because in the West we are accepting of this biological failure, and I know that sounds harsh but that is what it is, but like I said, it's a development failure that we ignore and accept as something that is going to happen to some people, then we move on and accept their sexuality, even though it is not what was meant to happen.

I've heard that comment a lot, I've never really understood it, it's sort of like saying a Black supremacist is really Chinese in denial...

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

Why not?

And I'm not talking about "some guy walking down the street in black leather pants with holes for his butt cheeks".But really,is that any different than a female walking down the street with her butt cheeks hanging out of her too small shorts?

My kids are exposed to that daily.Tell me,is that any worse?

Bad comparison.My homosexual friends have enough dignity to dress conservatively.But you get the analogy.

Back to the question.Why not?

This thread is about a cute little cartoon sponge that some seem to think promotes homosexuality. What I want to know is exactly how and with what content does Sponge Bob do this? To say that Sponge Bob cartoons should be for adults only has to be based on something specific...and quite frankly (having seen this cartoon) I'm just not seeing it.

This thread is about a cute little cartoon sponge that some seem to think promotes homosexuality. What I want to know is exactly how and with what content does Sponge Bob do this? To say that Sponge Bob cartoons should be for adults only has to be based on something specific...and quite frankly (having seen this cartoon) I'm just not seeing it.

Probably just petty things like Spongebob and Patrick's relationship and, in general, the stupidity (Is there a better word?) of the characters in the cartoon. To judge that as gay, though, makes me wonder if these "morality police" were ever children.

Edited by Taylor Reints

You're going at extremes here. Also why shouldnt it be promoted? It won't change their sexuality watching the show. In fact, it would possibly even help out those who are closeted or those made to feel ashamed about what they are. You do not obtain a sexuality after the age of 18.

Or do you feel it is right to oppress those who have this sexual orientation? Simply because it does not fit with your norms.

On another note spongebob is hilarious. When I watch it I don't think about his sexual orientation or feel influenced by whatever is happening. It is just a funny show.

Lilly

I am unsure what "promoting" would mean. Sponge Bob has an American adult gay fan base. In other words, the cartoon has caught on in a subculture as something besides a children's entertainment.

Why? Not because Sponge Bob is a prominent spokesponge for marriage equality, if that's what the Ukrainian activists are worreid about.

Kermit the frog is also popular among adults, so far as I know, both gay and straight. What does Kermit "promote?" How does Kermit "promote" it? Speaking as an adult friend of Kermit, I sense there is an "adult sensibility" behind Kermit, even if he is a plush puppet who does silly things in silly situatutions.

If I knew how to create a "sensibility" of any kind in a cloth bag or an animated drawing, then I'd go into those lines of work. However, with Kermit, the sensation I have is that the people behind Kermit know about what concerns me as an adult. I think that that knowingness, the knowingness that informs an otherwise silly exercise, is what I appreciate in Kermit.

You don't have to be a kid to get something from "It's not easy being green," and you can be pretty sure that the song was written with a full awareness that kids wouldn't be the only ones listening to it.

It wouldn't be a huge step to put just a little spin on Kermie, and that adult sensibility could be read as a gay sensibility. Henson & Company didn't go that route. Other producers have. I don;t see anything wrong with that, and I don't see any reason why children shouldn't watch the show. Then again, I don't have any beef with gay people in general. Apparently, other people do, and some of them work for the Ukraine. Meh.

I just.... I... wh... PFFFFFFFFT!

He's just a silly cartoon character! Come on!

I remember when I was young and liked Pokemon, and my grandmother told me Pokemon were satanic. Even at a young age I thought that was a ridiculous claim. This is no different.

Where has all the common sense gone???

How Can Anybody Promote Homosexuality?! If A Person Is Straight They're Straight .. I Am Certain Spongebob Can't Convert Anyone Into Being Gay .. :blink:

1 person likes this

I've heard that comment a lot, I've never really understood it, it's sort of like saying a Black supremacist is really Chinese in denial...

Actually, its not a mere 'comment' its Psych 101. Its in the same vein of a man becoming a priest to deny his craving for little boys or one of us doing something we consider horrible and trying to forget it by admonishing similar incidents. its a behavioral thing. You really can't fit a persons undeniable race into this category unless you count someone who is bi racial that denies one race because of prejudices learned.

Denial us a reality... And if you Don't believe it, you're in denial! Hehe!